UPDATE: Swiss man’s visa revoked

webfact

27 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Deport him! Too many people offering violence in countries that have been kind enough to let them stay and getting away with a slap on the wrist, sometimes not even that. If it were up to me, I'd give him a jail sentence and then deport him. Lefty solutions like holding a candlelit vigil outside his house, group singing "Cum Ba Yah", having a protest march or handing out leaflets would be water off a duck's back to thick skinned bolshy types like this guy.

well said

55 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

And yet the Phuket Express says he is. Link please where it says different. 

I haven't found the Phuket Express article that says that they are legally married. (Which is contrary to some Thai language TV reports and social media.) Could you post the link please? Thank you.

Edited by FarangRimPing

8 minutes ago, sathornlover said:

Swiss's partner provides the following information about their relationship status:

1. not married

2. no children together

3. a couple since 2010

Anyone looking for a crazy bird, she'll be available shortly. 

She's quite a catch, Bad attitude with loaded hand gun, apparently has friends in high places. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

The article doesn't mention how long he will be banned. Could he come back at some point? 

I think he has a Thai wife so maybe a three year ban

• Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pegman said:

I think it would be best if this guy spent say nine months in the Bangkok Hilton to learn some humility. Then deport his butt back to his homeland with a lifetime ban on returning

What a stupid comment.  

Let's throw every Farang who closes their temper into prison, then deport them.  

Better yet, if a Farang gets angry about something, lets round up everyone who's the same nationality and throw them all out.    Brits fighting in Pattaya... revoke all British visas.  Aussie bikers caught murdering someone, deport all Australians. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I am afraid he deserves no Sympathy  especially after the fowl language he displayed to a couple of young woman on the beach 

Let it be a lesson to others you are a guest here in Thailand behave like one 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dolf said:

Especially if he bought an elite visa

I think you can almost completely rule out the fact that he has the so-called “Elite Visa”. The conditions of this visa do not allow this type of business activity by the Swiss or any type of work

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, FarangRimPing said:

I haven't found the Phuket Express article that says that they are legally married. (Which is contrary to some Thai language TV reports and social media.) Could you post the link please? Thank you.

It's on the first page. update.

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

What about his wife? she said some nasty things, if you listen to it in Thai, sorry Im not repeating it here, 

She'll lay claim to his assets in Thailand and share them with her police buddies, claim the lies she brazenly told were mis-understandings. and be forgiven by her people and social netizens . Most probably !😁

• Thumbs Up 1

In the video I saw, Urs' shadow falls in front of him and he appears to be storming up to the two women with plenty of momentum. Then, after the "GTF Outta Here," the woman on the right seems almost launched from the steps. He put some force behind the kick. He's a brute. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Really don’t think he will be deported.

He has shown that is a complete richardhead, but he also has money.

It will cost him to stay in the country, the media fuss will move on and things will go back to normal, just hope he is smart enough to learn from these incidents.

It is really easy for anyone sensible to avoid situations like this.

Maybe it should be a lesson for a lot more expats in Thailand, and that includes a few members on this forum, who suffer from their own superiority complex issues, and show the same characteristics in their postings.

Bottom line is he has money, probably a lot more than many of the posters on here, doubt he will be going anywhere, money is king in Los, you only got to to look at past experiences of crims getting a slap on the wrist.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've lived here for over 20 years. 

I'm sure we have nothing to worry about. 

Good people should not be concerned, just behave, we'll be fine. 

It is a wake up call for the trouble makers out there. 

Thailand has too many foolish foreigners, could do with a clean out. 

True they need to get rid of those working illegally, the hard drug sellers on Sukhumvit, we all know who they are, the beg packers and those with no money in the bank who use agents for fraudulent extensions.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

I have 2 children and 1 that I'm the sole custodian, does that mean I do anything wrong they can throw me out of the country with a possible ban for small stuff? 

Yes. Kicking and swearing at people for no reason in a country you are a guest in is not small stuff though. Just don't do anything wrong like 99% of the foreigners here and you have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

note to self: stop flipping the bird to morons in cars when I'm out on the bicycle. 

Not a smart thing to do here or anywhere really. Many unhinged people who will run you over or shoot you just for doing that. Is that satisfaction for flipping off a moron worth that not unlikely possibility? That's for you to decide.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yes. Kicking and swearing at people for no reason in a country you are a guest in is not small stuff though. Just don't do anything wrong like 99% of the foreigners here and you have nothing to worry about

Like I said his actions were wrong the bigger picture is vulnerability, we all mess up now again and yes pay the consiquences but it's a bit extreme. 

The Thai guy who kicked the crap out of a couple of pensioners and knocked the lady out in Hua Hin got a 500 baht fine and had to say sorry 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

It's on the first page. update.

Thank you. It is now clear that it was in error, as evidenced directly from statements of his female 'partner' and other sources in Thai Media.

• Agree 1

So, prior to a court hearing ........... the police requests the immigration (which is a part of the police)?

How interesting all this is; as mentioned earlier on, this case was blown completely out of proportions and while the Swiss will sort things out for himself and get on with his life (I assume so, at least), the collateral damage, hatred, xenophobia if not outright racism against the "dirty farang" will hit Phuket much harder. Yet, the local boys had their 15 minutes of fame, everyone gets a slice of the remaining cake and the loser, once more again ......... is Thailand. 

Let him face the bench, punish him according to the stipulations the Thai law but, for heaven's sake, get the story out of the media as the reputational damage is immense already .........

The European media countered with the repetition of the following; just in case anyone is interested about the flip side (not knowing, how many sides THIS particular coin has and will have in the future):
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/society/boredom-in-switzerland-leads-to-an-elephant-refuge-in-thailand/47207918 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's a warning to all those shady farang out there

There have always been shady farangs out here, with this case the locals got behind the doctor and caused a stir that the media lapped up, I've not seen that before.

Also doctor is a revered profession in LOS, they are looked up to.

So Dave, what goes around, comes around, remember that ambulance ruckus, well, it's payback time..........🤗

2 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

if I could afford a million baht a month villa rental, my partner would certainly not look like her.

What if she is the one paying the rent? (I very much doubt that it is 1 mil per month.)

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Like I said his actions were wrong the bigger picture is vulnerability, we all mess up now again and yes pay the consiquences but it's a bit extreme. 

The Thai guy who kicked the crap out of a couple of pensioners and knocked the lady out in Hua Hin got a 500 baht fine and had to say sorry 

Well Thais can't deport a Thai and no doubt they are more lenient on their own citizens who almost always get their sentences halved when they admit to the crime. But again, just behave, follow the laws and never forget you will always be just a guest/tourist in the country and you have nothing to worry about.