Yet another scam- This time a Samsung franchisee in Kalasin.

Scouse123

6 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Tell them you want the 2500 thb and the 9000 for the phone. Let them keep the phone and buy one somewhere else.

They are refusing to speak to me and blocking me access through members of staff, so it's pointless shouting at them, they are just following a script.

• Sad 1

2,500baht to fix is very low price, and would of suggested to me that it wasn't an authorized repair. I just paid 9k to fix a few dead pixels on last-gen Samsung Flip phone to give you perspective on price, and who knows if it was really Samsung that did the job.. 

The problem you have on the second fault is that they can claim it was damaged from the first incident. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, mfinasi said:

2,500baht to fix is very low price, and would of suggested to me that it wasn't an authorized repair. I just paid 9k to fix a few dead pixels on last-gen Samsung Flip phone to give you perspective on price, and who knows if it was really Samsung that did the job.. 

The problem you have on the second fault is that they can claim it was damaged from the first incident. 

The phone value was 9000 baht.

The screen was cracked, and they quoted 2500 baht, that was their quote, from a Samsung dealership, for a cracked screen.

The shop is an authorized Samsung seller/dealer.

I told them to send it to Samsung repairs. The nearest repair shop from Samsung is in Roi Et, I have been many times over the years.

They didn't do that. They tried to fix it themselves, in their probably grubby workshop nearby, and now there are other issues with the phone, which was bought brand new.

The first fault should not have been carried out by those with the Samsung franchise, authorized to sell, but not repair, phones.

It should have been sent to Roi Et, where I requested it to be sent.

On your Samsung flip, it must be out of warranty, to get such a bill. That's the difference, mine isn't.

What if it had been an expensive Samsung flip, and they just tried to palm me off with a refund on a screen, but in reality they had messed up the whole phone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I see it, the problem is a frozen replacement screen which they supplied and fitted for 2,500 baht. The shop is nervous and evasive. How about asking them to repair your phone (unfreeze their replacement screen) free of ADDITIONAL charge? You were initially happy with the repair and price. This way, your phone gets fixed, they get to keep the 2,500 baht and you don't incur extra expenses and suffer raised blood pressure?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

In fact he shouldn't have even bothered to get the phone fixed, right?....  its quicker and easier to just go out and get a another...

In fact its quicker still to buy two phones at the same time, just in case one  of them breaks... 

After all, its only 11,500 baht.... 

Yes... For those unable to tell the difference, the above is a sarcastic facetious response to the utter dumbflukkery presented in reatrius's post which completely over looks the issue of duplicitous business practices and dealing with liars....   when instread choosing a dumbed down, oversimplified haltwitted response in attempt to be a wizeAr$e and instead highting a certain degree of knobheaderry... 

Im confused Mr Smith !

I just did a search for repair vs buy new.Seems like the majority are in your favor which I would also agree with . 

But what confuses me is that you would deny and criticize someone for their opinion! A opinion to throw something away for various reasons.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959652623012106

• Confused 1

take it to a samsung customer service centre 🤦‍♂️
i had a Laptop brought to me from uk and had battery replaced under warranty in Pattaya at samsung service centre on sukhumvit near lotus, but i think they moved it to pattaya klang
for bkk see HERE

to me it sounds like the shop just repaired the screen themselves, hence the offer of refund.

Edited by patman30

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

Im confused Mr Smith !

I just did a search for repair vs buy new.Seems like the majority are in your favor which I would also agree with . 

But what confuses me is that you would deny and criticize someone for their opinion! A opinion to throw something away for various reasons.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959652623012106

Riclag,  I don't think he's criticizing at all,  he's merely putting his view and opinion across,  now whether OP takes that on board is up to him. 

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Riclag,  I don't think he's criticizing at all,  he's merely putting his view and opinion across,  now whether OP takes that on board is up to him. 

I dont see it that way! You need to reread the statement  

“dumbflukkery” presented in the The person he was criticizing post.

Its a insult and highly critical!

• Like 1

Just now, Scouse123 said:

So, you think just let it go?

That's why the service and back up on goods once they are bought is so bad in this country, because of attitudes like yours.

They do things like this because people don't have the know how or the guts to face them off and complain, hence adding fuel to the already blazing fire of corrupt practice.

You are correct mate, it's also a matter of principle.    Keep at them and threaten them with court action if they don't refund your money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I forgot to tell you guys, when we collected the phone, that not content with voiding my warranty by opening the phone up without permission and not sending it to Samsung, the screen they had replaced, they have taken out and put the broken one back in place of it.

I am going to lay it all out politely to Samsung repairs tomorrow and get their views as recommended by Bangkok today.

Disgusted isn't the word.

But, they do the usual cowardly way and block direct access to themselves by hiding behind staff, leaving customers to vent their anger at them instead.

There was no miscommunication whatsoever with them.

They did something I specifically asked them not to do, and that was trying to fix it themselves, to squeeze more profit.

There is another local phone seller here by the name of Advice IT, I have dealt with them on numerous occasions and bought computers, printers, phones etc and whenever there has been a phone issue, they have always sent it to the Samsung repair shop in Roi Et.

I don't know why she decided on this occasion to buy from Samsung in the Lotus supermarket.

48 minutes ago, Wee Jimmy said:

You are correct mate, it's also a matter of principle.    Keep at them and threaten them with court action if they don't refund your money.

😂  ...........    and they'll laugh the same,    do you know how much a Lawyer costs here ?  do you know how many times you have to go to court before anything concrete happens ?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, retarius said:

Some people, it's only 11,500 baht, why would you waste time, effort, energy and raise your BP over such a small amount of money? Do you put no value on your time? Is someone going to reimburse you for all your petrol and the wear and tear on your car? And you chances of success are what exactly? Close to zero I would suspect.

Because it is the principle. They are ripping people off. It's fraud. What if a poor person had worked months to save up for a decent phone, and they did this to them? These people need to understand that in a civilized, adult society you don't carry out such deceptive behaviour at the expense of others. 

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Because it is the principle. They are ripping people off. It's fraud. What if a poor person had worked months to save up for a decent phone, and they did this to them? These people need to understand that in a civilized, adult society you don't carry out such deceptive behaviour at the expense of others. 

I think there may be another facet at play here.

Taking sending the phone to Samsung can take weeks (I guess), but getting the phone repaired locally could return solution within a day, perhaps two.  Thus, when given the choice I imagine most Thai's would want the 'quick' repair. 

Its possible the vendor was not trying to deliberately cheat the Op, but giving him the solution he thought he wanted and going about in a very clumsy, unprofessional manner becase everyone else is just more of the attitude of 'yeah whatever - just fix it'....

So... I don't think the Vendor was pulling a deliberate scam.... but just operating in an manner which is clumsy without clear communication - and thats is pretty much par for the course here and its only when we start asking 20 questions that we find out the rings, hoops and circles Thai's will jump through and run around not to do something properly.... 

• Agree 1