Australian man under investigation for road rage incident near Bangkok (video)

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Angkana claimed that she had to pay 6,000 baht to Agamom and the foreign man agreed to pay 11,000 baht for the damage to her car. Feeling that this was unjust, she shared the video with several news agencies, drawing attention to her case.

The superintendent of the Samrong Nuea Police Station, Wiroj Tatso, came forward to apologise to Angkana yesterday, March 10. He assured her that he would transfer her case to another police officer and promised to ensure justice for her.

Justice... Thailand.. plzzzzzzz

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Watch the video that shows him deliberately swerving into her lane, directly in front of her, and then slamming on his brakes with no traffic or obstruction in front of him!

and how does that change the road rules? or how is this any different to daily thai driving?

Bad manner? indeed, and yet still her fault and all she can say is what what what and then dumb enough tp claim she did not hit him while recording her own video of hitting the bike

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Seeall said:

so what... 

its the culture background, family, parents and hang with sames....  people who logicaly follow the rules.. ohh passport from mars, born on mars, his goverment mars = he is martian and thus will behave that way... = silly

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Aussie has been hanging out with too many Swiss guys. 

Is he an Aussie, looks dark, aboriginal 🤔

Wearing some bling, all plastic I bet. 

🇦🇺

😂

I'd like to know she recognised him as an Aussie.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

sure, why not (there’s already a Facebook page dedicated that - bad driving Thailand)..

Does you video show any Thai spitting at and hitting someone else car, throwing thing at them & threatening a lone female ? 

Your last paragraph is opening a can of words... just how long have you been in Thailand, your comment would indicate... not long, or you're blind.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Seeall said:

its the culture background, family, parents and hang with sames....  people who logicaly follow the rules.. ohh passport from mars, born on mars, his goverment mars = he is martian and thus will behave that way... = silly

let me give you little history lesson on background and family since you such a proud Australian.

Despite basic false history you were taught that Australia began with political refugees, it did not.

Australia began with peasant soldiers who were brought over to colonize the land. To keep peasants happy, hookers were also brough over.

So your true beginnings is a peasant father and an army hooker mother.

Edited by BestB
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, arick said:

Good for him next time she might think twice before hiding behind her tinted windows . 

Good for her, next time he will think twice about stopping dead in front of a car that he's just deliberately swerved in front of.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, kwaussie said:

How do they know Australian, not Aussie name and doesnt look Australian, also real Aussie wouldnt have that crap bling Lol.

Could be Aust.-Lebanese/Arab/Iranian/Arab/Indian

Or Aust.-UK

Edited by findlay13

46 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

With that strong Aussie accent I'd think he was born there. 

He could be Afghan and Australian for five generations...

And I am well versed in ..

Edited by Ben Zioner

32 minutes ago, Tailwagsdog said:

With a name like Ruatoke its a fair bet he is a Maori New Zealander that pretends he is Australian .... check his passport

passports mean nothing these days...  crap everywhere..

3 hours ago, n00dle said:

Welcome to the new post-swissgate Thailand, where shaming the farang on social media is your civic duty -- not that this guy doesn't deserve it. What a common thug.

One can only hope the worst foreign offenders clean up their act, but it is a disturbing trend.  

Most of us have been guilty of gesticulating or showing frustration when cut off or similarly endangered. I generally just give a thumbs up when something happens and I'm on the bicycle, but the finger used to be my go to,  back in the old country.   

Have a look at the numerous Thai TV channels which feature many driving incidents / accidents, o farang atall, only Thai folks.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BestB said:

let me give you little history lesson on background and family since you such a proud Australian.

Despite basic false history you were taught that Australia began with political refugees, it did not.

Australia began with peasant soldiers who were brought over to colonize the land. To keep peasants happy, hookers were also brough over.

So your true beginnings is a peasant father and an army hooker mother.

Proud Australian?  lol..  your funny,,,  give your lesson to those interested..

From his name & appearance, I doubt that this supposed 'Aussie' was born in Australia. Most likely, he's one of our more recent 'quality' imports, maybe from the Pacific islands area, who has picked up our lingo. Been a few neanderthals like this bloke in the evening news here lately, mostly for violence, with alcohol usually a factor. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems the video is from a camera which is installed in the car.

What does it show before the motorcycle rider gets upset?

Probably there is a reason why she didn't publish that part of the video.

I was thinking the same myself. My wife's dashcam records front and rear. Something she doesn't want people to see. Plus, the first officer classed it as 50/50. It's the trend now since the 2 incidents with the Swiss guys.

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What's he wearing on his head, are his ears cold? 

Or maybe some trendy head protection to match all that bling. 

IMG_20240311_125950.jpg

Another idiot

Edited by BE88
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

I was thinking the same myself. My wife's dashcam records front and rear. Something she doesn't want people to see. Plus, the first officer classed it as 50/50. It's the trend now since the 2 incidents with the Swiss guys.

As she was recording the thug at her side windows, I presumed it most likely she was using a phone not a dashcam.

Aussie, really?

Looks more Swiss to me and his name also.

Anyway, quality guy.  Though no doubt the lady's driving had something to do with his behaviour.  Thai's are most probably the worse drivers I've every come across.  Worse than Chinese were 20 years ago 🙃

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1