PM Srettha sets record for trips overseas

snoop1130

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Is there any chance he could spend 100% of his time outside Thailand?

Soon, after Yingluck is back in the fold and the Thaksin trio take over.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Questions have, however, been raised over the benefit to the country of his numerous foreign trips.

He is their fearless leader. Hence everything he does benefits Thailand. Even if it is only a holiday. He shows his fearlessness as a worldwide traveller. Sending the work his image so they know Thailand is so good. If I was the leader, I would travel as much as possible also. Especially if the country is paying for it and of course, I would take time out while travelling to meet with people in high positions. I sure would not be going to meet the poor or my countrymen that are abroad. So it all benefits the country. He may get lucky and some high-so in another country will offer him a sweet deal to bring their business to this country. 

How many other leaders of nations do what Thai leaders do? Going personally to do what others have been given a position to do or to speak in their behalf. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

he has travelled to 16 countries, spending a total of 52 days, or about 30% of his time, outside Thailand.

And the problems in Thailand only get worse.....

PM Given 139 Million Baht In Funding For World Tours In Fiscal 2024
By Thai Newsroom Reporters

image.jpeg

Thai Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin held talks with French President Emmanuel Macron in Paris Monday, March 11, 2024.  Photo: Thai Rath

THE GLOBETROTTING PRIME MINISTER Srettha Thavisin has been given a sum of 139 million baht in government funding at his disposal with which he may travel the world over for the current fiscal year, according to a government official.

The 139 million baht in funding was primarily earmarked for planned expenditure of the Pheu Thai-backed prime minister’s official trips overseas throughout fiscal 2024 for reported purposes of propagating and promoting Thailand’s potentials in international trade, investment and tourism.

Of that total, an estimated 68 million baht in funding for the real estate mogul-turned-prime minister’s official world tours has been contributed by the Board of Investment, an agency attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, said the official attached to Government House who only spoke on condition of anonymity.

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-03-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, webfact said:

THE GLOBETROTTING PRIME MINISTER Srettha Thavisin has been given a sum of 139 million baht in government funding at his disposal with which he may travel the world over for the current fiscal year, according to a government official.

But has anyone informed him he does not need to use it all ......................LOL

• Like 1

Sure !

Some Travel is need for Business and Investment purposes as well as Diplomatic reasons

However Shretta seems to be a glorified Salesman on a mission to sell whatever he possibly can to keep his Country afloat

I am sure that other Countries dont need to peddle their wares in this fashion to attract Investment

Their track records and commitment to favourable 2 way relationships sell their own Investments

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

That's quite a lot of money. Almost like "they" want him out of the country while "they" run it.

I wonder if this includes airfare (on RTAF or TG)?

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if these foreign leaders know that this clown was not elected by the Thai people, and the guy who should have been PM was stopped for some technicality by soldiers, or should I say generals who should be nowhere near having any say in any government. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

image.jpeg

Thai Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin held talks with French President Emmanuel Macron in Paris Monday, March 11, 2024.  Photo: Thai Rath

The 139 million baht in funding was primarily earmarked for planned expenditure of the Pheu Thai-backed prime minister’s official trips overseas throughout fiscal 2024 for reported purposes of propagating and promoting Thailand’s potentials in international trade, investment and tourism.

Of that total, an estimated 68 million baht in funding for the real estate mogul-turned-prime minister’s official world tours has been contributed by the Board of Investment, an agency attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, said the official attached to Government House who only spoke on condition of anonymity.

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-03-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Did Emmanuel not do the honour of mentioning that he still had his bath towel wrapped around his neck?

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Soon, after Yingluck is back in the fold and the Thaksin trio take over.

At least Thaksin and Yingluck were elected by the Thai electorate, and Thaksins daughter has several university degrees. Not like a certain ex PM who only had a Military Academy education and probably an average low Thai IQ.

si·ne·cure
/ˈsinəˌkyo͝or/

noun
noun: sinecure; plural noun: sinecures
  1. a position requiring little or no work but giving the holder status or financial benefit.
    "political sinecures for the supporters of ministers"

Similar:
    easy job, soft option, cushy number, money for old rope, money for jam, picnic, doddle, walk in the park,

cinch, gravy train, bludge.

Edited by Enoon
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

At least Thaksin and Yingluck were elected by the Thai electorate, and Thaksins daughter has several university degrees. Not like a certain ex PM who only had a Military Academy education and probably an average low Thai IQ.

Whilst I agree Thailand was in better hands with Thaksin than the military I don't see that  going back to the old ways is going to help Thailand.

They really do need some fresh ideas and move forward... hint intended

• Like 1

They travel as there is no tomorrow.

This is the Pattaya(!) delegation (not the Thai delegation) at the (not too important) travel trade show in Berlin.

It includes the Chonburi governor(!), the head of Chonburi Provincial Administrative Organization, deputy major of Pattaya and even some people who deal with tourism 😄
(from "Chonburi PR" facebook)

pattaya_itb.jpg

And of course HE also used the chance for a little walkaround there:

sretha_itb.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Whilst I agree Thailand was in better hands with Thaksin than the military I don't see that  going back to the old ways is going to help Thailand.

They really do need some fresh ideas and move forward... hint intended

Probably so, I cannot say too much about Thaksin as he was near enough in his last two years when I came to stay in Thailand, But I sure wish Thailand was the same now as it was then, all the expats I knew then were all content. There are none left I can talk to now as they have all either left or died.

• Thumbs Up 1