Some locals seem increasingly concerned about the type of Visa I am on.

4 hours ago, gargamon said:

They're looking for a reason to get you kicked out of Thailand. What did you do? Annoy them with useless drivel? 

Exactly. I'm thinking maybe "bob smith" is actually a paid shill, maybe one of several aliases, and I suspect he has no work permit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Yes Tranny, you amuse me.

How often do you get residency letters? are they too difficult to do without the yellow book / pink ID as they normally take me no more than about 10 mins - hahaha, it's not difficult.

Only 10 minutes, wow, do you get them from next door and for free...........?  😂

I don't get residency letters, I have a yellow book and a printer at my house...........:guitar:

5 hours ago, scorecard said:
7 hours ago, bob smith said:

It's their country, they are entitled to have some details of who the gov't is allowing to stay in their country.

They are entitled to nothing, except their views on foreigners. It actually makes me a bit jealous as that is a   privilege that has long been withdrawn from us westerners concerning immigrants to our countries , legal or otherwise   

How nasty and potentially dangerous must some of these  people be when its deemed necessary  pass laws to stop us saying anything about them ,.and to make us like them ?   , ostensibly at least 

If you went to the UK and openly questioned an immigrants'  status you would be arrested for a hate crime. your feet would not touch the floor, then follows a character assassination by the media, followed by death threats, and  good luck with reporting that to the police

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Agree 1

I have never been asked about my visa, but I have noticed many more people asking if I live in Thailand or just visiting, and for how long.

As chance would have it, just today in Pattaya some well dressed Thai guy at the restaurant asked if I live around here or just visiting. Strange. I just gave him a thumbs up and a smile. He kept going on and on about doing some demographic research on foreigners who live in town as part of his job, how it impacts the area and businesses, etc. etc. I just smiled until he shut up as he was a couple tables over.

He was friendly, but you never want to give people you don't know your personal info or plans unless it benefits you in some way. Anything else is a Thai problem.

Edited by JimTripper

36 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

No need to go all worgeordie on us and sign off each post. We can see who makes each post from the top left.  

I’ll do what I like! 

regards

bob smith.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

That's the attitude that has probably gotten you feeling picked on... what a douche.

Feeling picked on?

where did you get that ?

I couldn’t give a toss.

what a sponge.

bob.

Edited by bob smith

1 minute ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Hit a nerve did I... if what you said is true you wouldn't have ever started this rant... 555

I start threads like these because I want to shed light on the real Thailand.

arent you due down at the opticians later for a new pair of rose tinted glasses?

bob.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

There are meds for your delusions as well... but you have to be willing to take them as well.

Again, I gave them all to you.

you need them more than I.

bob.

• Haha 1

I've been asked by a few Thais if I'm an escaped criminal from my home country. Quite rude. I reckoned they had heard some xenophobic rhetoric from a Thai politician. 

Back in the US I knew a lot of non citizens and sometimes had conversations about their legal status. Some I knew were illegal, some were on green cards. I was just curious. So a curious Thai might just be that and not looking to snitch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I've been asked by a few Thais if I'm an escaped criminal from my home country. Quite rude. I reckoned they had heard some xenophobic rhetoric from a Thai politician. 

Back in the US I knew a lot of non citizens and sometimes had conversations about their legal status. Some I knew were illegal, some were on green cards. I was just curious. So a curious Thai might just be that and not looking to snitch. 

From what you post I probably would have asked you the same question... not to be rude.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Disagree, not rude, just curious.

Most Thais living around me can't quite understand how I can live here and nobody in the house has a job.

Thais generally admire wealthy criminals.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Agree 1

On 3/2/2024 at 11:16 AM, bob smith said:

I always play them at their own game.

That’s how I survive here.

It’s also how you eventually become a naturalized Thai.

bob.

exactly just use their own stupid  ways   against them, we  often get a  case of  burning the fields    here, yet when burning time comes  by us we are  told  dont  burn, we  abide,  neighbours  ignore  it ,yet if we did  burn, which we neve r have, there would be uproar  with the holier than though locals.