Sor kor 1 to chanote?

31 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

Is it possible for a sor kor 1 land plot to be a chanote?

I'd say not a chance in hell. 

Sor Kor Nung (1)

The S.K. 1 land document is a notification form of possession of land and has little real rights associated with it. It entitles the holder to occupy and use the land (generally for farming).

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I'd say not a chance in hell. 

Might be correct sir,but since sor kor 1 is the last step before becoming chanote(so i been told) i guess its possible..and if can convert in to chanote id be interesting in a plot land.

1 hour ago, sanook 1 said:

Might be correct sir,but since sor kor 1 is the last step before becoming chanote(so i been told) i guess its possible..and if can convert in to chanote id be interesting in a plot land.

Incorrect I'm afraid. Sor Kor 1 is near the bottom of the barrel. This page will help you if you've not already seen it.

https://www.samuiforsale.com/knowledge/thailand-land-title-deeds.html

Edited by Woof999
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wasn't it in the news lately about some government department claiming back Sor Kor land that was never supposed to be given out? 

People staying/living on it were going to be in for a big shock.  Land was to revert to forest park. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sanook 1 said:

Many examples where a chanote was issued on sor kor 1, only to be later retracted. You can pay the official, just be prepared for a return.

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparently the courts are backed up regarding land claims. Thais don't appear to conform to laws either land or motoring.

Sor Kor Nung, establishes a claim to land but not actual land ownership. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Incorrect I'm afraid. Sor Kor 1 is near the bottom of the barrel. This page will help you if you've not already seen it.

https://www.samuiforsale.com/knowledge/thailand-land-title-deeds.html

Good info in the link,Thank you!

"Depending on the land’s location, this document may be upgraded to a title deed Nor. Sor. 3, Nor. Sor. 3 Gor or Nor. Sor. 4 Jor (Chanote)"

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Apparently the courts are backed up regarding land claims. Thais don't appear to conform to laws either land or motoring.

Do you mean its the court(the norm?) who decide for a land title change?

3 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

"Depending on the land’s location, this document may be upgraded to a title deed Nor. Sor. 3, Nor. Sor. 3 Gor or Nor. Sor. 4 Jor (Chanote)"

But you haven't got either. Your so called Land Title is basically at the bottom.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

Good info in the link,Thank you!

Be very careful. It sounds like you are giving more credibility to things that back up what you want the answer to be than those that don't. There is also a note on the link I sent you that says upgrades to land are being refused.

Many people in Thailand have lost everything by buying land that was ultimately almost worthless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Be very careful. It sounds like you are giving more credibility to things that back up what you want the answer to be than those that don't. There is also a note on the link I sent you that says upgrades to land are being refused.

Many people in Thailand have lost everything by buying land that was ultimately almost worthless.

True words,and im aware of that scenario.

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

But you haven't got either. Your so called Land Title is basically at the bottom.

There is actually only an old copy/drawing for the plot. Is it possible to make a new print out at the land office? Or where do one go for sor kor 1 inquiries?

2 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

True words,and im aware of that scenario.

What is your scenario? Have you been offered some land? Are you actively looking to buy land?

I concluded this process just a few weeks ago and am happy to share what I discovered.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

Or where do one go for sor kor 1 inquiries?

Why? You can't own the land and if you're married I'd imagine your wife knows the prosses.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Woof999 said:

What is your scenario? Have you been offered some land? Are you actively looking to buy land?

I concluded this process just a few weeks ago and am happy to share what I discovered.

Found a plot for sale in an good area/location where we live. Its a sor kor 1 and would only be interested if an upgrade (chanote)is possible,hence due diligence here.

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Why? You can't own the land and if you're married I'd imagine you wife knows the prosses.

Wife can own the land but she has no knowledge about this.

Just now, sanook 1 said:

Found a plot for sale in an good area/location where we live. Its a sor kor 1 and would only be interested if an upgrade (chanote)is possible,hence due diligence here.

I believe the chances of an upgrade that stands the test of time are very close to zero. When I was looking, I only ever considered land with Chanote titles (there is only 1 type of title called a Chanote "Red Garuda"). Facebook Marketplace was OK, but ultimately we discovered that many small villages have a local "agent" that knows all the plots around. Make sure it's only a Thai that makes the enquiries. As soon as a foreigner is known to be involved the prices will jump significantly.

https://landsmaps.dol.go.th/ was probably the resource I used the most, along with Google Earth. I spent a lot of time clicking on land plots that fit my requirements and then enquiring (the wife only, not me) locally whether the owner might want to sell. Be careful doing this as it can be quite insulting, apparently). On more than one occasion I saw ~50 rai plots on FB marketplace for 1M baht or so. They were all scams / waste of time.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I believe the chances of an upgrade that stands the test of time are very close to zero. When I was looking, I only ever considered land with Chanote titles (there is only 1 type of title called a Chanote "Red Garuda"). Facebook Marketplace was OK, but ultimately we discovered that many small villages have a local "agent" that knows all the plots around. Make sure it's only a Thai that makes the enquiries. As soon as a foreigner is known to be involved the prices will jump significantly.

https://landsmaps.dol.go.th/ was probably the resource I used the most, along with Google Earth. I spent a lot of time clicking on land plots that fit my requirements and then enquiring (the wife only, not me) locally whether the owner might want to sell. Be careful doing this as it can be quite insulting, apparently). On more than one occasion I saw ~50 rai plots on FB marketplace for 1M baht or so. They were all scams / waste of time.

Thanks! Landmaps is indeed a great source for price info.

6 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

Thanks! Landmaps is indeed a great source for price info.

Bear in mind that the price shown is the Land Office valuation of the land only, not any buildings that might already exist on it. Also note that it wont be that common to be able to buy at that price (or anything near it sometimes), although it all depends on the circumstances of course.

Back to the land you're looking at.... upgrading a title to a Chanote would add SIGNIFICANT value to the land. If it were that easy, the seller would have already done it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

And many have made money buying land that was not worthless. (I have, and I have lived rent free for 23 years.)

As you say - be careful and remember the phrase 'due diligence'.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Back to the land you're looking at.... upgrading a title to a Chanote would add SIGNIFICANT value to the land. If it were that easy, the seller would have already done it.

No way can he, or his Thai partner, upgrade a Sor Kor 1 to Chanote.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No way can he, or his Thai partner, upgrade a Sor Kor 1 to Chanote.

I will keep you updated. Is it possible to have a copy printed for the sor kor 1 land plot at the land office?

21 hours ago, sanook 1 said:

There has to be better options. I would keep looking and be patient.

On 3/17/2024 at 7:21 AM, sanook 1 said:

Is it possible for a sor kor 1 land plot to be a chanote? And if possible,whats the procedure?

At the moment upgrade of low title farmland deeds to nor sor 4 (Chanote) has begun. Check in the local area or office, what is possible in your area.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, khunPer said:

At the moment upgrade of low title farmland deeds to nor sor 4 (Chanote) has begun. Check in the local area or office, what is possible in your area.

This is what i heard also,will check and report back,Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1