PrEP

As much as I enjoyed being single, in between relationships, all the kooties floating around out there, makes me also appreciate those relationships.   Although with single in USA, did have a few special like minded friends, and always there for each other.

Oh yea, to add, a relationship, does not allow one to cheat on them, as kind of defeats the purpose, and why bother, if going to betray their trust.

Adding them up, 4 marriages & 2 live ins+, totals about 33 yrs of monogamous relationships, present at 18 yrs.  Leaves about 20+ yr of being single.   A blessed life.

2 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

It really makes no sense at all to take any bacterial PEP.

Why not just wait til you get a bacterial infection then treat it with a short course of antibiotics? Instead of taking them all the time for nothing. Lol

Do you take amoxicillin constantly to prevent throat/chest infections?

It makes no sense.

of course it makes sense that's why a study is ongoing, research a bit

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2023/07/425786/dont-take-chances-why-doxycycline-great-bet-against-stis#:~:text=Take a single dose of,or one 200-milligrams tablet.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

And commercial sex only represents 1% of new infections

That's probably just a numbers thing, number of commercial sex is far less than non commercial sex. What you need is numbers for Pattaya and Bangkok. I know at the Red Cross last time i looked, 6% of HIV tests were positive

Edited by scubascuba3

7 hours ago, Homburg said:

A heads-up guys:  From what I read on here I understand that a number of people do not use condoms and use various pharmaceuticals as an alternative safety measure.  I have done the same for many years and it has worked well for me, but was recently informed by my doctor that this was impacting my kidney function.  Her words were that "PrEP is hard on the kidneys".  For occasional use an issue is less likely, but I suggest to explore with your doc what is the likely impact on your organs (kidneys, liver etc.) of any pharmaceuticals that you choose to use frequently.  Stay safe all.

You should have known that already, they should have been monitoring your kidney function, Creatinine levels. Mine are fine so far

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

As much as I enjoyed being single, in between relationships, all the kooties floating around out there, makes me also appreciate those relationships.   Although with single in USA, did have a few special like minded friends, and always there for each other.

Oh yea, to add, a relationship, does not allow one to cheat on them, as kind of defeats the purpose, and why bother, if going to betray their trust.

Adding them up, 4 marriages & 2 live ins+, totals about 33 yrs of monogamous relationships, present at 18 yrs.  Leaves about 20+ yr of being single.   A blessed life.

FOUR marriages? Slow learner.

I've never had unprotected sex with any woman before an extensive trial period.

Two years before I did it with my current GF, and that was only after she produced a medical certificate.

IMO people who have unprotected sex, using pharmaceuticals for protection, are just swapping one risk for another.

24 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

FOUR marriages? Slow learner.

I've never had unprotected sex with any woman before an extensive trial period.

Two years before I did it with my current GF, and that was only after she produced a medical certificate.

IMO people who have unprotected sex, using pharmaceuticals for protection, are just swapping one risk for another.

Testing variety .. but in the end ... 'till death do you part' ...

.... that's a really long time :coffee1:

Never had protected sex ... Knock on Wood, especially considering my time/years of my promiscuity, and some of the most unknown & dangerous decades.   A few friends weren't so lucky, and picked up a life long bug, or one that ended them.

Edited by KhunLA

24 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Testing variety .. but in the end ... 'till death do you part' ...

.... that's a really long time :coffee1:

Never had protected sex ... Knock on Wood, especially considering my time/years of my promiscuity, and some of the most unknown & dangerous decades.   A few friends weren't so lucky, and picked up a life long bug, or one that ended them.

I'm not advocating the death do us part scene, just saying one marriage was enough for me. After that, defacto or short-term.

I would say you have been very lucky, but that's the way it happens for some.

I am risk-averse. I did acquire a quite virulent UTI from a long-term defacto, which effectively ended the relationship. I don't know if UTI's count as an STD.

If one is concerned about HIV transmission during unprotected (some call it bareback) sex then how about looking at it in another way.  I was in S. Korea in December and found out in some pharmacies they sold HIV saliva swab tests.  The cost was about $40 dollars and the kit contained two tests.  The results would be revealed in 15 minutes.  Sounds similar to a Covid ATK test? At this time I do not believe this type of test was available in LOS but I did see oneat a Wal Mart back in LA. 

On a related matter I was in a bar in Incheon and after a few swigs of Soju I was talking to a few local guys and they said there were agencies that provided bareback services with an attractive partner and the HIV swab test was mandatory.  The provider came with the test kit.  Of course the cost of this service was rather steep.  

4 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

If one is concerned about HIV transmission during unprotected (some call it bareback) sex then how about looking at it in another way.  I was in S. Korea in December and found out in some pharmacies they sold HIV saliva swab tests.  The cost was about $40 dollars and the kit contained two tests.  The results would be revealed in 15 minutes.  Sounds similar to a Covid ATK test? At this time I do not believe this type of test was available in LOS but I did see oneat a Wal Mart back in LA. 

On a related matter I was in a bar in Incheon and after a few swigs of Soju I was talking to a few local guys and they said there were agencies that provided bareback services with an attractive partner and the HIV swab test was mandatory.  The provider came with the test kit.  Of course the cost of this service was rather steep.  

So if you want sex without a condom and you ejaculate inside her, what would be the total cost ?

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

How does it make sense to take antibiotics regularly when you don't need them, when you could just wait until you need them to cure the infection?

It's understandable for things like HIV and malaria. Not all infections are equal.

2 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

How does it make sense to take antibiotics regularly when you don't need them, when you could just wait until you need them to cure the infection?

It's understandable for things like HIV and malaria. Not all infections are equal.

Surely someone with HIV would be taking an antiretroviral rather than an antibiotic.

23 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Surely someone with HIV would be taking an antiretroviral rather than an antibiotic.

Obviously, everyone knows it's a virus. 

I was talking about the concept of taking preventative medications and how it makes sense for some infections, but not others.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

On a related matter I was in a bar in Incheon and after a few swigs of Soju I was talking to a few local guys and they said there were agencies that provided bareback services with an attractive partner and the HIV swab test was mandatory.  The provider came with the test kit.  Of course the cost of this service was rather steep

This is a service missing in Pattaya, definitely an opportunity, sadly everyone copies each other, no one imaginative. Also a service where all girls were on PrEP would make sense

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

i think i got 2-3 STIs each of the last couple of years, that gets tiring plus not always straight forward to get rid of, so stop it first.

There's also a benefit to others, if I don't catch it i can't spread it

Edited by scubascuba3

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

This is a service missing in Pattaya, definitely an opportunity, sadly everyone copies each other, no one imaginative. Also a service where all girls were on PrEP would make sense

There should be agency in Pattaya that provides prostitutes who don't have Hiv and the woman don't mind you ejaculating inside them ?

Why don't you set up an agency providing such a service ?

Although I doubt that not all men would seek out semen filled woman to have sex with 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i think i got 2-3 STIs each of the last couple of years, that gets tiring plus not always straight forward to get rid of, so stop it first.

Damn, what have you been getting up to? Haha

I must have been lucky over the last couple decades.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Damn, what have you been getting up to? Haha

I must have been lucky over the last couple decades.

Sometimes don't get anything for ages then they come in 3s, don't forget sometimes there's no symptoms so if you don't get tested you may be a carrier

Edited by scubascuba3

11 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I'd rather not take any risks in the first place. Using PrEP feels like playing Russian Roulette with your health. 

Russian roulette is those guys who don't use a condom anyway, or take it off, more common than you think

8 hours ago, Homburg said:

Agreed, but it's very easy to obtain pharmaceuticals without visiting a doctor so many don't bother.

Not easy in Thailand, you know pharmacies that sell it? only dodgy ones and anyone with a brain should know that Creatinine needs to be monitored along with regular HIV tests

6 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Taking single dose antibiotics (doxy) on a consistent but intermittent basis seems like a bad idea, to me.

Aside from potential side effects, antibiotic resistance from overuse is real.

Where did you get you medical degree?

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Not really relevant.  Basic reading comprehension is all that's required for reading pubmed and NCBI.  Give it a try.

Yes Indeed. But I got it confirmed by my doctor from Pulse. Prescribed and reimbursed by my insurance. 

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There should be agency in Pattaya that provides prostitutes who don't have Hiv and the woman don't mind you ejaculating inside them ?

Why don't you set up an agency providing such a service ?

Although I doubt that not all men would seek out semen filled woman to have sex with 

Has your sex drive disappeared totally? you don't seem to know much

3 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Do you feel that your link addresses the question of antibiotic resistance?

I am not in the business of double guessing my doctors, am I?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

There's also a benefit to others, if I don't catch it i can't spread it

You are the females you have sex with should all be kept away from the general population , as you all sound diseased and disease spreaders 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1