Australian man under investigation for road rage incident near Bangkok (video)

webfact

52 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

sure, why not (there’s already a Facebook page dedicated that - bad driving Thailand)..

Does you video show any Thai spitting at and hitting someone else car, throwing thing at them & threatening a lone female ? 

There are a lot of videos showing Thai drivers slamming on the brakes, and coming out if the car with a machete.

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

The sooner these nutters are deported and word gets around, the better.

I don't believe that the government are allowed to deport Thai Nationals, despite having very good reasons to do so.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Aussie has been hanging out with too many Swiss guys. 

Is he an Aussie, looks dark, aboriginal 🤔

Wearing some bling, all plastic I bet. 

🇦🇺

😂

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

He could be an Indian. 

He has a good Aussie name

He could be Indian or Middle East descent 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yikes. I've just read the comments. Most of you support or sympathize with the Ozzie nut job. 

Best you get it through your head that we are held to a different standard than Thai. Ya gotta deal with it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grubman said:

I see that he has a good old Australian name "Ratukore Jones Agamom"  

And with all the Bling on his hands I'm surprised he's not dragging his knuckles on the ground   

Did you think all were named John Smith after their grandfather who carried a rifle and visited brothels while colonising the land?😂

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

🇦🇺

😂

Not Aboriginal, with that name I'd say ex Kiwi

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I thought it was a an on slim down MR T from the A Team. But after hearing the accent its deffenitly not MrT but an Aussie that looks that he needs  a wash  and buys his jewellery in charity shops.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A Thai woman filed a complaint against an Australian man, accusing him of intentionally causing an accident and damaging her car at Bearing Intersection in Samut Prakarn province near Bangkok on March 3.

The Thai driver, Angkana, reported to DailyNews that the incident took place when she was driving her sedan to her home in Samrong Nuea district of Samut Prakarn province. The foreign man, later identified as 41 year old Ratukore Jones Agamom, rode his motorcycle close to her car and knocked on her car window asking her to pull over.

Angkana stated that she continued driving, causing Agamom to raise his middle finger at her and drive away from the scene.

Angkana did not know the motive behind Agamom’s actions. She speculated that she may have unintentionally cut him off or angered him while driving. She believed the incident would end there but it took an unexpected turn.

Angkana encountered Agamom once again as she approached the Bearing Intersection, preparing to make a left turn. Agamom, positioned ahead of her, abruptly applied the brakes on his motorcycle, despite no vehicle obstructing his path, resulting in Angkana’s car colliding with his motorcycle.

Angkana subsequently shared a video of the incident with the public. In the footage, Agamom can be observed dismounting his motorbike and striking her car with his fist. He attempted to force open her car door, hurled a registration plate at Angkana’s vehicle, spat on it, and delivered kicks before the video concluded.

Angkana lodged a report at Samrong Nuea Police Station, alleging that Agamom had deliberately applied the brakes on his motorcycle to provoke an accident. Nevertheless, the police declined to acknowledge her account, citing the absence of dash camera footage as substantiating evidence.

Discrimination against Thai

Angkana showed the video from her phone, displaying Agamom’s aggressive behaviour but the officer remained unconvinced. The officer asked Angkana to stop arguing and pay compensation to the Australian man.

Angkana insisted that she would not allow the case to end there. She actively pursued CCTV footage from the area and submitted it to the officer as evidence, demonstrating that the accident was a consequence of Agamom’s deliberate actions. Despite this, the police officer refused to view the video.

Angkana claimed that she had to pay 6,000 baht to Agamom and the foreign man agreed to pay 11,000 baht for the damage to her car. Feeling that this was unjust, she shared the video with several news agencies, drawing attention to her case.

The superintendent of the Samrong Nuea Police Station, Wiroj Tatso, came forward to apologise to Angkana yesterday, March 10. He assured her that he would transfer her case to another police officer and promised to ensure justice for her.

Another victim surfaces

Another Thai man came forward to share another aggressive action by the same Australian man that occurred at the beginning of January this year. The man explained that he drove his car out of a condominium in the Sukhumvit neighbourhood of Bangkok and encountered Agamom playing on a skateboard in the middle of the road.

The man sounded his horn to alert Agamom to clear the road, provoking him and leading to damage to his car. The Thai victim asserted possession of dash cam footage as evidence and complained to Samrong Nuea Police Station. However, there have been no advancements in the case until the foreign man repeated his actions.

Samrong Nuea Police Station has not disclosed whether they have reviewed evidence from both victims, leaving the charges Agamom might face uncertain.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ อีซ้อขยี้ข่าว

Source: The Thaiger 2024-03-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

They say he is 'Australian'.. is he secretly a 'Swiss' guy?  Afterall he was threatening a Thai lady...  must be Swiss!

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems the video is from a camera which is installed in the car.

What does it show before the motorcycle rider gets upset?

Probably there is a reason why she didn't publish that part of the video.

Wrong.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Angkana showed the video from her phone, displaying Agamom’s aggressive behaviour but the officer remained unconvinced. The officer asked Angkana to stop arguing and pay compensation to the Australian man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

🇦🇺

😂

With a name like Ratukore Jones Agamom I doubt he's aboriginal.

43 minutes ago, Thonburi-tales said:

Hes not Australian. Hes got at Aussie accent but hes just one of these nasty immigrants who Canberra dishes out passports to.

What on earth is he doing here?  Hes crazy.

He would get bashed in Sydney or Melbourne behaving like that. Shot in America for sure.

Thais will start retaliating soon.

With that strong Aussie accent I'd think he was born there. 

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The fact that she has no idea tells you all you need to know.

Not really, if she has no idea what triggered his reaction then either she’s an oblivious & poor driver (as you imply), or, there was nothing & the Aussie has extremely thin skin. 

Perhaps she was driving as everyone does here & the Aussie expected an ‘Australian standard of driving’ & took objection to her not giving way or not giving enough space etc.

It does appear as though there was an earlier trigger point, though with all the can footage I’m wondering why earlier buildup footage is not available?

Does it tell a different story & show why the Aussie got so annoyed… ???

(maybe that’s why it’s missing ???) 

still no excuse for the Aussie’s violent behavior, but perhaps an explanation of the trigger. 

15 minutes ago, Jack Hammer said:

He has a good Aussie name

He could be Indian or Middle East descent 

Its normal...  look at any new most western countries these days..  most have a bad accent for starters....  80% or more of news feature these upstanding people...

I dont care what passport they have (managed to get) they are what they are... france seems to be suffering the most..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1