NATO Will Be Drawn Into War With Russia if Ukraine Loses: Lloyd Austin

58 minutes ago, retarius said:

Thankfully I live here in Thailand and so may not be immediately killed in the inferno.

I live somewhere further away, and if Mr Austin decides to move to it in the aftermath, I will endeavour to give him a nice warm welcome.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It will definitely be very hard.

But some progress is possible. 

I'm looking forward to the Kherson bridge being destroyed this year.

I can't imagine getting my kicks from such stuff but I suppose it takes all sorts to cheer on wanton destruction from a safe place in the sun amongst millions of Russians. Hey ho.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You should ask Putin that, minus the sun..............

Everybody thought they were the devil incarnate and then came Gaza and we realized they were depths that they haven't yet plumbed. A curse on both their houses.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes October 7 was incredibly barbaric.

Soon after Putin invited Hamas (charter says kill all Jews) to Moscow.

Reminds me of the exile of the pro genocide Grand Mufti of Jerusalem to Berlin during WW2.

An now the US is pushing for a ceasefire to reward Hamas. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

A curse on the American Putin loving maga fascists who are blocking vitally needed military aid to Ukraine in their brave defense against the murdeeoous aggression of expansionist Russia. 

You mean like Erik Prince, founder of Blackwater?

Erik Prince: “We need to bring that war to a close because all Ukraine is doing right now is destroying itself demographically. They’re chewing up the next generation of manpower that they really can’t really replace right now. They don’t have enough manpower. The Western defense base is pathetic. And you’re not going to out-conventional war the Russian Bear. And I would say an ugly peace is better than whatever their idea of an ideal war is.

Patrick Bet David: Well, what is an ugly peace though?

Erik Prince: Meaning, freeze the lines, straighten the lines… Let them keep Crimea, Donetsk, Luhansk, whatever. It’s not the American taxpayer’s obligation to spend another hundred billion dollars in Ukraine when there’s been significant corruption and really nothing to show for it.”

Or Elon?

Elon Musk agrees with Erik Prince.

Unfortunately, that is true

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 2, 2024

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/blackwater-founder-erik-prince-ukraine-we-need-bring/

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Musk is a weirdo and turns out he is a vile Putin fan boy.

You conveniently left out the quote from Erik Prince, former SEAL and founder of Blackwater.

We need to bring that war to a close because all Ukraine is doing right now is destroying itself demographically. They’re chewing up the next generation of manpower that they really can’t really replace right now. 

One more time, here's the CNN map of the region from last February (2023). 

Donbas.png.a384082da567b1f6e6b40b9a0ec01774.png

Tell me, what gains has Ukraine made in the past year that justify the tens of thousands of lives and $ tens of billions of treasure squandered?  It's time to stop the killing and start the rebuilding.  It'll be an ugly peace, but there is no other viable end point other than forever war.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Erik Prince: “We need to bring that war to a close because all Ukraine is doing right now is destroying itself demographically. They’re chewing up the next generation of manpower that they really can’t really replace right now. They don’t have enough manpower. The Western defense base is pathetic. And you’re not going to out-conventional war the Russian Bear. And I would say an ugly peace is better than whatever their idea of an ideal war is.

Well, it's great to see someone that actually understands war is saying it's over, all bar the shouting.

I especially like the bit about The Western defense base is pathetic. That's what I've been saying on the forum on the threads about NATO. Far as I can see, for whatever reason, Europe, including Britain have been emasculating their military ever since the cold war supposedly ended- idiots.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

Erik Prince: Meaning, freeze the lines, straighten the lines… Let them keep Crimea, Donetsk, Luhansk, whatever. It’s not the American taxpayer’s obligation to spend another hundred billion dollars in Ukraine when there’s been significant corruption and really nothing to show for it.”

I think he misses the point of it all, which IMO has been to enrich the weapons manufacturers ie the 1%.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think he misses the point of it all, which IMO has been to enrich the weapons manufacturers ie the 1%.

What's it tell you when even the warmongers and mercenary plutocrats like Prince say it's time to put an end to it?

It's long past time for the killing to stop and the rebuilding to start.  Or, we can stay in a forever war, pouring more Ukrainian lives and more US $$$billions ($trillions?), and hope against hope that nobody does something stupid that starts Armageddon.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

What's it tell you when even the warmongers and mercenary plutocrats like Prince say it's time to put an end to it?

It's long past time for the killing to stop and the rebuilding to start.  Or, we can stay in a forever war, pouring more Ukrainian lives and more US $$$billions ($trillions?), and hope against hope that nobody does something stupid that starts Armageddon.

There is no profit in peace, but perhaps they can see that the Ukraine war is almost done so no more taxpayer largesse there, and perhaps another starting in a different part of the world and want to be ready to profit from it. Just saying.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1