I think I have a marijuana plant growing in my garden?

10 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I did not plant it.

It just suddenly appeared this morning.

The plant is still only about one-half meter high.

Five leaves, at each level, etc. 

How did it get here, anyway.

Plants 50cm tall do not suddenly appear overnight.  If you didn't plant it then it, obviously, got there the same way as all the other weeds are propagated.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Plants 50cm tall do not suddenly appear overnight.  If you didn't plant it then it, obviously, got there the same way as all the other weeds are propagated.

Clarification:  I first noticed it this morning, and was suitably amazed.

Amazing Thailand!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Yeah, don't post a photo. Better to write a wall of text. That will solve the issue.

I am operating under a new SOP Policy...

Due to internet security risks involved with potential METADATA unintentionally added to digital images from phones, in general, I have stopped sending photos from my phone to anyone, anywhere.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Due to internet security risks involved with potential METADATA unintentionally added to digital images from phones, in general, I have stopped sending photos from my phone to anyone, anywhere.

Ever since digital cameras existed photos contained Metadata. That's nothing new. What's preventing you from removing them before posting? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, that is typical tinfoil hat boomer tat. These guys struggle with emails and attachments, too. So funny. Don't worry about metadata, it is there for servers to identify data and work more smoothly, not to track the GammaGlobulators of this world with their dodgy weed pictures. Stroll on.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Ever since digital cameras existed photos contained Metadata. That's nothing new. What's preventing you from removing them before posting? 

I would, in this case, which is rather sensitive, prefer not to.

But, thank you for your suggestion.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Don't worry, he's full of it! 💩

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

^^^ GG (in one incantation or another) does that. He'll be musing on naughty strawberries, or some other irrelevant thing, tomorrow. :tongue: 

I practice my incantations on Saturdays, or very early on Sundays.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Hokeus said:

This means that AN automatically strips out all metadata from a photo file when someone uploads any photo to this website.

Good to know.

Tks.

(As has been said by others, I am not trolling. This is also true.)

Note:  You are UNABLE to prove that there is no METADATA shared. Any scientist would know this to be true, as well.

Note2:  It's always good to know about what we might inadvertently be sharing. (I am not overly paranoid, and I am not a pot head full of paranoia, either).

Still, there is this:

image.png.45d5f65fc02a74d5df75c8602c3845cb.png

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/exif-metadata-privacy/

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Good to know.

Tks.

(As has been said by others, I am not trolling. This is also true.)

Note:  You are UNABLE to prove that there is no METADATA shared. Any scientist would know this to be true, as well.

What? You can literally open the file and see what is inside. How to decode the image data is publicly known, otherwise it would not be possible to make programs to view the images. And you can tell if any additional data are stored there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You could try Googling pictures of marijuana plants on the internet, and comparing the pictures with your mystery plant.

Perhaps this is too logical a process for you, a thread full of frustrated posters is much more enjoyable than toking on your new acquisition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

What? You can literally open the file and see what is inside. How to decode the image data is publicly known, otherwise it would not be possible to make programs to view the images. And you can tell if any additional data are stored there. 

Simply put, nobody can prove a negative.

We can never logically say that there is nothing there, or anywhere, just as we cannot say that there is no God, or gods, or that there is no such thing as Dark Matter.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

You could try Googling pictures of marijuana plants on the internet, and comparing the pictures with your mystery plant.

Perhaps this is too logical a process for you, a thread full of frustrated posters is much more enjoyable than toking on your new acquisition.

How do you know that I have not already begun inhaling?

When I mentioned my Chinese green tea...

Did you think I meant tea?

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just to reiterate, if you don't even want the website you are uploading your photo to have the metadata then just take a screenshot of the photo on your phone first and upload the screen shot. It will contain zero metadata after that. Not even the make and model of your phone.

6 minutes ago, Hokeus said:

Just to reiterate, if you don't even want the website you are uploading your photo to have the metadata then just take a screenshot of the photo on your phone first and upload the screen shot. It will contain zero metadata after that. Not even the make and model of your phone.

OK.

Thank you.

As I say, this is good to know, and helpful.

2 minutes ago, Hokeus said:

Why anyone is wasting their time getting into a pis*ing contest with this troll is beyond me. From his original post he claims to only have seen cannabis in magazines and then he asks if he should dry it and smoke it. That tells you he doesn't smoke to begin with so why would he suddenly be willing to smoke some unknown plant growing in his backyard? Certainly nobody with any common sense would do that.

I feel like a fool even explaining any of this because this is exactly the type of wasted energy he wants from people. It is what he lives for; A long confusing whirlwind diatribe of meaningless posts going down roads that lead to nowhere and eventually fall of a cliff.

Hopefully everyone here will start ignoring this troll sooner than later since the admins on this site seem reluctant to shut him down. It appears that as long as you don't insult anyone here on AN you can waylay people as much as you like without any consequence. 

I would say that there are many kinds of readers in this world.

a.  You have your readers who are accountants, and who are very rigid in their thinking, ones that have a very low threshold for anything that does not completely add up.

b.  And then, you have your painters, such as Picasso, or writers such as Ionesco, who see the world less rigidly, in multi-hues of all the colors in the rainbow.

We need all kinds of readers in this world.

Without readers, where would we writers be?

Nowhere!

There would be no purpose in writing anything...maybe...

\

• Sad 1