UN finds evidence of rape on Oct. 7 and after; Israel: They tried to downplay issue

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hamas is a government. They are also freedom fighters. They are not terrorists. 

Freedom fighters don’t brutally rape burn, behead , massacre, send missiles to citizens and kidnap babies/ civilians. A freedom fighter fights the enemy combatants. Hamas and many of the Palestinians that joined them on 7th Oct are not freedom fighters ; these are monsters. They don’t even care about the land or accept a two state solution. They just want Jewish blood and to wipe Israel off the map.

Now stop the lies and provide the evidence via credible link to the below false claims of yours, it is NOT detailed in the report as you claim. Spreading misinformation on this is a vile and disgusting act not least of which being against forum rules. The visit to to the occupied West Bank is detailed on page 20 paragraph IV. You have a lot of explaining to do to cover the misinformation below.

I do not lie. Here it is.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/03/1147217

Allegations implicating Israeli security forces, settlers

The team also visited Ramallah in the Occupied Palestinian Territory to hear the views and concerns of officials and civil society representatives since 7 October which allegedly implicate Israeli security forces and settlers.

Ms. Patten heard concerns raised over cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment of Palestinians in detention, including sexual violence in the form of invasive searches, threats of rape and prolonged forced nudity.

The information gathered will complement that already gathered by other UN officials on allegations of conflict-related sexual violence inside Gaza, for potential inclusion in the Secretary-General’s annual report on the issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/22/claims-of-israeli-sexual-assault-of-palestinian-women-are-credible-un-panel-says

UN experts say they have seen “credible allegations” that Palestinian women and girls have been subjected to sexual assaults, including rape, while in Israeli detention, and are calling for a full investigation.

The panel of experts said there was evidence of a least two cases of rape, alongside other cases of sexual humiliation and threats of rape. Reem Alsalem, the UN special rapporteur on violence against women and girls, said the true extent of sexual violence could be significantly higher.

“We might not know for a long time what the actual number of victims are,” said Alsalem, who was appointed special rapporteur by the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in 2021.

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

The source is clearly in the post. NBC news

You missed that it was off topic and not to drag me into derailing this with your off topic posts

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I found it, and I replied to it earlier. Look above.

No you have not, you need to provide evidence of these false claims, you cant because they are lies:

"It also notes that there is actual evidence of Israelis raping and sexually abusing Palestinians. They were able to speak to real people who claimed Israeli soldiers abused, beat, starved, humiliated and raped them. This is first hand evidence, and detailed in the report.... but no mention of Arabs getting raped in this thread. Why? Bias. "

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

UN experts say they have seen “credible allegations” that Palestinian women and girls have been subjected to sexual assaults, including rape, while in Israeli detention, and are calling for a full investigation.

The panel of experts said there was evidence of a least two cases of rape, alongside other cases of sexual humiliation and threats of rape. Reem Alsalem, the UN special rapporteur on violence against women and girls, said the true extent of sexual violence could be significantly higher.

“We might not know for a long time what the actual number of victims are,” said Alsalem, who was appointed special rapporteur by the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in 2021.

Reem Alsalem is a Jordanian /Egyptian who was criticised for not speaking out about the sexual violence by Palestinians on October 7 th as she "couldn't make sweeping statements without evidence"

When She was asked to provide evidence of her claims that the IDF raped Palestinians and the source of that info , she just cited unsubstantiated reports by that well know anti Israeli Richard Falk and the IDF denied the reports .

No evidence has been provided to show the IDF raped any woman , seems like its untrue

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, retarius said:

They should never have been given the Palestinian land in the first place. If the US and UK wanted a homeland for the Jews then they should have offered land.

The land was U.K land at the time, it was under British rule 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Hamas attempted genocide on Oct 7 th and they committed war crimes , a few months later its Israel who committed war crimes and tried genocide .

Hamas committed rape on October 7 th............................a few months later its Israel who raped 

I agree with this. Both have committed war crimes, and both have likely committed abuse of hostages, civilians, and prisoners. 

8 minutes ago, retarius said:

They should never have been given the Palestinian land in the first place. If the US and UK wanted a homeland for the Jews then they should have offered land.

I agree with your general point, but the UK did offer up the land. It was under their control then. 

9 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I agree with this. Both have committed war crimes, and both have likely committed abuse of hostages, civilians, and prisoners. 

You wasn't agreeing with what I said .

Please didn't say that you are agreeing with me and then state you are agreeing with something that I didn't say .

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No you have not, you need to provide evidence of these false claims, you cant because they are lies:

"It also notes that there is actual evidence of Israelis raping and sexually abusing Palestinians. They were able to speak to real people who claimed Israeli soldiers abused, beat, starved, humiliated and raped them. This is first hand evidence, and detailed in the report.... but no mention of Arabs getting raped in this thread. Why? Bias. "

Yes, I did. Go back and look.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Yes, I did. Go back and look.

Lying again. 

From the report re IDF against Palestinian women;  "no instances of rape were reported"

Edited by Bkk Brian

17 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I agree with your general point, but the UK did offer up the land. It was under their control then. 

Land that they had previously said was for the administration of the local people. They also made deals with the Arabs that the land would be returned to them for their self determination. They lied, and gave it to the Zionist movement instead.

• Agree 2

Just now, Brickleberry said:

EXACTLY! You can't displace almost a million indigenous people out of their homes and lands to make way for white Europeans. White European nations caused this white European Jewish problem, and they attempted to solve it by taking away the rights of non-white people - Arabs.

Yes you can :, Australia ,   USA and New Zealand and Canada all did it 

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You wasn't agreeing with what I said .

Please didn't say that you are agreeing with me and then state you are agreeing with something that I didn't say .

Okay, I agree with that...at least some of it... :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes you can :, Australia ,   USA and New Zealand and Canada all did it 

Yes, but that doesn't make it right. Why don't you seem to understand that? 

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Land that they had previously said was for the administration of the local people. They also made deals with the Arabs that the land would be returned to them for their self determination. They lied, and gave it to the Zionist movement instead.

The Palestinians sided with the Nazis in WW2 , they were on the other side of the war to the U.K

Had the Palastians decided to be on the U.K;s side of the war and fought against the Nazis , the UK may have viewed their cause more favourable .

The Palestians were on the Nazis side in WW2

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The Palestinians sided with the Nazis in WW2 , they were on the other side of the war to the U.K

Had the Palastians decided to be on the U.K;s side of the war and fought against the Nazis , the UK may have viewed their cause more favourable .

The Palestians were on the Nazis side in WW2

No, they didn't. Arabs fought alongside the British against the Nazis. In return, they were promised their lands. The Grand Mufti wanted Arabs to fight with the Nazis, but they wouldn't do it. They fought against the Nazis.

This is a very well documented fact.
https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/when-palestinian-arabs-and-jews-fought-the-nazis-side-by-side-593052

Jerusalem Grand Mufti Haj Amin al-Husseini’s infamous ties with Nazi Germany and fascist Italy are well-documented, as are as his efforts to block Jewish refugees from reaching British Mandatory Palestine during the Second World War.

Less known, however, is the story of the thousands of Palestinian Arabs who disregarded the mufti’s pro-Axis policies and instead opted to fight against Adolf Hitler’s henchmen.

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Lets right all the wrongs then .

All Caucasians go back to Europe , including you 

Let's start by doing things right now. Are you suggesting we just keep on making the same mistakes and devastating actions over and over again and then just say it's okay because it was done in the past? That's the "He hit me first!" excuse I've posted about before. And all that's needed here, IMO, is a two-state solution. 

(And, by the way, I'm living in Thailand now...)

Edited by WDSmart

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

I do not lie. Here it is.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/03/1147217

Yes you lied, here is the report screenshot, where in that does it say.........

"It also notes that there is actual evidence of Israelis raping and sexually abusing Palestinians. They were able to speak to real people who claimed Israeli soldiers abused, beat, starved, humiliated and raped them. This is first hand evidence, and detailed in the report.... but no mention of Arabs getting raped in this thread. Why? Bias. "

image.png.cd4594de868713e002216daa254c10f8.png

https://www.un.org/sexualviolenceinconflict/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/report/mission-report-official-visit-of-the-office-of-the-srsg-svc-to-israel-and-the-occupied-west-bank-29-january-14-february-2024/20240304-Israel-oWB-CRSV-report.pdf

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

No, they didn't. Arabs fought alongside the British against the Nazis. In return, they were promised their lands. The Grand Mufti wanted Arabs to fight with the Nazis, but they wouldn't do it. They fought against the Nazis.

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/when-palestinian-arabs-and-jews-fought-the-nazis-side-by-side-593052

8 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Going way off topic 

UN finds evidence of rape on Oct. 7 and after; Israel: They tried to downplay issue

11 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Let's start by doing things right now. Are you suggesting we just keep on making the same mistakes and devastating actions over and over again and then just say it's okay because it was done in the past? That's the "He hit me first!" excuse I've posted about before. And all that's needed here, IMO, is a two-state solution. 

(And, by the way, I'm living in Thailand now...)

You are a White guy living on other peoples land ?

You are a serial living on other peoples land guy , you lived on American Indians land and now you are living on Thai land whilst at the same time telling Jews not to live on land where they have been living for over 3000 years . 

Quite funny really 

As far as I'm aware,the Oct 7th atrocities were the worst massacre of Jews since Hitler's regime,it seems to me that as Hamas have decided that all Jews must die they are in the same bracket as Hitlers lot. Those who are defending Hamas should ask themselves how they would feel if their children had been at that music festival on Oct. 7th and had been raped and mutilated.

Having said that 'two wrongs do not make a right' BUT that needs give and take on both sides and at the moment it's not likely to happen.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

The topic is: 

There are plenty of other topics where other discussion is welcome including the general discussion topic here:

The Israel and Hamas War (pt3) Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1321758-israel-is-at-war-general-discussion-pt3

• Thanks 1

Multiple off topic posts and replies have been removed, please always READ the topic title which is always shown at the top of the page, in this case the topic is:

Further off topic posts in any of these Israel at war topics will be removed without notification and you could get a suspension for off topic trolling so be warned and stay on topic

10. You will not post troll messages. Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing forum members by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other members into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.