UPDATE: Swiss man’s visa revoked

webfact

2 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

If her ATM is kicked out, she is up 💩  creek without a paddle

sucks to be her.... But then she would be better off not being with such a violent man.

7 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Can he be deported while court cases againt him are waiting?
I was thinking that his passport would be impounded until the court hearings to avoid him to leave the Kingdom.

No court involved, if the immigration authority revokes a visa, there is no possibility of revocation!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

What if she is the one paying the rent? (I very much doubt that it is 1 mil per month.)

Could be paid for from Donations to HIS foundation, ...

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

This man, being smug and full of himself, forgot where he is and that he's a guest in this country that

doesn't tolerate such, 'I'm better than you' type of behaviour towards the locals,

Maybe that will teach him a lesson where ever he will thing to go and retire next...

I will make an assumption here…. This Swiss guy is so arrogant. He has come to believe he is untouchable because of his wealth and connections. This behavior by the Swiss man is nothing new to him, I would say he’s been like that most of his life. I think if a discrete survey was done, you would find that he treats everyone with contempt.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If I read correctly they wish to revoke his LTR visa, that is all. That is a financial penalty or threat invoking a brown envelope. He can't return as a retiree as he is not old enough. So...

The threat to revoke is just a way to increase the amount he will pay.

Is it corruption, yes and no. Self inflicted problems, but now seems there is a bit of a history and he has enough money to make himself a bit untouchable.

I guess in a few weeks this problem will just disappear, and he will carry on as normal, that is the SE Asian way.

Just now, Georgealbert said:

Thank you.

Very interesting and supports what I said, it will all blow over in a few weeks, and everything back to the same same, different day.

Duh. Contradicts what you said. It didn't blow over. Ullrich was probably richer than this Swiss, too, and very well connected. Threatened the police, offered bribes (some of which may have been taken, who knows), spouted a lot of hot air, and all the usual antics. Deported and blacklisted. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Polaky said:

Bottom line is he has money, probably a lot more than many of the posters on here, doubt he will be going anywhere, money is king in Los, you only got to to look at past experiences of crims getting a slap on the wrist.

It is not just Thailand, but money rules in most of SE Asia, it just depends if you can afford it.

Many others have bought their way out of serious crimes and once the viral media coverage moves on, things will return to normal, that is what will happen here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Duh. Contradicts what you said. It didn't blow over. Ullrich was probably richer than this Swiss, too, and very well connected. Threatened the police, offered bribes (some of which may have been taken, who knows), spouted a lot of hot air, and all the usual antics. Deported and blacklisted. 

Yes sorry I completely miss read your link.

Have deleted my comment, saves me looking anymore stupid.

But thank you for the link, interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stoner said:

how progressive.

Exactly, many on here would like to see 'an eye for an eye' which is a very dangerous situation to have ( especially for weak old farangy types ).

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I wonder how he treats is Elephants ,if the way he treats people is anything to go by,

The Elephant sanctuary , he only owns 1 Elephant the rest are brought in from Surin ,

would not call it a sanctuary

regards worgeordie   

Someone who knows him said his wife is in cahoots with mahouts who hire out their elephants to her. Gullible tourists pay 2500 Baht to swim with the animals. Must be a lucrative gig.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Lacrimas said:

one thing is for sure, this country is becoming crazy and I won't make big investments anymore. 

Are you a lady kicker then..................😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

one thing is for sure, this country is becoming crazy and I won't make big investments anymore. 

Sizzler will be devastated 

• Haha 2

I've been reading in Thai forums, the Thais aren't mincing their words for this man and his wife. They are calling the wife an idiot and other names too graphic to type here haha. Many are also blaming their government and police for being corrupt, that's why many of his likes are thriving in Phuket. They made a hashtag #Getoutfarang(in Thai), which you can see under YT comments in Thai news as well. But I agree with others that deporting him quick gives no or less justice. If not jail, some form of community service that he can't imagine he'll do in his life ever, something like that.

27 minutes ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

They made a hashtag #Getoutfarang(in Thai)

This is how it starts. 

16 minutes ago, flexomike said:

He blocked an ambulance too; you think that is acceptable?

He did not block an ambulance, he allegedly cut in front of the ambulance. The ambulance did not have its sirens on and wasn't on an urgent mission. He did give the finger to the ambulance driver, for which he has already apologised for at the Police station. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Spermwhale Whalen said:

Someone who knows him said his wife is in cahoots with mahouts who hire out their elephants to her. Gullible tourists pay 2500 Baht to swim with the animals. Must be a lucrative gig.

It probably is and the welfare of the elephants is taken care of as a result. 

Let's hope the elephants don't suffer as a result of all this. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You miss the point entirely.

He certainly deserves punishment, if he is found guilty. Kicking a woman is not acceptable, ever.

However, revoking his visa before a court has decided his guilt or innocence is not following due process and the rule of law. 

It is mob rule, arbitrary and a very dangerous precedent for all expats.

You are looking at Thai folk complaining about a guest farangy, them showing their disdain, so forget about calling them a mob, that just shows your disdain of the Thai populace showing their anger.

I have not commented on visa issues, that is for the RTP to decide, it is their country, don't forget that, guest...............🤗

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

All of you fools delighting in the fate of this man are too blind to see that this is how witch hunts begin. Its great he is being charged, but it is getting out of hand.  

under the mob mentality, this kind of thing snowballs.  Before you know it there will be an increase in assaults against foreigners in Phuket as people become more thin-skinned and "stand up for themselves" against insults and grievances, real or perceived.

Edited by n00dle
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2