Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you're being a little more honest now.

There is no current policy to have Gaza be Arab free (as Hamas policy IS a Jew free Gaza).

A number of senior Israeli government officials, specifically cabinet members,  have stated that the civilian population should be relocated out of Gaza. I don't know why you keep denying that.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I am not lying, I say it as I see it. Why would such hatred be allowed on state TV? I really am bamboozled. 

I understand your feelings of persecution/paranoia, really, I do. But I disagree with not being able to say anything against Israel as what they are doing is terrible. 

I am not attached in any to Israelis/Jews/Gazans/Muslims, Apart from saying a Jewish prayer in the morning and listening to a podcast by Omid Safi. I am a peaceful dude somewhere between Mahayana Buddism and Hinduism. Mahayana Buddhism has lots of similarities to Judaism.  

What I say here has nothing to do with Jews, it just happens that most Israelis are Jews. 

I don't know the answers but want to hear the truth, so watch Al Jazeera, CNN, Sky new. They are all biased. 

What a disgusting ad hominem attack. 

First please leave your vile condescending dime store pop psychological analysis to yourself. Also I never said its not OK to be critical of Israeli government policies. I'm very critical myself especially of Netanyahu.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

A number of senior Israeli government officials have stated that the civilian population should be relocated out of Gaza. I don't know why you keep denying that.

Government officials say a lot of things. That doesn't mean it is actual policy. You have clearly said the intention is to make Gaza Arab free permanently. It's obvious that is almost definitely not going to happen.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Government officials say a lot of things. That doesn't mean it is actual policy. You have clearly said the intention is to make Gaza Arab free permanently. It's obvious that is almost definitely not going to happen.

If cabinet members say it that's official policy. Cabinet members don't go around saying things are are the antithesis of government policy.

The Israeli government ordered people to leave northern Gaza. Why wouldn't they do the same for Rafah? That's forced displacement aka ethnic cleansing.

You admit that they will do it "temporarily". That doesn't make it not ethnic cleansing. Point to a single statement by any Israeli cabinet member that claims Gazans will be permitted to return. Your protestation that it's just temporary is nothing more than a propaganda talking point.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If cabinet members say it that's official policy. Cabinet members don't go around saying things are are the antithesis of government policy.

The Israeli government ordered people to leave northern Gaza. Why wouldn't they do the same for Rafah? That's forced displacement aka ethnic cleansing.

You admit that they will do it "temporarily". That doesn't make it not ethnic cleansing. Point to a single statement by any Israeli cabinet member that claims Gazans will be permitted to return. Your protestation that it's just temporary is nothing more than a propaganda talking point.

You're speculating only.

Your assertion that Gaza will be Arab free is incredibly unlikely.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That's your opinion only. Israel did order civilians to leave northern Gaza, we know that for a fact. We can also assume that they will not level Rafah while the civilians are there. Israel can't attack Rafah with that density of civilians in situ. That would be slaughter. The only rational conclusion is that they would order them to leave. Now, where is any statement by an Israeli official that civilians will be permitted to return to northern Gaza? We both know there is none.

Again your paranoid vision of all this ending with an Arab free Gaza is incredibly remote. Israel itself isn't even Arab free.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

https://www.jns.org/british-lawmakers-call-to-halt-arms-sales-to-israel/

More than 130 MPs and peers signed a letter urging an embargo.

UK are going to do the right thing. Bitterly others will follow. 

You'll be pleased to know they are mostly Scottish who signed a letter....:thumbsup: Lets not forget Jeremy Corbyn of course.

A total of 46 Labour MPs have backed the call and almost the entire SNP parliamentary party.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ireland will intervene in an International Court of Justice case filed by South Africa against Israel alleging genocide in Gaza, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Defence Micheál Martin said Wednesday.

“Analysis and consultation has now concluded. Ireland will be intervening,” Martin said. “I want to reiterate clearly what we witnessed on October 7 in Israel, and what we are currently seeing in Gaza, constitutes a blatant violation of international humanitarian law on a massive scale.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/ireland-intervene-on-behalf-south-africa-icj-case-against-israel/

• Thanks 2

A majority of Americans now disapprove of Israel’s war against Palestinian militant group Hamas in Gaza, with support dropping from 50 percent in November to 36 percent this month, according to a new poll.

But approval of Israel’s war is divided along party lines, with 64 percent of Republicans supporting the military action in Gaza, compared to just 18 percent of Democrats.

Among independents, support for Israel’s military action in Gaza dropped from 47 percent to 29 percent in the same time frame.

https://thehill.com/newsletters/defense-national-security/4560596-disapproval-of-israel-hamas-war-growing-in-us/

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

What a disgusting ad hominem attack. 

First please leave your vile condescending dime store pop psychological analysis to yourself. Also I never said its not OK to be critical of Israeli government policies. I'm very critical myself especially of Netanyahu.

Attack on whom? 

There was absolutely no attack in my post. 

• Agree 1

Posts using the phrases 'sub human' and 'Nazi' have been removed, also replies, here is the forum rule about this derogatory wording which is not to be used in these topics under any circumstances:

15. You will not discriminate or post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality,

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Since the 18th March when the IDF returned to Shifa hospital, Hamas and the terrorist groups have conducted nearly 70 attacks targeting Israeli forces in and around the hospital. The IDF reported on March 27 that Israeli forces discovered a “significant” tunnel network in al Amal neighborhood in western Khan Younis.

The IDF published on March 27 footage of an airstrike targeting a Palestinian fighter, who was surveilling Israeli forces in Hamad neighborhood

Full updates here https://www.criticalthreats.org/analysis/iran-update-march-27-2024

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

A majority of Americans now disapprove of Israel’s war against Palestinian militant group Hamas in Gaza, with support dropping from 50 percent in November to 36 percent this month, according to a new poll.

But approval of Israel’s war is divided along party lines, with 64 percent of Republicans supporting the military action in Gaza, compared to just 18 percent of Democrats.

Among independents, support for Israel’s military action in Gaza dropped from 47 percent to 29 percent in the same time frame.

https://thehill.com/newsletters/defense-national-security/4560596-disapproval-of-israel-hamas-war-growing-in-us/

Not according to the new Havard Poll published last week.

63% MOST VOTERS WOULD ONLY SUPPORT A CEASEFIRE AFTER HAMAS RELEASES ALL HOSTAGES AND IS REMOVED FROM POWER

79% A STRONG MAJORITY OF VOTERS SUPPORT ISRAEL IN THE CONFLICT

66% TWO-THIRDS FEEL ISRAEL IS TRYING TO MINIMIZE CASUALTIES

https://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/HHP_Mar2024_KeyResults.pdf

image.png.0dddf226e4bef7e3acf16dea1c246945.png

• Thanks 1

State department official’s resignation highlights rifts over US Gaza policy

#Annelle Sheline says ‘I no longer wanted to be affiliated with this administration,’ claiming Biden is flouting US law over Israel

Biden administration’s Gaza strategy panned as ‘mess’ amid clashing goals

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/27/state-department-resignation-gaza-biden-policy

14 hours ago, ozimoron said:

You know what's more barbaric than killing 1,200 civilians in a terror attack? Killing 20,000 civilians by indiscriminate bombing and starving millions of others, in fact 100% of the population.

Oh look, clearly claiming the IDF is more barbaric than the Hamas terrorists. Missing out some facts there ozimoron. Lots of them to come out with that twisted opinion. What do you think is wrong about that?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

State department official’s resignation highlights rifts over US Gaza policy

#Annelle Sheline says ‘I no longer wanted to be affiliated with this administration,’ claiming Biden is flouting US law over Israel

Biden administration’s Gaza strategy panned as ‘mess’ amid clashing goals

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/27/state-department-resignation-gaza-biden-policy

Good for her. Seems Biden is in for a whole lot of pain if more of his staff leave for the same reason.

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Anyone know how many Israelis have been displaced during this 'war'?

Also, how many of Israel's buildings have been destroyed? 

I don't know how many, but some up in the north by Hezbollah rockets. Apparently they had to evacuate all the occupants and they are living in hotels further south at great expense to the israeli government.

Well fed  Palestinians get 26 tonnes of humanitarian aid given to them by Span yesterday , dropped out the sky

https://www.timesofisrael.com/spain-drops-26-tons-of-aid-in-gaza-as-air-delivery-method-faces-growing-concerns/

{Other Western countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, France and Germany, have also resorted to air drops to deliver aid "

Yemen and Sudan should have got some of that , as they need it more

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Well fed  Palestinians get 26 tonnes of humanitarian aid given to them by Span yesterday , dropped out the sky

https://www.timesofisrael.com/spain-drops-26-tons-of-aid-in-gaza-as-air-delivery-method-faces-growing-concerns/

{Other Western countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, France and Germany, have also resorted to air drops to deliver aid "

Well fed? A couple of excerpts from that article below.

With only a trickle of aid getting into the starving north, foreign governments have turned to airdrops as “a way to show that they’re doing something,” said Shira Efron of the Israel Policy Forum. The problem is that “airdrops are as inefficient as they are dangerous,” according to a source from an international NGO working in Gaza who asked to remain anonymous.

[...]

Tragically, on Monday, people drowned as they tried to get the crates landing in the water, witnesses saying some of the dead were children.

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There's more food trucks going into Gaza now than before Oct 7th. 

https://govextra.gov.il/cogat/humanitarian-efforts/home/

• Thumbs Up 1