Putin says NATO is preparing to attack Russia - warns aggression risks nuclear conflict

Social Media

I personally doubt it but what I don’t doubt is Putin attacking a nato aligned country notice the (leaked) Russian docs,then this of course this is just a simple lay person’s opinion but I wouldent put it past him

• Sad 1

Just now, heybruce said:

If you are referring to the invasion of Russia/USSR, has anyone done that since Hitler?

No, just the latest stupidity from Macron.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, zhounan said:

It's evident like the sun in the morning that NATO was preparing to attack Russia since years.

You've been listening to too much Putin waffle, the land grab venture has cost Russia dear.......:coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, candide said:

Sure. That's why the US had downsized its presence in Europe since the end of the cold was, and European NATO countries had reduced their defense budget below 2% of GDP!  😀

Reduced? The laggards were never close to 2% - many still aren't.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

What's it like up there on the dark side of the moon?

A military without a war is a pointless organisation. Even more importantly, without a war there is no chance for the officers to get medals and advance their careers.

I was in a military both during a time of war and a time without. The time with a war was in a military with purpose and a mission, but after it was over and it became a peace time military it was not a "happy" place to be as it slowly rotated into the dark orifice, and I was not unhappy to be bidding it goodbye. While the first part of the experience was rewarding, I never regretted leaving what it became.

• Confused 1

Interesting doings in RT about a leaked German military discussion about how to take out the Crimean bridge.  It's RT, so I take it with a grain of salt.  But knowing what the other side is thinking is never a bad idea.  

It'll be more interesting to see how the Germans spin the leaked call.  So far, their response hasn't been a denial.  Just a promise to find out how the information leaked. 

It's all on RT for those who are not curiosity challenged...

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A military without a war is a pointless organisation. Even more importantly, without a war there is no chance for the officers to get medals and advance their careers.

I was in a military both during a time of war and a time without. The time with a war was in a military with purpose and a mission, but after it was over and it became a peace time military it was not a "happy" place to be as it slowly rotated into the dark orifice, and I was not unhappy to be bidding it goodbye. While the first part of the experience was rewarding, I never regretted leaving what it became.

So what point are you trying to make?

If we do away with war then the nations of the world can disband their militaries? A lovely thought but imo unrealistic.

Alternatively given that in your opinion, the military aren't happy unless there is a war going on, the world should be permanently at war in order to satisfy the military? 

So that's your justification for Putin's invasion of Ukraine: He was only trying to appease the Russian military.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Do tell.

No problem! 😀

During the Cold War, defence spending for NATO Allies (even putting the United States aside) routinely averaged more than 3% of GDP, with some significant variation over time, but rarely falling below 2%. In the post-Cold War era, there was a first significant drop in the early 1990s and a further 20% decrease roughly 20 years later (including a reduction of the NATO command structure) following the global financial crisis of 2008. 

https://www.nato.int/docu/review/articles/2023/07/03/defence-spending-sustaining-the-effort-in-the-long-term/index.html

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, candide said:

No problem! 😀

During the Cold War, defence spending for NATO Allies (even putting the United States aside) routinely averaged more than 3% of GDP, with some significant variation over time, but rarely falling below 2%. In the post-Cold War era, there was a first significant drop in the early 1990s and a further 20% decrease roughly 20 years later (including a reduction of the NATO command structure) following the global financial crisis of 2008. 

https://www.nato.int/docu/review/articles/2023/07/03/defence-spending-sustaining-the-effort-in-the-long-term/index.html

I just new you'd be happy. But bear in mind that we are effectively in a new cold war now, even warm. Ukraine is hot but not part of NATO, although billions of additional $ in money and equipment have been sent, but again the vast bulk of that assistance has come from the USA.

The Cold War was a different era, defending against the threat of attack from the multi-state Soviet Union - the spending then does not really apply to the present. This 2% NATO spending agreement originated in 2006 and was reconfirmed in 2014, but ten years later, more than half of NATO members are still delinquent.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/1/2024 at 12:51 AM, zhounan said:

It's evident like the sun in the morning that NATO was preparing to attack Russia since years.

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I just new you'd be happy. But bear in mind that we are effectively in a new cold war now, even warm. Ukraine is hot but not part of NATO, although billions of additional $ in money and equipment have been sent, but again the vast bulk of that assistance has come from the USA.

The Cold War was a different era, defending against the threat of attack from the multi-state Soviet Union - the spending then does not really apply to the present. This 2% NATO spending agreement originated in 2006 and was reconfirmed in 2014, but ten years later, more than half of NATO members are still delinquent.

Don't forget to what I was initially replying. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, candide said:

Don't forget to what I was initially replying. 

I didn't but don't forget that it really isn't relevant to this topic.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You don't understand deterrence?  Wow!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, heybruce said:

It seems that the only things you think you know about NATO are all wrong.

Wow! how did you come to this conclusion? Can read mind?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/2/2024 at 6:59 AM, NativeBob said:

Dah! NATO was always prepating to attack Russia. The only existence of NATO is to attack small countries and threat nuclear doom. Otherwise it is completely useless organisation.

Not sure Putin would agree that Russia is a small country! Ok,  I know It's GDP is around the same level as Italy. 😁

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1