Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

4 hours ago, still kicking said:

One hope that this might be a turning point for western countries. It's one thing when mere Palestinians are killed, hardly worth a yawn from our leaders, but when it's our own citizens being killed in a deliberate way it's a different matter. Questions may be asked in Parliament, news organisations may feel inclined to ask the questions they would not otherwise ask, it might even get on the MSM.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Hamas preferring to see the war go on. Deluded terrorists

Hamas sticking to ceasefire conditions including Israeli Gaza pullout

CAIRO (Reuters) -Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh said on Wednesday that his Palestinian Islamist movement at war with Israel was sticking to its conditions for a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip, including an Israeli military withdrawal.

Israeli officials visited Egypt earlier this week in a renewed effort to secure a deal, but a Palestinian official close to mediation efforts said there had been no sign of a breakthrough.

"We are committed to our demands: the permanent ceasefire, comprehensive and complete withdrawal of the enemy out of the Gaza Strip, the return of all displaced people to their homes, allowing all aid needed for our people in Gaza, rebuilding the Strip, lifting the blockade and achieving an honourable prisoner exchange deal," Haniyeh said in a televised speech marking Al-Quds (Jerusalem) Day.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hamas-chief-says-movement-sticking-142746579.html

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

One hope that this might be a turning point for western countries. It's one thing when mere Palestinians are killed, hardly worth a yawn from our leaders, but when it's our own citizens being killed in a deliberate way it's a different matter. Questions may be asked in Parliament, news organisations may feel inclined to ask the questions they would not otherwise ask, it might even get on the MSM.

I agree. It SHOULD be a turning point.

It should make idealistic idiots stay the hell OUT of a war zone. And be willing to face danger if they choose to enter one. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

It should make idealistic idiots stay the hell OUT of a war zone. And be willing to face danger if they choose to enter one. 

Like journalists, aid companies, observers as civilians is free targets? No consequences? Thats true terrorism you seeking. 

Un have to take control of the area, cant continue as it do now! 

Edited by Hummin
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Like journalists, aid companies, observers as civilians is free targets? No consequences? Thats true terrorism you seeking. 

Un have to take control of the area, cant continue as it do now! 

Nice straw man you have there. Shame if something were to happen to it....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Meaning you are putting words in my mouth, and arguing against something I did not say.

Maybe the why you expressed yourself, was the reason.

There are a few war mongers on this forum, who defend anything Israel do. So excuse me if I was wrong. 

Just now, Hummin said:

Maybe the why you expressed yourself, was the reason.

There are a few war mongers on this forum, who defend anything Israel do. So excuse me if I was wrong. 

There are far more terrorist appeasers if you care to play that game!

• Agree 1

Just now, Wobblybob said:

There are far more terrorist appeasers if you care to play that game!

That make you to a straw man in every reply, 

"Meaning you are putting words in my mouth, and arguing against something I did not say"

I

• Haha 1

Just now, Hummin said:

That make you to a straw man in every reply, 

"Meaning you are putting words in my mouth, and arguing against something I did not say"

I

I think you have quoted the wrong poster but it be difficult to tell with you and your daily rants.😂😂😂

Just now, Wobblybob said:

I think you have quoted the wrong poster but it be difficult to tell with you and your daily rants.😂😂😂

Im not here daily, and the 3 of you guys who are, spewing Israel propaganda almost 24/7, I start wondering if you guys are paid for doing so

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I wish!

Well, you still do not understand criticism of Israel, doesnt make one automatic defending hamas actions. There you have a long way to go, as well understand humanity and lack of humanity creating what we finely experience in a war, as well propaganda works both ways. 

Anyway, lost case

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Well, you still do not understand criticism of Israel, doesnt make one automatic defending hamas actions. There you have a long way to go, as well understand humanity and lack of humanity creating what we finely experience in a war, as well propaganda works both ways. 

Anyway, lost case

And people stating the reason that so many people are losing their lives is the fault of Hamas, and only Hamas!

• Agree 1

Former supreme court judges say UK arming Israel breaches international law
Exclusive: More than 600 prominent lawyers sign letter that calls for end to exports as a ‘measure to prevent’ genocide.

Three former supreme court justices, including the court’s former president Lady Hale, are among more than 600 lawyers, academics and retired senior judges warning that the UK government is breaching international law by continuing to arm Israel.

In a letter to the prime minister, the signatories, who also include former court of appeal judges and more than 60 KCs, say that the present situation in Gaza is “catastrophic” and that given the international court of justice (ICJ) finding that there is a plausible risk of genocide being committed, the UK is legally obliged to act to prevent it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/03/former-supreme-court-judges-say-uk-arming-israel-breaches-international-law?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Former supreme court judges say UK arming Israel breaches international law
Exclusive: More than 600 prominent lawyers sign letter that calls for end to exports as a ‘measure to prevent’ genocide.

Three former supreme court justices, including the court’s former president Lady Hale, are among more than 600 lawyers, academics and retired senior judges warning that the UK government is breaching international law by continuing to arm Israel.

In a letter to the prime minister, the signatories, who also include former court of appeal judges and more than 60 KCs, say that the present situation in Gaza is “catastrophic” and that given the international court of justice (ICJ) finding that there is a plausible risk of genocide being committed, the UK is legally obliged to act to prevent it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/03/former-supreme-court-judges-say-uk-arming-israel-breaches-international-law?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Interesting.

Could you point me to the concurrent article where the same prominent scholars declare that Iran arming Hamas also breaches international law?  I'll be waiting.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just released yesterday. A hostage's nightmare story after being dragged away kicking and screaming by 10 Hamas terrorists into Gaza. Her bravery was astounding. It did not stop her getting sexaully abused by the terrorists though. Only a couple of mins on this video but even that is not easy to watch.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Interesting.

Could you point me to the concurrent article where the same prominent scholars declare that Iran arming Hamas also breaches international law?  I'll be waiting.

Don't hold your breathe, if you want a post about Iran arming Hamas breaching international law, go find it yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

So you don't want unbiased news?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Two more journalists were killed by Israeli forces in the Gaza Strip, taking the death toll to 140 since October 

https://www.palestinechronicle.com/israel-kills-two-more-journalists-in-gaza-calls-for-international-action/

The problem you have there is that Hamas has told so many lies and staged so many staged amateur dramatic productions that nobody believes them anymore, just the usual suspects and I even doubt that they believe it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/03/former-supreme-court-judges-say-uk-arming-israel-breaches-international-law

49 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

That's funny.   Unbiased news died with the advent of the infobahn.

Strange, so you think IDF should be allowed to kill any journalist reporting thr true, ie not what your people say? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1