Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Opinions please, on business idea

High season is done with and so is most of my wifes employment until next season. She is getting bored, likes to make her own money and wants something to fill in the time till then. I thought this might work, but on a very small scale. I have a large property and do endless landscaping and gardening on it. As a hobby, I make my own large bricks and stepping stones from construction debris. Broken concrete, cinder blocks (it-dang), tiles, slate, roofing shingles, pottery etc..... Anything I can use to make bricks. I am also starting to make large pathways around the property using concrete fence posting laid out on the ground and filling it with broken down concrete and adding color. I Know from personal experience that when we have work done around our place by local workers, they end up leaving  leftover materials and debris around as they have no way of taking it with them and dumping it. My neighbors had this problem, but I took and used it all already. And I am not aware of any companies doing this on a small scale. Only large construction removal. My idea is this. If someone needs debris removed, my wife, for a price, can use her truck to take it away, bring it home and I break it down into small rubble, which is easy to do and and I get my projects made without having to pay for aggregate. It's a win-win as I see it. People get their debris taken away, the wife makes some money and isn't bored and I have my aggregate for my projects. If anyone has any advice, opinions or criticisms, please, by all means, sound off. It's just a large pick up truck with a plastic bed in back. I was thinking of using those black garden pools you see at garden centers to hold the debris, so as not to damage the bed.

• Like 1

I like the idea,good to recycle!

However,getting paid to pick up rubble?

People will chose just to dump it somewhere on the side of the road for free(Illegally)

On the other hand,start really small and give it a go,as long as you don't invest too much.

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Great idea 

Of course it depends which area your operating

Have to be in a medium type town like buriam or Koratb

But please ...give it a go....but plan...but if you don't do it ....why 

I live a half hour outside Chiang Mai. Just have to find a way to advertise. Thanks.

8 hours ago, jvs said:

I like the idea,good to recycle!

However,getting paid to pick up rubble?

People will chose just to dump it somewhere on the side of the road for free(Illegally)

On the other hand,start really small and give it a go,as long as you don't invest too much.

Nothing to invest. We got a truck and bins already. Been making statues today from some friends rubble. Should turn out nice.

• Like 1

Another foreigner made a bbq smoker for himself, posted a few pics on fb, now deliver all kind og bbq'es and wood to all over thailand. Even Singapore customers. 

Its all about being at the right place at right time.

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1