Drug mule busted with 30 kg of cannabis at Manchester Airport

webfact

one can probably buy cheap brick weed in Thailand for around 2 baht a gram maybe less in such quantities,  It could fetch the equivalent of 250 baht / gram in the UK ( have seen it for sale at £150 / ounce      Not a bad mark up if he had got away with it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobbin said:

Just checked.. You joined here 4 months after me. Yet you have 20,000+ posts while I have 3000.. Just can't keep yourself to yourself I guess..

what a strange comment,  but not surprising given your condoning of previous similar stories.

what on earth has that got to do with a drug dealer getting caught ........

never mind ... i don't want a reply.

30kg he was on the limit of his luggage weight allowance, 1 more gram and his potential profits would have been decimated by the excess baggage charges

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Defending Arif, Hugh Barton disclosed that a charity boxing match had spiralled into online disputes, leading to Arif’s coerced involvement in the drug smuggling operation.

Can anybody help me out here?  How on earth does an online dispute about charity boxing  lead to this ?  Its a pretty surreal excuse  is he connected to the LSD case by any chance

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

No. Unless Manchester has moved.

Drug mule busted with 30 kg of cannabis at Manchester Airport

I was answering some poster about the Chinese guy with the heroin.

2 hours ago, roo860 said:
  5 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Don't the Chinese have the death penalty for drug smuggling?

He was caught in Thailand wasn't he?

Edited by roo860

The cheap weed was more than likely destined for the stash boxes of vulnerable, white , underage, council estate girls, as part of his gangs grooming operations.   Drugs were often given free  by the pakistani perpareators to help ingratiate themselves with their prospective victims.

If that failed to do the trick they would up the odds and ply them with "white lightening" cider or "Buckfast" a potentially lethal cocktail including fortified wine and caffeine, prepared by monks and beloved by Scottish people 

In the event that the more stubborn lasses still refused succumb to temptation they would go all out and offer them free kebab meat and chips and diet coke 

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Who in their right mind would think smuggling 30kg of cannabis in their suitcase would go unnoticed?!

Seems it went unnoticed in Swampy.. 

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

30kg he was on the limit of his luggage weight allowance, 1 more gram and his potential profits would have been decimated by the excess baggage charges

Biz Class maybe?

20 hours ago, roo860 said:

He'll serve 7 months in the nick? The Chinese guy trying to smuggle the heroin into Aus will serve a little bit longer 😁

If it was a Thai, he'd get a 4 year sentence then return to a post in the Thai Cabinet.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its legal in Thailand 

Unprescribed drugs are prohibited from being transported on every plane.

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2024 at 12:46 PM, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I thought cannabis was legal in Thailand? Or did you  mean Singapore?

He would have been arrested for smuggling out out of Thailand but in Singapore he would have been hanged.

Where did he hide the 50Kgs? In his cheeks? Seriously what a likely tale....I'm sure the judge had a good laugh before sending him down for a few weeks. 

On 3/7/2024 at 3:46 AM, webfact said:

Little did he know, he would return with a suitcase packed not with souvenirs but with illegal cargo.

Yeah right! That's a new one, never heard that before.

On 3/7/2024 at 3:46 AM, webfact said:

Judge John Potter remarked that Arif’s financial gain from the crime was meagre.

Have you been smoking some of the evidence your honour?

On 3/8/2024 at 5:49 PM, retarius said:

Where did he hide the 50Kgs? In his cheeks? Seriously what a likely tale....I'm sure the judge had a good laugh before sending him down for a few weeks. 

The OP said it was 30kg and in his suitcase.  Are you dyslexic?