Swiss Expat Charged with Bodily and Mind Harm in Phuket Kicking Incident

webfact

4 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

It's not really news.

Two groups had an argument at a drunken Isaan coyote-dancer concert (in a temple, ironically) and they settled it with a shoot-out, 4 of them killed.

Happens all the time in Isaan. I lived there long enough to know.

But what doesn't happen all the time is a foreigner having the audacity to kick a Thai on the bottom. They'd lynch him for it. There must be some irony here, lol.

And she is a respectable person too, a doctor, no less, so it's considered more important. 

Nobody cares about some Isaan hillbilly gangsters shooting each other. 

Im not surprised some have a beef with westerners in Thailand, or larger groups of tourists with same ethnicity grouping together, and make noise one way or the other. 

I have many times been embarrassed witnessed so much stupidity and ignorant behaviors, and totally see the culture crash. Not talking about red light districts, but tourist places where thai and westerners meet. 

Natural wherever you go, to be upset if guests or now citizens from other countries do something irrational against us, even there is happening from our own to. 

But in our countries the offender is only mentioned with skin colour or ethnicity if they are white and local. Thats the difference

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yep, anyone who has lived her for any length of time will have met at least one westerner like that - I have met several over my 28 years in Bangkok, all of them obnoxious. One used to regularly treat the wait staff in our local pub like <deleted>, he used to brag about dealing drugs and how many guns he has but he's "connected". He ended up in jail and he's going to be there for quite a while. Good riddance to ugly scum.

As a foreigner you are only "connected" until you're not. Keep your head down, treat Thais with respect and you will get nothing but positivity back. Fat Urs is finding out the hard way what happens when you abuse your "status" one too many times.

From all the stories it is likely he was a known thug (blocking an ambulance, waving guns around), eventually people are going to take you down.

Indeed......😉

• Love It 1

44 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yep, anyone who has lived her for any length of time will have met at least one westerner like that - I have met several over my 28 years in Bangkok, all of them obnoxious. One used to regularly treat the wait staff in our local pub like <deleted>, he used to brag about dealing drugs and how many guns he has but he's "connected". He ended up in jail and he's going to be there for quite a while. Good riddance to ugly scum.

As a foreigner you are only "connected" until you're not. Keep your head down, treat Thais with respect and you will get nothing but positivity back. Fat Urs is finding out the hard way what happens when you abuse your "status" one too many times.

From all the stories it is likely he was a known thug (blocking an ambulance, waving guns around), eventually people are going to take you down.

Yep, reminds me of the Norwegian Pattaya sheriff (tourist police) who had his fingers in everything, dealing with an travel and visa agency, blackmailing, torpedo, and more with high connections giving him the belief he could get away with anything. Also carried a gun. Heavily involved in the Nordic group scandal. He was arrested with drugs m, cash and a gun, spent several years in prison.

https://aseannow.com/topic/295174-norwegian-ex-tourist-police-volunteer-arrested-in-pattaya-for-drugs-dealing/

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

let me say this for you again, because it is clear you struggle.

We do know what happened. For reasons difficult to fathom, he walked up behind them while filming and kicked her. 

But none of that was the case in this instance.  the video shows them sitting there quietly.

Except they are completely dissimilar.  

this certainly has gone too far, but only in terms of the issues it distracts from. The dude deserves punishment for his behavior certainly.

You are so well informed i suppose you are his neighbour??? Or do you base your opinion on what is written??

• Confused 4

4 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

You are so well informed i suppose you are his neighbour??? Or do you base your opinion on what is written??

The info is out there, sunbeam................:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, n00dle said:

FFS you halfwit there is a video of the events. I'm not sure how much more clarity you require.

As i wrote many times we don't know the history of it.. Who knows what happened in the weeks before....I can tell you that I am living near a ricefield and already for many years they throw bombs to scare birds 250 a day... Last year I went to them as I was sick of it and told them to stop it in front of my door. Since than they don't do it anymore but they don't speak with me too. But I think I was very patient for 5 years.. Maybe here is the same. We only see what happened when she was hit, but we don't know what happened before smart one

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

I would suggest you go back to the bigging of the thread, read a look at everything........🙄

It seems the Swiss man is a jerk.. I agree it is not good to hit a woman,but to blow up the story like this and everybody has an opinion about, but we all don't know what is behind it... and we can see that 500 people are demonstrating for a free access to the beach... so probably there is much more that is not written here, but that is known by the locals...That is the only thing that I write we don't know what is/has happened before he hit the woman..And if someone dare to say he is well informed , he can only claim what he has read on the internet, but he doesn't know what is really going on

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Geir Rasch said:

I would like that all people, national or non-national, be treated the same. Every thing else is racism.

We can all virtue signal but understanding how people react in the real world and have done since the dawn of civilisation to outsiders might make you realise that this was always going to be the reaction, people know they'll never be rid of crime and <deleted>. Still, when the <deleted> has been allowed to live in your nation and potentially put your fellow citizens in harm's way, people are going to take it more seriously same as Europeans view when crime takes place by immigrants vs the same crimes by locals. 

Also, the word you are thinking of is discrimination or xenophobia at best, this isn't because he is white, they'd do the same if he were Burmese, Chinese, etc.

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

It seems the Swiss man is a jerk.. I agree it is not good to hit a woman,but to blow up the story like this and everybody has an opinion about, but we all don't know what is behind it... and we can see that 500 people are demonstrating for a free access to the beach... so probably there is much more that is not written here, but that is known by the locals...That is the only thing that I write we don't know what is/has happened before he hit the woman..And if someone dare to say he is well informed , he can only claim what he has read on the internet, but he doesn't know what is really going on

"blow up the story"?.. By discussing Phuket news on a forum designed specifically for expats in Thailand, in the sub forum "Phuket news"...??

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/2/2024 at 6:38 AM, wensiensheng said:

In a Western country it’s a case of assault and would be dealt with in a minor court without much fuss and bother. A fine, suspended sentence maybe. Over and done with.

here it’s a national incident, partly because these days Thailand is ruled by “netizens” and viral videos. If there is a viral video, the bib and various other authorities are on the case. No viral video, not interested.

This guy was a jerk and should pay a price. National incident requiring 24/7 news coverage? Nah, not really.

A big part of the issue is public outrage at the sense of entitlement of someone who is wealthy and connected. Furthermore, the fact that it is a foreigner who has purchased this privilege is beyond the pail. A huge loss of face for Thai policing and the entire culture of corruption and privilege. 

21 hours ago, transam said:

I would suggest you go back to the bigging of the thread, read a look at everything........🙄

I would suggest you put the beer bottlle down

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Why, you have not seen the photo 'still' of Daves foot making contact, perhaps you should avoid the beer and do some more research, eh...............................:burp:

21 hours ago, transam said:

17 minutes ago, n00dle said:

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Why, you have not seen the photo 'still' of Daves foot making contact, perhaps you should avoid the beer and do some more research, eh...............................:burp:

read through that exchange again, why don'tcha.

or to borrow your own words, less the emoji"

go back to the bigging of the thread, read a look at everything........🙄 

11 minutes ago, n00dle said:

read through that exchange again, why don'tcha.

or to borrow your own words, less the emoji"

go back to the bigging of the thread, read a look at everything........🙄 

I don't have too...........😉

Cheers.......:drunk:...........🤭

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 3:20 PM, ryandb said:

We can all virtue signal but understanding how people react in the real world and have done since the dawn of civilisation to outsiders might make you realise that this was always going to be the reaction, people know they'll never be rid of crime and <deleted>. Still, when the <deleted> has been allowed to live in your nation and potentially put your fellow citizens in harm's way, people are going to take it more seriously same as Europeans view when crime takes place by immigrants vs the same crimes by locals. 

Also, the word you are thinking of is discrimination or xenophobia at best, this isn't because he is white, they'd do the same if he were Burmese, Chinese, etc.

You are right: discrimination and xenophobia exist all over the world, but that does not mean it is ok. I find it disgusting.