Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"Israel has the right to defend, not for revenge".

Who said that? I've read the read out transcript cant see that anywhere

look again. The quote is in the video.

Your comment seems to show that you believe revenge is an appropriate response.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I said I read the read out by Blinken, he did not say it so who did? This is a discussion forum not youtube bookmarks. If you've seen the vid you should know.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I said I read the read out by Blinken, he did not say it so who did? This is a discussion forum not youtube bookmarks. If you've seen the vid you should know.

a person in the video said it. Try watching videos before attempting to call me out for lying about their content.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ozimoron said:

a person ion the video said it. Try watching videos before attempting to call me out for lying.

Can you tell me where I said you were lying? I asked who said that, it was not Blinken. You felt it was a very important statement as you put it as the title, who said this, simple question for you. No I have no intention of watching the video, I have all I need from the US gov press release on it.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

a person in the video said it. Try watching videos before attempting to call me out for lying about their content.

The way it was presented in the post strongly implied that Blinken said it, so as he didn't, that was a  sleazy move.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

His comment "seems" to show nothing of the kind. More sleazy games.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Can you tell me where I said you were lying? I asked who said that, it was not Blinken. You felt it was a very important statement as you put it as the title, who said this, simple question for you. No I have no intention of watching the video, I have all I need from the US gov press release on it.

"Who said that? I've read the read out transcript cant see that anywhere "

You said transcript. It's reasonable to mean transcript of the video, you didn't specify. Nonetheless you called m on the quote.

Again, you you believe revenge is an appropriate response? Try some meaningful discussion instead of constant attacks.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The way it was presented in the post strongly implied that Blinken said it, so as he didn't, that was a  sleazy move.

Nope, it strongly suggest I quoted form the video I posted., I didn't not reference Blinken in any way in my comment.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

His comment "seems" to show nothing of the kind. More sleazy games.

How about you answer the same question. Is revenge an appropriate response? That's what my comment was all about.

• Agree 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

"Who said that? I've read the read out transcript cant see that anywhere "

You said transcript. It's reasonable to mean transcript of the video, you didn't specify. Nonetheless you called m on the quote.

Again, you you believe revenge is an appropriate response? Try some meaningful discussion instead of constant attacks.

Meaning full discussion would be you stating who made that quote when asked rather than misleading people that is was Blinken

• Sad 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Meaning full discussion would be you stating who made that quote when asked rather than misleading people that is was Blinken

The comment stands on it's own merits even if Mickey Mouse said it. The comment was accurately quoted form the video. Deal with it.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

The comment stands on it's own merits even if Mickey Mouse said it. The comment was accurately quoted form the video. Deal with it.

Its up to you to say who by, its not up to me to be forced to watch a 20 minute video on a discussion forum to see who your quote came from.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It seems that neither you or Brian have the courage of your convictions to state where you stand on that sentiment. You only want to attack it. I'll draw the only possible inference I can from that.

Or you could just say who said it rather than deflect. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Watch the video and enlighten yourself. Why comment on a link you didn't watch?

Have you watched it, if so stop being inflammatory, why are you keeping it a secret. It's supposed to be a debate not a game of charades!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

You made the quote fella. Naughty naughty

Where was I required to state who said it? It's in the link.  I didn't care who said it. I cared only about the sentiment expressed. You're running away from the sentiment and doing whatever you can to discredit me for quoting it. Pretty telling.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Have you watched it, if so stop being inflammatory, why are you keeping it a secret. It's supposed to be a debate not a game of charades!

Of course I watched it. How else could I quote from it? Sheesh.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Where was I required to state who said it? It's in the link.  I didn't care who said it. I cared only about the sentiment expressed. You're running away from the sentiment and doing whatever you can to discredit me for quoting it. Pretty telling.

You are discrediting yourself, no help from me needed

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not sure where from you got the idea that Israel want to occupy Gaza, a link to that claim would be helpful,

The world, This world, has a problem with Jews, and for centuries, every possible attempt was done to eliminate 

the Jewish people, starting from the pharaohs of Egypt all the way to modern times and I'm not going to list

here the countries, empires, nations and powers that tried and almost succeeded,

Hundreds of millions around the world hate Jews, ask them why and you'll get a nonsensical reply,

most of them never met a Jew in their lives of can point on the map where Israel or Gaza is,

they hate because this is what the world did and still do,

Back to Gaza, Israel will go all the way to destroy those who aim to destroy it, and the hell with anyone

who has pity on terrorists, rapist and murderess...

Links about Israeli settlers wanting to occupy Gaza have been posted here.

I do understand that there are many who hate Jews, for what reason, I didn't know. I had some Jewish friends growing up, and I spent some time with them and their families. There were Jews in my college, and some were friends. I never really gave much thought to what was happening in Israel and only in the past year or so began seeing and reading reports on what was going on there. Even then, I just assumed it was a dispute between two rivals who wanted control of the same land, but I never thought it would end up like this.

After seeing and reading what has happened over the past six months and reading in more detail about what has been happening over the past 75 years, and now seeing the vile, bitter, and insulting comments from the pro-(censored)s on this forum who are fixated on supporting the killing or driving all Palestinians out of what used to be their land, if these posters are anything like regular Israelis, I can understand why there are "hundreds of millions around the world" who hate Jews.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Promoting Jew hatred. Jew haters always have an excuse.

I was not "promoting" Jew hatred. Just as I have never "promoted" or "justified" the Oct 7 attack, nor will I ever "promote" or "justify" the retaliatory, revengeful, indiscriminate bombing of Gaza.

What I have done and will continue to do is try to provide a balanced view of these subjects and "explain" from the different perspectives on why these things occur.

And I am not a "Jew hater," nor am I an "Arab hater." 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1