Swiss national opts for jail after assaulting Thai woman in mall

webfact

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Don’t think they used this mechanism for the Boss case. Wonder why not?

There was no warrant issued for Vorayuth when he left and he had previously been permitted to exit Thailand for business and had returned.   That's why.

16 hours ago, MarcelV said:

Yeah. Truly disgusting to beat up your own wife like this. And now she even wants to bail him out. What's wrong with these people?

The <deleted> is wrong with you, are your eyes painted on ?

Pains me to see so many of you TV members defending a wife-beater.

Thailand would be much better off without a lot of you expats.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

where is your proof he beat up his wife ?

• Like 2

Wow! After going through most of these comments.

It makes me wonder why Thailand and other countries allow expats into there countries.

Most are very immature and ridiculous remarks.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

This guy must be a complete idiot ,would rather stay in jail ,than to be

bailed out by his ex wife , ....must fancy a little holiday ,with free board.

regards worgeordie

Maybe he’s afraid to be outside ? I would be too in his place.  No need for excuses here, what he has done is terrible . He must be a very violent man who is out of control.  A prison sentence and then deportation is deserved. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Modern Coding said:

Has he caused much bigger troubles back home, so that he prefers to stay in Thai jail??

Maybe he has never seen inside a Thai Jail, thinks it's like a Swiss jail

7 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

Way too many scumbags are still living here! A mix a toxic, mentally ill and depressed guys. 

Don’t know why Thailand attracts that special kind of human being, but that’s it. 

Happy to live my normal life here with decent western friends and avoiding trouble-makers.

I share your point of view.  Just walking Sukhumvit these days plenty of unseemly falang types.  Enough to make you shudder yourself and also wonder how Thais put up with dealing with them. 

3 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Very good point... I like your train of thought.  👍

Yup, I'm a devious lateral thinker. Edward DeBono would be proud of me

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

Way too many scumbags are still living here! A mix a toxic, mentally ill and depressed guys. 

Don’t know why Thailand attracts that special kind of human being, but that’s it. 

Happy to live my normal life here with decent western friends and avoiding trouble-makers.

Agree. Way too many scumbags living in Thailand. 
300 lb. scumbag attacks older, smaller not to mention lady because they accidentally bump into each other at BigC and she asks him to be polite. 
And the majority of comments are selfish concerns about “visas”.

No empathy at all for the badly beaten Woman. 
I hope they throw the book at him. 
cancel his visa. Lock him up for a long time. Make him pay for anny annd anll medical bills attached to her injuries. And when they release him, kick him out of the country & blacklist him.

He’s a damn animal.

10 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

This whole case is very strange,Something is being held back and not being said yet

Yes I agree & do wonder what is going on

FIRST OFF....I will say nothing justifies a man beating a lady for any reason period

BUT....what I cannot understand about this case is it was in a mall yet police say no CCTV coverage was possible but they have many bystanders that witnessed it & testified

This being Thailand if there were many bystanders who testified then there are many phone videos of this altercation.. we know this is a fact in Thailand & most of today's world.

Lastly I have lived in Thailand long enough to know there is no way in H#LL Thai people would stand by & watch a falang beating on an older Thai woman...No way period. ....Even Thai girls would have been on him kicking the crap out of him

So either that story about witnesses watching is false or for some reason those watching had a reason? for not jumping in??

But I agree with you there is something missing from this story/event

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah ok.

Iam on my second work permit (issued 2019) with the first issued in 2006.

Neither times was a syphilis test required.

Surprise! Sometimes in Thailand things aren't consistent.  You should know that if you have been here since 2006.  Some immigration offices need form a,b,c some want a,b,d,g,,

Same with labour offices and requirements for medcheck for work permit.  In Khon Kaen they tested for syph in Nan they did not.   In Ubon they tested for Yabba in Chiang Mai they did not.   Some Labour offices put your home address in the book some do not.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MarcelV said:

try reading the story correctly,  and then decipher what he did ........  he did not beat up his wife.

• Thumbs Up 2

Another one... soon the media will keep pushing this narrative and we "farangs" will be stereotype for a few bad apples (if this isn't already happening).

You mean we're not already?

The woman that was assaulted although unlucky for it to happen at all was lucky it took place in a public area.The guy sounds like he completely lost it and I doubt he would have stopped until too late 

1 hour ago, marcusb said:

Surprise! Sometimes in Thailand things aren't consistent.  You should know that if you have been here since 2006.  Some immigration offices need form a,b,c some want a,b,d,g,,

Same with labour offices and requirements for medcheck for work permit.  In Khon Kaen they tested for syph in Nan they did not.   In Ubon they tested for Yabba in Chiang Mai they did not.   Some Labour offices put your home address in the book some do not.  

Yeah interesting.

I wonder if the work classification drives the requirement for the tests ?

I know many expats in a field similar to mine and none have mentioned the need for tests.

Be nice if they would put an address in my work permit.. would save me the hassle of having to get residency certs.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Happy happy said:

Yes, another one...but what is wrong with some of these people?

It's just going to make it worse for we other foreigners living here in Thailand.

I suspect that their tendency towards thuggish acts may have got them into trouble back in their own countries, and they have come to live here in the expectation that they will find it easier to act as thugs.

In this case they have come unstuck.

That they are both Swiss is probably coincidence.

2 hours ago, Lopburikid said:

So you know everything that goes on in my life? I HIGHLY DOUT IT! You Fool!

Never met you buddy. Maybe calm done a bit.

"disobedience towards officials due to his lack of cooperation."

That is a very interesting charge, that I was unaware of ? No right to remain silent in Thailand ?

• Like 1

“Anutin further raised the question of revoking Straumann’s visa, reported Bangkok Post.

In related news, the Immigration Bureau revoked the visa of a Swiss man involved in assaulting a female Thai doctor in Phuket. He faced legal action and public backlash, leading to visa cancellation.”

———-

So Anutin wants his visa revoked and the very next sentence it says IO already did so. Hmmm…

• Confused 1