Brits to boycott Spain

The Spanish love the cash the British bring. Whether they like the Brits is a different thing.

Thailand loved the Farang for many years until they thought their needs would be better served by the Chinese and Indians.

The Farang are still the ones who most frequent the bars and restaurants in Thailand's tourist hotspots.

The Brits are huge spenders in the bars and restaurants in Spain, more so than other nationalities.

They need to get organised, they have done it before in the 80s when Spain tried the introduction of price hiking and introducing new rules, by moving en masse to the Greek islands, and they can do it again.

Turkey and Croatia are two other places where Brits could move to in tourist numbers and be welcome.

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

Let's hope it's true. Spain will be a lot more enjoyable without the lager louts.

Do you go there much?

5 hours ago, Madgee said:

I see the Brit haters are out in force again!
The German sunbed gangs with their oversized towels will be happy, it's only the Brits that can give them some competition in the early hours with the towel saga.

They speak like that, but they love the British cash.

There are currently big arguments taking place in government circles in Spain and France, who tried introducing length of stay restrictions on the British with long-term holiday homes there.

A lot of local communities are against this as they are reliant on these forms of income from foreigners.

On 3/25/2024 at 11:37 AM, Trippy said:

It sounds like Spain doesn't want the Brits anymore. 

Yeh, right. They have been filling up Spanish coffers for decades. Not all Brits are lager louts. There is also middle and upper classed gentry hitting the resort towns, suppin sweet malaga wine while staying in expensive villas. Same for the Germans, across all classes. Millions go there to chill and spend money. Portugal, too. Maybe some devout Catholic mayor has been whispering tat in someone's ear, but this is more likely sensationalist tabloid fluff.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You must be a riot at parties.

You're about 3 days too late since I subsequently responded to that

Try and keep up

Edited by Chivas
  • Haha 2

On 3/25/2024 at 4:37 AM, Trippy said:

It sounds like Spain doesn't want the Brits anymore. 

I'll be going there tomorrow for a few months. What's not to like. Sea, Sun, Sand.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

I'll be going there tomorrow for a few months. What's not to like. Sea, Sun, Sand.

I'm getting there next fall and if I like then NIE, bank account and rental for 6 months to test drive. If OK then residency.

See u there!

pah a  nothing story, MUCH worse was the time when due to their  corruption many houses were built illegally after local officials approved construction with all correct permits for expats, many lost their homes ......fortunately I only  bought some land and never got round to the  construction as  later they changed the rules to say you could only  build  on rural land if the derelict building there still had a  roof. on

My Land still sits there 11000m2, once perfectly ok for construction and approved now due to the Spanish corruption you cant build on it,  its 30 minutes out of Malaga at  Torcal de Antequerra All the plans were  approved for construction then BAM cannot and no change in over 10+  years, Id  probably be in Spain now if that hadnt  happened

DSCF0008 (Large).JPG

spl.jpg

Edited by Rampant Rabbit