It's official: We can pretty much treat covid like the flu now

Just now, stoner said:

yes some people did lie. facts are facts. there is video of rachel maddow clearly saying what i have said in this forum. 

she flat out lied about it. 

Oh dear, did that take a long to find, is it relevant, no................😁

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

who said anything about it starting ? i am simply stating what i have seen with my own eyes. you are a big boy you know how to use youtube and other video sharing platforms. 

You said that. See quote below.

I am a big boy and know how to search yes. But the burden on providing sources is on the original poster who posts a claim. That's how big boys do it.

16 minutes ago, stoner said:

multiple times at the start society was told the vaccine would stop the spread and prevent you from getting covid. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

You said that. See quote below.

I am a big boy and know how to search yes. But the burden on providing sources is on the original poster who posts a claim. That's how big boys do it.

proof is out there. i am not making a claim i am stating facts. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

yes some people did lie. facts are facts. there is video of rachel maddow clearly saying what i have said in this forum. 

she flat out lied about it. 

No idea who Rachel Maddow is. I just looked at Wikipedia and it seems she is just a random TV host. Why would anyone take their health advise from a TV host? Doesn't matter if it's MSNBC or Fox News. There's bull<deleted> coming from all sides of the spectrum.

An exchange of bickering posts between two members has been removed.

Please comment on the topic of the thread, and not on fellow forum members.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

So you are unable to provide a source.

rachel maddow msnbc.....that's your source. well one of them. there is also a video of biden saying very similar things. 

34 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I know people who drink milk every morning and never got Covid. I know someone who doesn't drink milk every morning and did get Covid. I am scared to post this alternative view and be labeled a conspiracist and being oppressed! The truth about milk will get out!

Lactoferrin, a glycoprotein in mammal milk, displays an antiviral effect on different types of viruses including SARS-CoV-2 which is the main focus of this review (10). Additionally, milk also contains other glycoconjugates that are potentially involved in antiviral mechanisms and human immunity.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9680090/#:~:text=Lactoferrin%2C a glycoprotein in mammal,antiviral mechanisms and human immunity.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

she flat out lied to millions of people. 

Again, maybe these millions should not take their health advise from a random talking head. They could instead turn to institutions like... I dunno.. maybe the CDC?

1 minute ago, stoner said:

rachel maddow msnbc.....that's your source. well one of them. there is also a video of biden saying very similar things. 

You are expected link to sources. Not just mention names and that it's "out there". And once again Biden was not president when the pandemic started.

• Thanks 1

There were instances when some public figures overstated what the data was showing at the time.... And then they were corrected by the U.S. CDC:

CDC reverses statement by director that vaccinated people are no longer contagious

April 2, 2021

The CDC later told the Times Walensky was speaking broadly during the interview. 

“It’s possible that some people who are fully vaccinated could get COVID-19. The evidence isn’t clear whether they can spread the virus to others. We are continuing to evaluate the evidence,” a CDC spokesman told the Times. 

The CDC study found the two mRNA vaccines prevented 90 percent of infections two weeks after patients received the second of two doses, including asymptomatic and presymptomatic infections. Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection dropped by 80 percent. 

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/546234-cdc-reverses-statement-by-director-that-vaccinated-people-are-no/

The truth was out there and was told repeatedly as to what what occurring and found during that period of time.

Just now, eisfeld said:

Again, maybe these millions should not take their health advise from a random talking head. They could instead turn to institutions like... I dunno.. maybe the CDC?

You are expected link to sources. Not just mention names and that it's "out there". And once again Biden was not president when the pandemic started.

thanks for missing the point. ok my mistake about the beginning. however. as it stands biden did say those things. so there's that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

No idea who Rachel Maddow is. I just looked at Wikipedia and it seems she is just a random TV host. Why would anyone take their health advise from a TV host? Doesn't matter if it's MSNBC or Fox News. There's bull<deleted> coming from all sides of the spectrum.

yes, she is a TV host, but at the time actual doctors and virologists were being censored on social media as spreading 'misinformation' yet she (among others) was allowed to continue spreading with out any accountability. 
unfortunately not everyone looks further than their TV for their info. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

CDC reverses statement by director that vaccinated people are no longer contagious

by reversing a statement one is acknowledging that in fact it was made in the first place.  

@eisfeld take note here of this statement. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

yes, she is a TV host, but at the time actual doctors and virologists were being censored on social media as spreading 'misinformation' yet she (among others) was allowed to continue spreading with out any accountability. 
unfortunately not everyone looks further than their TV for their info. 

take a peek at the cdc statement in my last comment. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, stoner said:

take a peek at the cdc statement in my last comment. 

yeah, i have followed covid BS closely since the start, still don't know of 1 death in my area., Thailand didn't have any issues with deaths or cases for an entire year, then they introduced self testing kits, then it all blew up, cases through the roof daily, people in quarantine etc etc, then 14 days later...nothing! .8% mortality rate. more die on the roads each day, yet driving isn't banned!!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stoner said:

by reversing a statement one is acknowledging that in fact it was made in the first place.  

@eisfeld take note here of this statement. 

It was clarified and not reversed. The word "reversed" came from the journalist. That's exactly the issue. Quotes are taken out of context and then people are like "haha! gotcha! it was a lie!".

I think the CDC's policy change here is a recognition of several things:

1. Protection against COVID is better now than it was in past years, because of the partial/temporary immunity gained from prior infections and vaccinations at the society levels. Along with better medical treatments and methods of care.

2. That their policy on isolation is and was only a recommendation, and people and entities weren't required to follow it, and in fact, probably weren't mostly following it in real life these days.

Still, there are a good number of folks out in the public health community who believe the current CDC policy change is ignoring what the actual science continues to show about COVID and its infectiousness and transmissibility.

Why Are We Still Flu-ifying COVID?

The diseases are nowhere near the same.

"In 2023, COVID hospitalized more than 900,000 Americans and killed 75,000; the worst flu season of the past decade hospitalized 200,000 fewer people and resulted in 23,000 fewer deaths. A recent CDC survey reported that more than 5 percent of American adults are currently experiencing long COVID, which cannot be fully prevented by vaccination or treatment, and for which there is no cure.

Dropping the current COVID-isolation guideline—which has, since the end of 2021, recommended that people cloister for five days—may likewise be dangerous.

That means a return to a world in which tens of thousands of Americans die each year of flu and RSV, as they did in the 2010s. With COVID here to stay, every winter for the foreseeable future will layer on yet another respiratory virus—and a particularly deadly, disabling, and transmissible one at that. The math is simple: “The risk has overall increased for everyone,” Landon said. That straightforward addition could have inspired us to expand our capacity for preserving health and life. Instead, our tolerance for suffering seems to be the only thing that’s grown.

https://archive.is/9wY9Z

4 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

yeah, i have followed covid BS closely since the start, still don't know of 1 death in my area., Thailand didn't have any issues with deaths or cases for an entire year, then they introduced self testing kits, then it all blew up, cases through the roof daily, people in quarantine etc etc, then 14 days later...nothing! .8% mortality rate. more die on the roads each day, yet driving isn't banned!!

Well duh, of course as soon as you introduce testing kits you will indeed detect cases. How are you supposed to detect cases if not tested?

0.8% mortality rate with all the counter measures like vaccines according to you. That's half a million dead if it infects the population. In Thailand about 60 people die in road accidents every day. I think your numbers are a wee bit off.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

biden said it. msnbc said it. lots of video out there (transam) for all to see. 

Last time I checked msnbc, Biden and a number of news outlet talking heads said a variety of false statements. They aren't doctors and were paid to sensationalize anything they could, especially fox news and trump and his trumpettes. They got there doctor degrees from Google just like you. Did you try taking bleach, disinfectants internally or sticking an up light down your throat as trump suggested?

• Thanks 1

One problem with the CDC's policy change is that science shows that people 24 hours after their COVID symptoms have begun improving -- the CDC's new cutoff for ending recommended isolation -- can and will continue to be contagious to others around them.

Some experts disagree on guidance change

It’s reasonable to want to treat Covid-19 like other respiratory viruses, said Dr. Ellie Murray, an assistant professor of epidemiology at Boston University’s School of Public Health, “but you can’t just discard the science.”

Murray notes that we’ve learned a lot about how respiratory diseases spread and how best to control them during the pandemic. But instead of applying those lessons to help protect people from other infections like the flu, she says, this rolling back of precautions is sending a harmful message.

“It’s undermining the whole rest of the public health system,” she said. “Because what people are hearing is, ‘Actually, diseases aren’t as bad as we’d said they were, and we don’t actually need to do anything. It’s not actually that bad if some people die.’”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/01/health/cdc-covid-isolation-recommendations/index.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

even Chris Whitty on the bbc back in April 2020 said this was a lot lower risk than first predicted, with a less than 1% mortality rate, yet we all had to suffer the BS for 2 years.

Wearing 2 masks and a face shield was getting cumbersome!

Disinfecting everything in the house & car was a chore !The forces that be had me goin.

But People are still sneezing into their hands or without covering up at all!

Idiots.

image.png.903f47b8b344e8e59db976ed68d5f4e8.png

https://www.verywellhealth.com/why-you-should-cover-your-cough-770726

Edited by riclag

7 minutes ago, Dan O said:

They aren't doctors and were paid to sensationalize anything they could

joe biden was paid to make sensationalized statements ? ahhhhh

8 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Last time I checked msnbc, Biden and a number of news outlet talking heads said a variety of false statements.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

even Chris Whitty on the bbc back in April 2020 said this was a lot lower risk than first predicted, with a less than 1% mortality rate, yet we all had to suffer the BS for 2 years.

Oh, noes!!!!

They gonna make me wear a mask!

Oh, the humanity!

More on why the CDC's latest guidance is at odds with what the science shows on transmissibility of COVID even now:

Covid Taught Us a Lot. The CDC Now Wants Us to Forget It.

"the guidelines outlined by the Post’s three sources would run counter to the available research on Covid and other respiratory illnesses—presumably in order to satisfy economic and political interests. The consequences both for contagion and public trust, should the agency follow through on these plans, could be severe.

Crucially, Covid symptoms do not seem to correspond with contagiousness. “We knew surprisingly early on in the pandemic that asymptomatic individuals can shed virus and can transmit the virus to others,” said Sorrell.

With omicron, only 22 percent of vaccinated people had a fever, and it was even less common among those who had a booster; even so, 80 percent of patients still tested positive after five days, one study found. Some 40 percent of kids are still contagious after symptoms resolve; one-quarter are contagious after seven days, and 10 percent are still contagious after 10 days."

https://newrepublic.com/article/179304/covid-cdc-guidelines-isolation-symptoms

Who even isolates at this stage ? I notice when people say they might have covid or flu-like sypmtoms...they slant to 'flu' and don't mention covid at all.

I rarely hear any mention of the word covid here in the UK.

It's like a collective bad dream that everyone wants to forget.

4 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Well duh, of course as soon as you introduce testing kits you will indeed detect cases. How are you supposed to detect cases if not tested?

0.8% mortality rate with all the counter measures like vaccines according to you. That's half a million dead if it infects the population. In Thailand about 60 people die in road accidents every day. I think your numbers are a wee bit off.

you are missing the point....if went from  no cases, no sick people everywhere, no dead bodies piling up, no panic, life went on with pretty much as normal.....Introduction of testing kits, thousands of case everywhere, travel restrictions, 1000's in quarantine facilities, panicking.... so where was covid that 1st year?

22 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Oh, noes!!!!

They gonna make me wear a mask!

Oh, the humanity!

was a bit more than just a mask or did you forget the restrictions on funerals, gatherings, going to restaurants & pubs, shopping, exercising, driving and how about those that were not allowed to work?.