Cat has serious flu...worth saving?

On 3/7/2024 at 8:42 AM, VinnieK said:

A visit to a vet would be the obvious step but I'm looking at a 1000 with multiple visits/injections

How much is your love for that pet wort to you ?  1000 baht? ( $28 usd)

Over my lifetime I've spent a lot of money on pet(cats) health.

Sometimes it worked out, sometimes not.

Would I do it again, Hell Yes.

My cats have always been like children to me, and ฿1000, $30 small price to pay

• Like 1

To me, once you have a pet, that loves and depends on you, you have a moral duty to take care of it yo the best of your ability and do whatever is necessary to give them the best life possible, keep them safe, and the best care possible. Avoid suffering, but never look on cost as a limitation to care. 

• Like 1

What can be called "Cat Flu" is a common name for Feline Immunovirus, which is an infectious viral disease among cats (and dogs).  It is generally fatal and highly infectious.  it is spread by the saliva or faeces of an infected animal, and since, in  a warm country like Thailand, the virus can survive outside the animals body, it can spread quickly through a population.  There is no cure for the disease.  It can be prevented by annual vaccinations, given by your vet, which are virtually 100% effective.  It is common in Thailand because many owners do not have their pets vaccinated.  In say UK or US most pets are vaccinated annually, so there is no population of vulnerable animals to keep the disease alive.  Vaccine takes 1 week to become effective, so it is too late to do once the disease strikes.  

Search the net for more information, or see your local vet for which vaccinations your pet will need., starting at 3 months.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1