It's official: We can pretty much treat covid like the flu now

I think depression anxiety doubled during lockdown in world anyway.

Section below

The impact of COVID on mental health

Recent surveys released by the OECD found that mental health has deteriorated significantly since the start of the COVID‑19 pandemic.

From March 2020 onwards, the prevalence of anxiety and depression increased in 15 selected OECD countries, including several European ones.

https://www.euronews.com/health/2023/09/09/europes-mental-health-crisis-in-data-which-country-uses-the-most-antidepressants#:~:text=Share of the population reporting chronic depression (2019),-Chronic depression %&text=It is interesting that the,131 DDD in 2020 respectively.

Probably why it's such a non-topic also.

Although U.S. COVID deaths and hospitalizations have been declining lately, and are much down from their peaks of early 2023 a year ago, COVID is still killing more than 200 Americans per day, each and every day, in the U.S., more than 1,500 per week right now.

Screenshot_5.jpg.1db90f489a1a56ad61c28d310aa42f20.jpg

Source link:

"Data during recent periods are incomplete because of the lag in time between when a death occurs and when a death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS, and processed for reporting. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction. The most recent 3 weeks of mortality counts are shaded grey and mortality rates shown as dotted lines because NVSS reporting is <95% during this period."

8 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

you are missing the point....if went from  no cases, no sick people everywhere, no dead bodies piling up, no panic, life went on with pretty much as normal.....Introduction of testing kits, thousands of case everywhere, travel restrictions, 1000's in quarantine facilities, panicking.... so where was covid that 1st year?

That's how a pandemic works. There's an exponential ramp-up. That's where the expressions viral spread or virality come from. First nothing and then it goes like stink.

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Although U.S. COVID deaths and hospitalizations have been declining lately, and are much down from their peaks of early 2023 a year ago, COVID is still killing more than 200 Americans per day, each and every day, in the U.S., more than 1,500 per week right now.

Screenshot_5.jpg.1db90f489a1a56ad61c28d310aa42f20.jpg

Source link:

"Data during recent periods are incomplete because of the lag in time between when a death occurs and when a death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS, and processed for reporting. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction. The most recent 3 weeks of mortality counts are shaded grey and mortality rates shown as dotted lines because NVSS reporting is <95% during this period."

Is that the old :-

died with covid

or died from covid

chestnut ?

excess deaths have been seemingly swept under the carpet too.... no coverage or discussion from the MSM, ONS in the UK even adjusted how deaths are counted from 2020 to now.... but was perfectly fine formula up to 2020?!

• Like 1

And yet people still get offended when you defy the narrative in regard to vaccines. I will never take another covid vaccine I only took the ones I took because I needed to travel internationally. I am now much more concerned about getting a flu than I am covid. Covid is a nothing burger. Despite many protestations to the contrary. Let it go. Please. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, freedomnow said:

Is that the old :-

died with covid

or died from covid

To be counted as a COVID death in those CDC statistics, the death has to have COVID as the underlying (main) cause or a contributing cause as coded on the death certificate.

"Provisional data are non-final counts of deaths based on the flow of mortality data in NVSS. Deaths include those with COVID-19, coded to ICD–10 code U07.1, as an underlying or contributing cause of death on the death certificate."

Source link:

3 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

That's how a pandemic works. There's an exponential ramp-up. That's where the expressions viral spread or virality come from. First nothing and then it goes like stink.

yeah right,  while the whole world was being effected and people dropping like flies (or so we were told by MSM), as i already posted, Thailand was first reported case outside China Jan 2020. we were told the virus was lethal, 3.4% of the population would die....so where were all the sick, dying or dead in that first year? did covid juast quietly wait in the wings until Thailand got testing kits?

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

To be counted as a COVID death in those CDC statistics, the death has to have COVID as the underlying (main) cause or a contributing cause as coded on the death certificate.

"Provisional data are non-final counts of deaths based on the flow of mortality data in NVSS. Deaths include those with COVID-19, coded to ICD–10 code U07.1, as an underlying or contributing cause of death on the death certificate."

Source link:

'nuff said - 'contributing cause'...some health wreck with 8 serious conditions dies and trace of covid in them = covid death stat.

• Like 1

And likewise in the U.S. right now, new COVID hospitalizations are running at about 17,000 per week... so lots of people still getting sick and requiring hospitalization... even though the numbers have been improving lately and are down from the peaks of a year ago.

Screenshot_6.jpg.1dc1f879084c88cd087557a4949af1d9.jpg

Source link:

I think covid was just a dress rehearsal for the incoming alien ships arrival and proper lockdown like in Half-Life 2.

We all complied globally anyway, so it's good to go.

Waiting for the announcement from President Kamala Harris as Biden will be dead by the time the aliens get here....

😂

🥳

Edited by freedomnow

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And yet people still get offended when you defy the narrative in regard to vaccines. I will never take another covid vaccine I only took the ones I took because I needed to travel internationally. I am now much more concerned about getting a flu than I am covid. Covid is a nothing burger. Despite many protestations to the contrary. Let it go. Please. 

letting it go is all very well,  but i'm sure people that lost their businesses, jobs, or were not allowed to funerals of loved ones due to restrictions or were forced to take vaccines or even got injured by them would prefer there was some accountability from those in charge. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

did covid juast quietly wait in the wings until Thailand got testing kits?

Thailand has had plenty of COVID deaths, nearly 35,000 cumulative according to the Thai MoPH. And those official numbers from Thailand are widely considered as a significant undercount to reality:

Screenshot_7.jpg.6faa0d0b55695f627862659b75765f62.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=main

Screenshot_8.jpg.8124240655d0eae0a7a5f8c1aa97ebba.jpg

Source link:

Screenshot_9.jpg.2c5bb1b40c37d6f500e2c1e5dde5fe51.jpg

Source link:

Joking aside, think I had covid stuck in me last 6 weeks and now feel these symptoms came up...

MANIFESTATION AND DIAGNOSIS OF COVID-19-RELATED MYOCARDITIS

After 1-3 weeks, they have heart symptoms, such as fatigue, palpitation, chest tightness.

Just would not leave me and at low level, and different to flu.

Edited by freedomnow

20 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

we were told the virus was lethal, 3.4% of the population would die..

The 3% range discussion pertained to the Case Fatality Rate for COVID (the share of deaths out of the confirmed cases) earlier in the pandemic when death rates were much higher...

It wasn't any estimate of deaths out of the total population as you claim.

The Global Case-Fatality Rate of COVID-19 Has Been Declining Since May 2020

"The weekly global cumulative COVID-19 rCFR reached a peak at 7.23% during the 17th week (April 22–28, 2020). We found a positive and increasing trend for global daily rCFR values of COVID-19 until the 17th week (pre-peak period) and then a strong declining trend up until the 53rd week (post-peak period) toward 2.2% (December 29–31, 2020)."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8176487/

Different countries had different CFR rates at different times throughout the pandemic, some worse and some better than others.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

14 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

yeah right,  while the whole world was being effected and people dropping like flies (or so we were told by MSM), as i already posted, Thailand was first reported case outside China Jan 2020. we were told the virus was lethal, 3.4% of the population would die....so where were all the sick, dying or dead in that first year? did covid juast quietly wait in the wings until Thailand got testing kits?

A lot of people did indeed die in the beginning. The hospitals and even morgues were completely overloaded. The virus was lethal obviously. Lethal means you can die from it. You can't compare the final mortality rates to the initial ones because the virus mutated heavily and got much less lethal. I am not sure what you would have expected, that suddenly everyone is sick and dies in the first year? You are clearly mixing up cause and effect here. The people didn't get sick because testing kits became available. We scrambled to get testing kits because the cases were increasing rapidly!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Who would like to see an outbreak of Ebola and watch the outcome as many on here flatly refuse to be vaccinated?

I think in the case of Ebola as it is so distinct and externally horrific...many of them would get the vaccine who avoided the covid one ?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Tell that to those six feet under........😬

My concern is with the side affects after the injections and the much higher mortality rates in certain age groups since 2021.

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thailand has had plenty of COVID deaths, nearly 35,000 cumulative according to the Thai MoPH. And those official numbers from Thailand are widely considered as a significant undercount to reality:

this is about the same as 1 year of pm2.5 deaths. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

letting it go is all very well,  but i'm sure people that lost their businesses, jobs, or were not allowed to funerals of loved ones due to restrictions or were forced to take vaccines or even got injured by them would prefer there was some accountability from those in charge. 

Oh I completely agree I would love to see Fauci, the FDA, the CDC, The WHO, Big Pharma and the governments around the world held responsible for the extraordinary amount of damage that they caused. Here alone the damage was well into the tens, perhaps hundreds of billions of dollars to businesses and the tourism industry alike. As far as I'm concerned multiple members of the Prayuth administration should be in prison. But we know that's not going to happen. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

A lot of people did indeed die in the beginning. The hospitals and even morgues were completely overloaded. The virus was lethal obviously. Lethal means you can die from it. You can't compare the final mortality rates to the initial ones because the virus mutated heavily and got much less lethal. I am not sure what you would have expected, that suddenly everyone is sick and dies in the first year? You are clearly mixing up cause and effect here. The people didn't get sick because testing kits became available. We scrambled to get testing kits because the cases were increasing rapidly!

i was specifically talking of Thailand..are you?
i was watching hysterical reports of people dropping like flies in Italy, 'look at Italy' was everyone mantra when arguing over covid in the beginning, well, it didn't reach there until after Thailand, so where were all Thailands dead? morgues in here were not full, hospitals were not full in the beginning. the Governments own stats only showed 92 deaths in the 1st year there was no real issues until the kits were here, then the panic started...... so prior to those kits nobody had covid or did people have covid but didn't even notice... meaning severity wasn't we were being told. 

Edited by frank83628
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Oh I completely agree I would love to see Fauci, the FDA, the CDC, The WHO, Big Pharma and the governments around the world held responsible for the extraordinary amount of damage that they caused. Here alone the damage was well into the tens, perhaps hundreds of billions of dollars to businesses and the tourism industry alike. As far as I'm concerned multiple members of the Prayuth administration should be in prison. But we know that's not going to happen. 

Yes, let's hold the responsible for this:

COVID vaccines saved 20M lives in 1st year, scientists say

Nearly 20 million lives were saved by COVID-19 vaccines during their first year, but even more deaths could have been prevented if international targets for the shots had been reached, researchers reported Thursday.

“Catastrophic would be the first word that comes to mind,” Watson said of the outcome if vaccines hadn’t been available to fight the coronavirus. The findings “quantify just how much worse the pandemic could have been if we did not have these vaccines.”

The researchers used data from 185 countries to estimate that vaccines prevented 4.2 million COVID-19 deaths in India, 1.9 million in the United States, 1 million in Brazil, 631,000 in France and 507,000 in the United Kingdom.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-science-health-england-54d29ae3af5c700f15d704c14ee224b5

16 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

My concern is with the side affects after the injections and the much higher mortality rates in certain age groups since 2021.

No Evidence Excess Deaths Linked to Vaccines, Contrary to Claims Online

April 17, 2023

COVID-19 vaccines substantially reduce the risk of dying from COVID-19, and serious side effects are very rare. Excess deaths among working-age adults in 2021 and 2022 were driven by COVID-19 and other factors, not vaccination. Faulty logic underlies claims that vaccines caused mass disability and economic harm.

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/04/scicheck-no-evidence-excess-deaths-linked-to-vaccines-contrary-to-claims-online/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

13 minutes ago, stoner said:

this is about the same as 1 year of pm2.5 deaths. 

That's true... And sadly, many of the deaths in both categories could have been prevented if governments and individuals had taken the known measures to prevent them.

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

i was specifically talking of Thailand..are you?
i was watching hysterical reports of people dropping like flies in Italy, 'look at Italy' was everyone mantra when arguing over covid in the beginning, well, it didn't reach there until after Thailand, so where were all Thailands dead? morgues in here were not full, hospitals were not full in the beginning. the Governments own stats only showed 92 deaths in the 1st year there was no real issues until the kits were here, then the panic started...... so prior to those kits nobody had covid or did people have covid but didn't even notice.

Again, it takes time to ramp up, then goes exponential and then goes down again. That's how every single epidemic goes. Of course Thailand didn't scramble to get testing kits right from the get go because they do this reactionary. First the cases go up, people notice things are getting serious, then the production of the kits needs to ramp up and then we have them. This should be utterly obvious. What are you suggesting, that people got sick due to testing kit availability? That would be ridicolous.

A friend of mine is a nurse here in Thailand. I remember it when she so stressed out due to many hours of overtime and handling all the Covid-19 cases and seeing a lot of people die. She was at her absolute limit.

2 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

A friend of mine is a nurse here in Thailand. I remember it when she so stressed out due to many hours of overtime and handling all the Covid-19 cases and seeing a lot of people die. She was at her absolute limit.

The graph below indicates that Thailand's COVID deaths tally peaked at more than 200 people PER DAY... They were having to set up temporary morgues because they couldn't handle all the bodies back in 2021.

Screenshot_8.jpg.38fc53a12002ca8cb1e619ae1f32d287.jpg

Source link:

As cases surge, Thai hospital uses containers to store bodies

July 31, 2021

BANGKOK, July 31 (Reuters) - A Thai hospital morgue overwhelmed by COVID-19 deaths has begun storing bodies in refrigerated containers, resorting to a measure it last took in a devastating 2004 tsunami, as the country grapples with its biggest coronavirus outbreak.

"What makes us feel extremely sad is that we were not able to help people who died because of lacking access to medical treatment," he added.

Hospitals in Bangkok and the surrounding provinces are running out of capacity due to the surge in infections.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Again, it takes time to ramp up, then goes exponential and then goes down again. That's how every single epidemic goes. Of course Thailand didn't scramble to get testing kits right from the get go because they do this reactionary. First the cases go up, people notice things are getting serious, then the production of the kits needs to ramp up and then we have them. This should be utterly obvious. What are you suggesting, that people got sick due to testing kit availability? That would be ridicolous.

a friends wife is too and she said the opposite. 

what i am saying is that covid was clearly here from the start, but the vast majority of people went about their daily business within what ever restrictions there were and there wasn't a great issue. IE covid was not as severe as we were being told it was.