I have enjoyed my time in Thailand, but...

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Perhaps one day marin, you will finally see the wood for the trees!

bob.

Wish I could say the same bob but cant. Just go thats best for all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Having money isn't changing much besides having them in a little better school. They still have to live here. Many of their peers are boys, raised without fathers or with absent dads who don't teach the main things a man needs to learn about a woman. Buddhism looks at women as inferior, hoping they will re-incarnate as a man. This starts the ball rolling with them thinking women are secondary, which they aren't.

Its a pity you have chosen to live where you do, but that was your choice. My kids never once ran across anything like that.  Both live in the states now with great jobs. They are 25 and have been there since they started university at 17. 

Fred, sadly money changes everything here. 

One last thing I myself was born and educated abroad. Coming back at 12 in 1963 I wanted to live near my aunty in Texas. My father crossed that off the list all those years ago. The standard of public education in Texas has been poor for so many decades. I wish you luck. 

Edited by marin
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, marin said:

There is racism anywhere in the world. Dangerous roads, you make me laugh. Pollution the same as anywhere if you dont live in the north this time of year. How did corruption affect you Birdman?  I guess you did not read the part about being able to pay for a good education.

Warm weather year round

Great and cheap domestic travel

Great food of all nationalities

Having a gray area when it comes to rules, its not all black and white

Really excellent international schools that deliver

Polluted in all main cities. Rubbish everywhere. Lots of food bugs, poor hygiene.

The average Thai couldn't locate NZ on a map. Don't tell me education is good.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

The truth hurts, eh?

bob.

Hey bob. Dont try to put your horrible experiences here over onto me. I have enjoyed all 35 years of my stay here. Raised my kids here and loved it. Showed them most of Thailand and a lot of Asia. When they left for university it was still great as it is now. Getting ready to go see them in May.

The bottom line is bottom feeders tend to stay on the bottom where they survive the best. Hence your problems. Most of us dont lie and invent false lives we get on with our own and make the most of it. Something you have not done, and this has turned you into a bitter drunk. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

Polluted in all main cities. Rubbish everywhere. Lots of food bugs, poor hygiene.

Perhaps they don't want to, after all, they have to deal with people like you from not far from NZ.........:omfg:

But, where I live I have never heard of, or seen, polluted, rubbish everywhere.

May I suggest you move to another location.............:cowboy:.............:coffee1:

• Haha 1

I would argue that the world is becoming more precarious for expats and that those with the attitude that Thailand is lucky to have been blessed with their presence and who presume that the world will eagerly welcome them should they choose to leave have simply not kept abreast with just how much global dynamics have shifted and will continue to shift going forward.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, marin said:

Hey bob. Dont try to put your horrible experiences here over onto me. I have enjoyed all 35 years of my stay here. Raised my kids here and loved it. Showed them most of Thailand and a lot of Asia. When they left for university it was still great as it is now. Getting ready to go see them in May.

The bottom line is bottom feeders tend to stay on the bottom where they survive the best. Hence your problems. Most of us dont lie and invent false lives we get on with our own and make the most of it. Something you have not done, and this has turned you into a bitter drunk. 

just because you resigned yourself to a life in Thailand doesn't mean that I have to!

Thailand is notorious for losers and sex pests, as you well know.

Some of us just want to better ourselves rather than live in a country that doesn't really want us.

bob.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, marin said:

I would disagree here. Why do you think Thailand is not a good place to raise kids? If you have the money for good schooling it is a great place to raise kids. 

IF you have the money for good schooling. Even there, I suspect respect for authority and obedience triumphs over critical thinking and questioning.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Some of us just want to better ourselves rather than live in a country that doesn't really want us.

The Thai's very quickly figured out you are a bottom feeder, hence your problem. Read my post one more time.

• Confused 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Even there, I suspect respect for authority and obedience triumphs over critical thinking and questioning.

Then you would be very very wrong. At my kids school every single teacher was an outside hire so of course critical thinking and questioning are a core part of any course that is taken. 

I do agree with you about Thai schooling though. Primary was fine, the school taught more about being a decent human than hard core learning. But Mattayom school was a joke just as you posted. Hence their last 4 years were at a  top tier international school.

5 minutes ago, marin said:

The Thai's very quickly figured out you are a bottom feeder, hence your problem. Read my post one more time.

...'a bottom feeder', who since yesterday is 850,000USD better off, whilst your average Thai is scraping by on 15,000THB a month..

I won, marin.

The thais lost.

bob.

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

'a bottom feeder', who since yesterday is 850,000USD better off, whilst your average Thai is scraping by on 15,000THB a month..

I won, marin.

The thais lost.

You lost me as well. Quite angry I spent almost an hour arguing with a bottom feeding liar. I have to get out to Don Muang airport and get in my private jet. Dinner appointment in Phuket dont ya know!!🤪🙃🤣

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, marin said:

Then you would be very very wrong. At my kids school every single teacher was an outside hire so of course critical thinking and questioning are a core part of any course that is taken. 

I do agree with you about Thai schooling though. Primary was fine, the school taught more about being a decent human than hard core learning. But Mattayom school was a joke just as you posted. Hence their last 4 years were at a  top tier international school.

Which would be quite expensive., and why I was never tempted to father a luk kreung.

Just now, Lacessit said:

Which would be quite expensive., and why I was never tempted to father a luk kreung.

It was but worth every penny. More than you would think. We had twins..🙃

6 minutes ago, bob smith said:

...'a bottom feeder', who since yesterday is 850,000USD better off, whilst your average Thai is scraping by on 15,000THB a month..

I won, marin.

The thais lost.

bob.

Your OP said you were leaving with 850,000 BAHT, now it's 850,000 USD. Lay off the booze when posting.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Don't call me a moron, you lying sack of s#!t. You edited your OP to remove the mistake.

how could I edit my OP just now if it was posted YESTERDAY, you cabbage.

there is a 30 minute edit limit on AN!!!

come on, genius.. tell me huh!!!

grade A moron you are!

bob.

Edited by bob smith

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

how could I edit my OP now if it was posted 22 hours ago?

there is a 30 minute edit limit on AN!!!

come on, genius.. tell me huh!!!

grade A moron you are!

bob.

Because you edited it in the 30 minute limit, after I pointed out Trump had better move over.

The 850,000 USD is probably another one of your lies, given you have been posting about 30 baht pad thai.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When they make it legal I'll be permanently high, but till then I don't want to be evicted.

Am I angry, you bet I am.

What am I angry about- the government, the failing health system and overpriced GP visits because I can't buy meds over the counter, the housing disaster, and insane rents, incompetent city councils that waste ratepayers money, the tax system, the cretinous public tv service, and that is just the start.

I loved being in Thailand- other than a short 90 day report 3 times a year, I only had to put up with the immigration clown show once a year. I lived in a brilliant hotel for less than the <deleted> I live in now because there are no houses to rent at a price I can afford. I was never cold, and it's a million times more interesting than the rural town I live in. I live 30 minutes from the beach but rarely visit it because petrol is so expensive now.

I hear what you're saying and agree 100 percent. 

I left Thailand about 5 years ago because of quite a few factors.  I had a retirement visa although not getting a pension at that stage. 

Returning to NZ where rentals are fakn ridiculous and working an average of 60hrs a week did not leave much time to do anything else. 

My Thai partner also came with me to NZ.  She worked a standard 40hr week.  She did day shift and I was a Supervisor on night shift. 

You'd think we would be rolling in the money... Not with the cost of living in NZ.  I was on about NZ$1200 (US$800) after tax.  The missus was a lot less. 

We daren't ever think about going out to a pub for a few drinks.  Our big event was maybe travelling 45km to have a meal in a genuine Thai restaurant.  Nice food but at 4x the price compared to Thailand. 

After 5 years of the constant grind at work, I'd had enough. My Army pension kicked in... Which incidentally is a fakn lot less that Joe public gets.  But it was enough to decide to get the fak out of Dodge and return to Thailand. 

Only been back 4 months and although it's not the best, it's easier to survive here without busting your gut. 

I'm still looking at truck driving in Perth for some extra shekels. 

So the grass is not always greener.... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Because you edited it in the 30 minute limit, after I pointed out Trump had better move over.

The 850,000 USD is probably another one of your lies, given you have been posting about 30 baht pad thai.

what on earth are you babbling about!

regards,

the real bob.

50 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Quite a few non-Thai people on this forum have shown that their education was a waste of money.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

what on earth are you babbling about!

regards,

the real bob.

I am posting you are a liar, with about as much credibility as a used car salesman.

One day you have a Mrs, the next it's a string of hookers.

One day you're off the grog, the next you are swimming in it.

Were you ever a boxer? IMO you got punched in the head too often. Or perhaps that was bar fights.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

90 day reports only take 2 minutes to do online. The info you give never changes. It's not an invasion of privacy. They know where you live already by now. You do it 4 times a year. Barely 10 minutes total out of your life in a year. It it is a nothing burger. 

You clearly do not get the point.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dolf said:

It shows I like to help people. You need help. You are miserable and trapped in Isaan.

It is never too late to learn and at age 67 you have stopped learning and won't admit when you are wrong.

People who are happiest in Thailand speak Thai, are flexible and willing to put their ego aside to adapt to the new culture.

I would suggest you go home and stay there. 

I know quite a few expats aside from myself, who are looking at options elsewhere, if it just gets a little bit worse here, and we all speak Thai, are long time integrated, has nothing to do with it. Most thais who have the chance even want to go. All this due to the negative changes over more or less the past 6 years or so (half of the years I spent here while that being 1/3rd of my life and 1/2 of my adult life).

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

I know quite a few expats aside from myself, who are looking at options elsewhere, if it just gets a little bit worse here, and we all speak Thai, are long time integrated, has nothing to do with it. Most thais who have the chance even want to go.

Go look. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1