UPDATE: Swiss man’s visa revoked

webfact

Just now, Tropicalevo said:

What if she is the one paying the rent? (I very much doubt that it is 1 mil per month.)

I highly doubt it but that would certainly make more sense why he is with her if she does. And it is 1 mil per month for a one year lease https://www.fazwaz.com/property-rent/5-bedroom-villa-for-rent-at-the-cape-residences-in-pa-khlok-phuket-u1704270

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

Well Thais can't deport a Thai and no doubt they are more lenient on their own citizens who almost always get their sentences halved when they admit to the crime. But again, just behave, follow the laws and never forget you will always be just a guest/tourist in the country and you have nothing to worry about.

A guest lol, nobody owns the world 

So I'm a guest being here taking care of my children am I. 

I don't think you thinking brother

3 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Oh man,what is wrong with you?1000 Thai guys hit,burn,torture their girls on daily basis.They pay 500bt or nothing happens.Only because he is a farang he needs to feel the full arm of of the laws? Ridiculous 

He blocked an ambulance too; you think that is acceptable?

5 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Thais own Thailand. If you can be thrown out on a whim as was your worry, you are a guest. Simple as that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, spermwhale said:

Dummy. I just don't understand foreigners who have a bad attitude about living in Thailand and treat the locals with such disdain. 

And they do exist.

Two+ decades back there was a regular 'event' in the big supermarket in the basement under Robinsons Sukhumvit Bkk. I saw this event several times.

A big overweight loud EU man, I guess 50

+ years old would be walking, meat, fresh vegetables etc., and all other areas of the s'market, smoking a big smelly cigar. Staff / managers / foreign and Thai customers asking him to put out the cigar or leave the store, often with quite some abuse, mostly from the western customers. He always ignored their comments / requests.

Eventually he got to the cashier with his shopping, paid and then left. All the time with more abuse from locals and foreigners which he totally ignored.

Often he would then enter McDonalds, stiff smoking his cigar, order food wait for his food, still pumping cigar smoke over everybody.

His food would come then he would sit in MCDonalds and eat, still smoking his cigar.

Always lots of abuse and McDonalds mgr / supvr and customers asking him to leave. Most of the customer abuse was from westerners.

He ignored it all, finished his meal then left the store still pumping out lots of cigar smoke. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Thais own Thailand. If you can be thrown out on a whim as was your worry, you are a guest. Simple as that.

How do they own it, who they buy it off, do they have  2 copies of the paperwork saying they own the land? 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, RobU said:

Charity is big business throughout the world. Usually less than 50% of donations are actually used for the purpose of the charity. Charity executives are probably the best paid people in the world  compared to private companies of similar income. He is definitely taking money from the  Elephant charity to fund his lifestyle, unfortunately it's quite legal. There are professional charity fundraisers who sell their services to charities and receive 50% or more of the funds they raise, again this is quite legal. <snip>

Agree with this part of your post.

In addition, I have big doubts about  those elephant rehab centers where tourists are allowed in to bath and interact with the elephants. On top of that, on Phuket land is a really expensive commodity. Anyone serious about animal rehab will not do things like that on Phuket.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

I was interested in reading about his Elephant Sanctuary and an initial search indicated that there are quite a few of them in the Phuket area.

The name of the one he "owns" is Green Elephant Sanctuary Park

Green Elephant Sanctuary Park

Here is a random review.. "Somehow, the Green Elephant Sanctuary Park got singled out as one of the most ethical elephant parks in Phuket. I think this is just a way for tourists to justify their “amazing experience” guilt-free. Sure, the elephants have it better here than with their previous abusive owners, and maybe even compared to some other Phuket elephant parks. However, the up-close interactivity that tourists love so much isn’t very ethical and is notably different from Phuket’s proper top ethical elephant park, the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary."

https://theperpetualsaturday.com/green-elephant-sanctuary-park-phuket/

4 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

He has shown that is a complete richardhead, but he also has money.

It will cost him to stay in the country, the media fuss will move on and things will go back to normal, just hope he is smart enough to learn from these incidents.

Wolfgang Ulrich had money.

Ullrich said he had invested more than one billion baht in Pattaya even though he had gone bankrupt. He said he was now building a ‘Condominium for Senior Citizens’ at a cost of 300 million baht. He said this project would provide jobs for many hundreds of Thai people. He said as this problem had come up, he would have to move his investments to another country.

--http://www.pattayamail.com/268/news.htm#hd1

Of which he was relieved of a considerable portion. Jailed, deported, leaving his yacht behind.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

So, the headline says:

UPDATE: Swiss man’s visa revoked

Well has he or hasn’t he ??

I don’t see anything in this thread confirming that statement.

Are AN jumping on the media frenzy bandwagon ?, or is there news on this story, I don’t see anything .

Yeah, we jumped the gun a bit. Greed, I guess.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Really don’t think he will be deported.

If I read correctly they wish to revoke his LTR visa, that is all. That is a financial penalty or threat invoking a brown envelope. He can't return as a retiree as he is not old enough. So...

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

note to self: stop flipping the bird to morons in cars when I'm out on the bicycle. 

If you flip the bird at a Thai, you may end up with a bullet in your head. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

What are you then? Whatever your status is it can be revoked, you have a Thai passport?

2 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

The thought in my mind is:

Does the punishment fit the crime and is the response proportionate?

If so, fine, if not, everyone needs to be very very careful.

I'll keep that in mind before I go around kicking people................

• Haha 1

Can he be deported while court cases againt him are waiting?
I was thinking that his passport would be impounded until the court hearings to avoid him to leave the Kingdom.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roo860 said:

What are you then? Whatever your status is it can be revoked, you have a Thai passport?

You missing the point Rio, nobody owns the free world only those to claim its there

If I came round took your car because I claimed it's mine, is it mine, no

Keep it real and once you understand you will understand 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, pegman said:

I think it would be best if this guy spent say nine months in the Bangkok Hilton to learn some humility. Then deport his butt back to his homeland with a lifetime ban on returning

No, if the visa is revoked he will be deportet to Switzerland within Days!

Edited by ujayujay

4 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

You missing the point Rio, nobody owns the free world only those to claim its there

If I came round took your car because I claimed it's mine, is it mine, no

Keep it real and once you understand you will understand 

If you take Taksin's car you'll get shot in the head....and you'll be free

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I'll keep that in mind before I go around kicking people................

Ha, ha some aussie humour. 

Careful drinking that OP Bundy Rum mate, had a few buddies back home, turned them into wild animals. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST