Former RTP boss and 7 others sued for reducing Red Bull heir’s sentences

snoop1130

2 hours ago, quake said:

Boss boy, must be on the home stretch now.

Statute of limitations must be close now. 

How long has he got to go, 2-3 years ?

I think he only has one charge remaining....

• Thumbs Up 1

Over 11 years since the 'incident' ... In at least some Western countries the relevant parts of the statute of limitations could be overruled by a specific one-off law passed by the Parliament.

• Haha 1

Like another billionaire who recently escaped an 8 year prison sentence nothing will happen as there is to much money involved all these peoples bank accounts need to be scrutinized along with all family members one thing I’ve learned in Thailand and that is money talks 

• Agree 1

Of course they know where he is, out of their jurisdiction is where.

Sure this guy definitely needs to experience prison love if guilty but there is no Thai Batman (sadly) to go get him.

That scene where they sky-hook the villain, transport him back Stateside, and leave him tied up with a note out front of the police HQ. "Your're friendly neighbourhood Batman"

Not going to happen, fun if it did, but nope.

The thing is even if they got him, charged/prosecuted/guilty there is no way a Thai billionaire's heir apparent is going to do jail time. This kid is not lying awake at night thinking about the life he took.

Can you imagine the family lawyers, yes you killed him (they would be under strict orders not to say it that way though, it hurts his feelings), but do this and it will eventually go away. 

His mum holding him to her bosom, stroking his head, it's okay, he was a pooouurr.

He got away with it, good chance that when he is older he will hunt humans for sport somewhere.

In the US anyway...

"

Can a statute of limitations be extended?

• Regardless of the applicable statute of limitations, the period may be extended or the running of the period suspended or tolled under a number of circumstances, such as when the accused is a fugitive..."

16 hours ago, fallup88 said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Bangkok Post - Interpol posts fugitive Red Bull scion 'wanted' notice

Expand  

As I recall, he is wanted by Thailand but there never was a request to interpol to arrest him.

That's because there cannot be such a request. Interpol is not a police force it's an inter-governmental organisation, it does not arrest anyone.  Interpol provides advisory notices to member police forces who do the arresting but who also have the option of acting or not taking any action at their discretion and none of them are likely to get involved with a traffic offence in Thailand, regardless of its seriousness.

15 hours ago, Elkski said:

I dont drink energy drinks but i tell this sad fing  story to everyone i see drinking a redbull.  

Why?  That company has, on a number of occasions, distanced itself from Vorayuth personally, and from the accident that it was not involved in, and has confirmed that Vorayuth has nothing to do with the running of the Red Bull company, nor is employed by the company.

10 hours ago, pegman said:

If Thai authorities want to gain some credibility maybe put up $1 million reward for information leading up to the arrest of Red Bull Boss

The RTP could offer a $1bn reward and it would not affect their inability to operate outside the borders of Thailand.

5 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Over 11 years since the 'incident' ... In at least some Western countries the relevant parts of the statute of limitations could be overruled by a specific one-off law passed by the Parliament.

Which countries are those in which that has happened in comparable cases?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

For what?

The joke really needs to put you on a retainer, you are by far his biggest defender in Thailand. I wonder if there's even a 1% chance that you are correct about his innocence?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:
34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

For what?

The joke really needs to put you on a retainer, you are by far his biggest defender in Thailand. I wonder if there's even a 1% chance that you are correct about his innocence?

I wonder if there's even a 1% chance that you are correct about his guilt?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Then what do you suggest happens in a country that isn't Thailand, the only country in which he is a wanted person?

Oh, pleeeease stop trolling, you really are not very good at it, auf weidersehen.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Then what do you suggest happens in a country that isn't Thailand, the only country in which he is a wanted person?

Oh, pleeeease stop trolling

It wasn't a troll, it was very serious question.  Don't suppose you've got an answer...perhaps your F1 calendar post was just another very unsuccessful attempt at trolling!