Australian man under investigation for road rage incident near Bangkok (video)

webfact

Thai's have always been among the worst drivers in S.E.A and that is saying something! BUT if you are going to get on the road with them you have to keep your head on a swivel and always be alert! Wifes car got bumped from the rear by another female driver and she did a runner (as usual) but wife caught up with her at a red light, standard excuse, didn't see you. the runners insurance took care of it. 

4 minutes ago, spectre324 said:

Thai's have always been among the worst drivers in S.E.A and that is saying something! BUT if you are going to get on the road with them you have to keep your head on a swivel and always be alert! Wifes car got bumped from the rear by another female driver and she did a runner (as usual) but wife caught up with her at a red light, standard excuse, didn't see you. the runners insurance took care of it. 

But she (the driver of the other car) still got away with attempting the 'hit and run'...      she should have also been charged with attempting to flee the scene of the accident.... 

I saw one bike swerve lanes and and knock another rider off...    the first bike then fled the scene without seeing if the other motorcyclist was ok. 

We stopped to help and when the BiB arrived I gave him the Dash-cam footage which showed everything (including the offending hit & runners licence plate etc)...   I hope the BiB located and charged that ayhole. 

Hit n run in Thailand is almost a social norm - its really high time this crime is punished correctly here. 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 10:58 AM, n00dle said:

Welcome to the new post-swissgate Thailand, where shaming the farang on social media is your civic duty -- not that this guy doesn't deserve it. What a common thug.

One can only hope the worst foreign offenders clean up their act, but it is a disturbing trend.  

Most of us have been guilty of gesticulating or showing frustration when cut off or similarly endangered. I generally just give a thumbs up when something happens and I'm on the bicycle, but the finger used to be my go to,  back in the old country.   

you stopit, he get run over by this monster and he cant be angry?  hear this monster, aray gray, like its his foult to get run over by this blind, non driver license 'woman '   . domass

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

he get run over and this women, hearing her is wrong.  police are right, she the bad one!!

stopit coments about his behavior , wait till you get run over by a car, happened to me a fuw times, ane car speed off and i chase, did i catch him im probely in jail for murder...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

you stopit, he get run over by this monster and he cant be angry?  hear this monster, aray gray, like its his foult to get run over by this blind, non driver license 'woman '   . domass

For most this is a no brainer, but you obviously have an different opinion 

On 3/11/2024 at 11:11 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems the video is from a camera which is installed in the car.

What does it show before the motorcycle rider gets upset?

Probably there is a reason why she didn't publish that part of the video.

She could only start using her phone after the accident had occurred!

On 3/11/2024 at 10:58 AM, n00dle said:

Welcome to the new post-swissgate Thailand, where shaming the farang on social media is your civic duty -- not that this guy doesn't deserve it. What a common thug.

One can only hope the worst foreign offenders clean up their act, but it is a disturbing trend.  

Most of us have been guilty of gesticulating or showing frustration when cut off or similarly endangered. I generally just give a thumbs up when something happens and I'm on the bicycle, but the finger used to be my go to,  back in the old country.   

Don't much care. Aliens here are certainly not as bad as the current crop of ILLEGAL ALIENS Americans must endure back in the States. I left my Sig-Sauer in America when I came here. It is coming out of storage the moment I open my door at home.

• Confused 1

On 3/11/2024 at 12:49 PM, Thonburi-tales said:

Hes not Australian. Hes got at Aussie accent but hes just one of these nasty immigrants who Canberra dishes out passports to.

What on earth is he doing here?  Hes crazy.

He would get bashed in Sydney or Melbourne behaving like that. Shot in America for sure.

Thais will start retaliating soon.

As an American who carries a Sig-Sauer while home...yes, he woulda got the power portable hole puncher treatment, should he try to enter the car through a window. 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, midasthailand said:

Well I can assure you that if I ever see this guy, I will give him a wide berth!! What an <deleted>!! Pretty sure he is not an Australian by birth!

like bigots, Australians are raised, not born

51 minutes ago, midasthailand said:

She could only start using her phone after the accident had occurred!

Maybe this should read: She only started her phone camera when she wanted it. Before that she used the phone for facebook and didn't pay much attention to the vehicles around her. 

34 minutes ago, jonbsails said:

Don't much care. Aliens here are certainly not as bad as the current crop of ILLEGAL ALIENS Americans must endure back in the States. I left my Sig-Sauer in America when I came here. It is coming out of storage the moment I open my door at home.

You and your sig sauer bore me.

Why wait? bugger off and be reunited now. 

• Agree 2

On 3/11/2024 at 11:11 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I thought it came from a telephone......

Dashcam footage is the way to go.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Who knows what the entire story is. Based on the fact something occurred a few minutes before the crash, he was wrong to cut in front of her and slammed on the brakes which seems likely. Also wrong to punch her car. Driving in Thailand is not driving in Germany and people have to accept there are a lot of really bad drivers on the road (foregin and Thai both ) in Thailand.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:12 AM, n00dle said:

Showing the middle finger is free speech, is it not?

Many years ago in my early days in Thailand, I used the middle finger (in Pattaya) to show my feelings about being deliberately cut off. The offending Thai drove on the wrong side of the road for nearly a kilometer to catch up with me. The risk he took to himself and other road users to catch up with me on my motorcycle was incredibly shocking. He caught up and stopped his car in the middle of an intersection. I was lucky enough to slip by him and disappear. 

I've never used it again, in nearly 20 years here. That was the first and last time.

I think the foreigner was lucky to meet a rather mild-mannered lady in this incident. It might have ended up badly for him had he met an aggressive Thai woman in Pattaya. I've seen the venom of some of them... and in most cases, there would have been some Thai guys (motorcycle taxi drivers, for example) coming to help. He deserved a thorough flogging.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2024 at 10:11 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

So you are defending this piece of sh**s hissy fit ? Does having a hissy fit help the situation ?

1 hour ago, Harsh Jones said:

So you are defending this piece of sh**s hissy fit ? Does having a hissy fit help the situation ?

Relax!

I asked about what happened?

Often people are upset for a reason. 

I don't know what happened, and I am not defending him. 

On 3/11/2024 at 12:02 PM, Rampant Rabbit said:

They know exactly what they are doing, thats the excuse shes  using

Seems like a way to make fame and fortune these days for the locals here. They are all so innocent, kind and smiling, but put them behind the wheel of a large vehicle that weighs an awful lot and their true character shows. Terrible drivers to begin with. Maybe add in a gun under the seat. Film it with a dash cam or mobile phone and do a little nudge or make any small provocation. Stick their car out a little bit into traffic at a corner, hesitate and see if the oncoming vehicle will slow down. It’s a big game for them. Get that reaction, record it, put it all over social media and get a lot of attention or a lot of money.

• Confused 1

On 3/12/2024 at 7:27 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

You are not dealing with rational or mature people here.

That'

On 3/11/2024 at 11:41 PM, josephbloggs said:

I haven't seen video of what sparked it initially, but there is video of him riding alongside her then swerving in front and braking hard.

There is also other footage of him in the same link throwing the middle finger whilst someone drives slowly past him when he is playing with his skateboard (yeah, an adult riding a skateboard) so he obviously has anger issues.

Maybe she cut him up, maybe she beeped at him, maybe she was initially at fault, we don't know. But seems this guy is a bit of a low life judging from his reactions, his ridiculous bling, the fact he is riding a big bike wearing headphones and no helmet, and he clearly has anger issues.

Looks maybe a Doctor or Pilot from Australia. ???