Govt questions ranking of Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang in ‘Worst Airport’ list by UK publisher

webfact

Thailand "Not us! We are perfect, we excel in everything, we respect foreigners opinions and do nothing wrong!" 

Sorry, but that's how it appears often!

Real men with self-esteem just don't care about the words of others, the rankings of others, and tiny things like this. However, undevelopment men, with stunted emotional growth, will be hurt and offended by the tiniest little trifle. 

Also many psychologists would argue that being so defensive about such small things is a sign of serious psychological defects. 

Edited by spidermike007

2 hours ago, superal said:

I suppose they are trying to catch the over stayers ? Immigration on arrival , yes but departures ? I don't recall other airports having departure immigration , do you ?

The airline at check in should notice overstayers and not issue a boarding pass, the only airport I have left some ten years ago was Heathrow and no immigration on leaving way back then.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Many of the UK airports including where I fly from/to Manchester, don't even require you to take liquids out of your hand baggage anymore.

Just leave everything in your bags.

The UK government set a deadline of June 2024 for airports to introduce 3D scanner technology, that would end the need to remove liquids and laptops during pre-flight security checks.

Heathrow and Gatwick still do not have them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

However, Chai questioned the ranking by Business Financing on X and whether the UK publisher was universally recognized by the aviation industry in evaluating the airports’ quality.

amazing they never question the ranking/ratings when they make Thailand look better....best place for expats?= Thailand, best clean beaches in Asia?= Thailand, safer country?=Thailand, etc.... that's never questionable, facing reality and truth hurts a lot 555

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Snig27 said:

Add to that ancient cumbersome security machinery and processing procedures. Most airports don't ask you to remove shoes and belts anymore, and many don't want computers taken out. Instead of fiddling about buying useless submarines maybe the money would be better spent on security at the airport.

They replaced all of the baggage scanning equipment last year.

2 hours ago, superal said:

I don't recall other airports having departure immigration , do you ?

The vast majority of countries in the world have exit immigration - the US and the UK are rare exceptions.

• Thanks 1

Probably well deserved

It's a dangerous place passengers lose their legs due to dangerous badly maintained machinery. Poor or zero maintenance is a very typical Thai trait. Having said that I found all the staff very helpful and accommodating 

15 minutes ago, RobU said:

Probably well deserved

It's a dangerous place passengers lose their legs due to dangerous badly maintained machinery. Poor or zero maintenance is a very typical Thai trait. Having said that I found all the staff very helpful and accommodating 

yeah that was pretty disgusting lack of maintenance .. the mentality of “why fix something that isn’t broken “ syndrome isn’t good at all,  

• Like 2

With Thailand following China into the abyss. Swampy in 10 years will be a disaster.

"Eastern rise Western decline" what a joke that part of the world is.

These dictator countries all follow the same game plan. And all die in the same manner.

Edited by Gknrd

3 hours ago, flyingfox1 said:

yeah that was pretty disgusting lack of maintenance .. the mentality of “why fix something that isn’t broken “ syndrome isn’t good at all,  

Exactly, Thai mentality on preventative maintenance is a joke. 

17 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Perfect answer, this survey would have been forgotten in a week, but by the government questioning how valid it is, just brings in back into the spotlight and can only bring more bad PR.

give us the facts supporting your hypothesis 

4 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The UK government set a deadline of June 2024 for airports to introduce 3D scanner technology, that would end the need to remove liquids and laptops during pre-flight security checks.

does yours have one

"Govt questions ranking of Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang in ‘Worst Airport’ list by UK publisher"

Well they would wouldn't they? Hardly likely to say "Thank you very much"!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Manchester does have them because we were part of the testing programme ( looking to see if it was working correctly and ironing out any wrinkles) during the rollout on February 5th 2024, security also informed me that it was now in use in London as well.

So, it's more than likely, that they have them now as Heathrow is a far bigger hub for the UK airport industry than Manchester.

4 hours ago, vangrop said:

does yours have one

They were in use in Manchester when we returned to Thailand on February 5th 2024.

I quizzed them about it being a bit of a novelty not having to go through all the liquid-in-a-bag nonsense. We have had it now for so long.

Security informed me they had just been rolled out in London as well, to be closely followed by the rest of the country.

8 hours ago, flyingfox1 said:

anyone flown into manchester uk ? 

it’s a sht hole , the worst by far of any country i’ve flown into 😂 

I don't agree with that at all.

I find it a good airport to fly from.  It is modern, we went through procedures very quickly on our return to Thailand.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Immigration going out is completely unnecessary.  

They want the cash cow called overstay money.

It hasn't happened on my last couple of trips but I find Don Muang and DOHA in Qatar a pain in the backside when we have to take buses instead of going alongside and using the air bridges.

These two airports were especially bad for this. I try always now when flying to or from Doha to get the A380 as they always park up at the terminal.

15 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Maybe but not having to queue at immigration when leaving, is a far better way than Thailand.

Check in, get boarding card, pass security, go to gate, boarding card scanned, and board your plane. 

I have found they make up for it with arrivals, and then some. No gate on arrival being a good example. Long immigration queues that have no priority lanes. And my passport never scans!

14 hours ago, BritScot said:

Really! Internal airports are not that bad in the uk until strikes occur, then they are Hell. However, you do get support and compensation unlike !!!

What are internal airports? Are there ones that are external?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

They were in use in Manchester when we returned to Thailand on February 5th 2024.

I quizzed them about it being a bit of a novelty not having to go through all the liquid-in-a-bag nonsense. We have had it now for so long.

Security informed me they had just been rolled out in London as well, to be closely followed by the rest of the country.

Heathrow has some, but are still trying to install the new machines to all security lanes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68326068#

7 hours ago, vangrop said:

give us the facts supporting your hypothesis 

So your don’t like my opinion, good as I don’t care.

Maybe post your opinion, rather than just nonsense about my hypothesis..

Govt questions ranking of Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang in ‘Worst Airport’ list by UK publisher.

Of course they would, They don't like to be Told that they are not thenbest.

They don't like to be criticized.

Why not let it be .