Public anger boils over in protests in Phuket against Swiss man Mr Uli and private beaches

webfact

20 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Definitely commensurate to the abject crime that he has committed. We shall not forgive this genocide.

See the result now , his own ignorance & stupidity got him in the situation he is in now , he deserves it too , he must have thought he was Thai himself when he made the video except he spoke in English lol , he must have thought he owned the beach now get the f**k  out of here  back to Switzerland 

21 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Sigh. You haven't watched the video have you? Yet you have formed an opinion that she made it "to be on the internet". So tell me how she put a camera in the Swiss guy's hand from 50 metres away, then how she persuaded him to hold it as he walked up to her, kick her, and shouted aggressively?  She must be really persuasive - anything for 17 seconds of fame right?

Try watching the video before you make up such utter nonsense. Why is it so hard for people here to actually look at evidence rather than just assume the Thai is at fault?

You are right, didnt see it before. First couldnt find but now I did find and saw.

Indeed I assumed and wrong, sorry.

Caught in the trap of responding before knowing all, which I normally do not, damn.

The doc wasnt making the movie, the Swiss did. He was proving his own situation.

Amazing he is doing that and even more amazing, it got on internet.

Why the Swiss would put it on internet? Probably had a sunstroke in the evening.

How can you be so dumb ? Well, also his reaction was over the top, bad attitude.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

You are right, didnt see it before. First couldnt find but now I did find and saw.

Indeed I assumed and wrong, sorry.

Caught in the trap of responding before knowing all, which I normally do not, damn.

The doc wasnt making the movie, the Swiss did. He was proving his own situation.

Amazing he is doing that and even more amazing, it got on internet.

Why the Swiss would put it on internet? Probably had a sunstroke in the evening.

How can you be so dumb ? Well, also his reaction was over the top, bad attitude.

No worries, big of you to come back and admit that, thanks. And I agree, what on earth was he thinking? Obviously so arrogant and confident in his "connections" he thought it would be an easy win. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If the Thai economy goes t!ts up in the future, they have ready-made scapegoats to do all the finger pointing at. I seem to remember a similar mob baying for blood a few years back when some hapless Thai put everybody has to die sometime on their FB feed.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

On 3/4/2024 at 8:06 AM, Excogitator said:

This swiss cretin has a history of bad behaviour bordering on the criminal. As long as no action is taken, this case will continue to affect Thai peoples' opinion of all expats in Thailand, good or bad. Jail, then deport for life.

Really, I have not seen that, just mention of flicking a finger at an ambulance driver. That was much of a nothing burger. This recent event is bad though and deserves reaction. 

Edited by jacko45k

Taxi driver yesterday started ranting in rapid fire Thai "blah blah blah Phuket blah blah blah farang blah blah blah Italy man..."

He kept holding up his cell phone with a video going, but I didn't understand.

I had no idea what he was on about until he mimed a kick then I got it.

I said "Farang mai dii krap" and that was enough, he started laughing.

He finally listened to his video and said "Swiss man, Swiss man, must go".

I agreed and that seemed to make him happy.

He was really offended by the guys actions.

Beach access. 

Is the coastline supposed to be freely accessible?

Not Phuket - we're in Chanthaburi, an area at the south end of the best beach area has recently been developed, I thought it was to be a public park as appeared to be part of a conservation area.

Wrong - it's to be a resort. Construction hasn't begun, but they've now fenced off the area, removed the coastal pathway and blocking access to a popular snorkeling and spearfishing area as well as to the adjacent conservation area.

"Private".