I have enjoyed my time in Thailand, but...

41 minutes ago, bob smith said:

YES.

I tell Mrs. Smith almost everyday!

bob.

You tell your wife that you don't like her every day ...?

That is something to avoid if you want to become a happy man .

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

Jealous you can't afford to join me?

bob.

Jealous of you........ couldn't be further from the truth buttercup.

Can you pls post a pic of your exit stamp to confirm once you've left.

• Like 1

Just now, PJ71 said:

Jealous of you........ couldn't be further from the truth buttercup.

Can you pls post a pic of your exit stamp to confirm once you've left.

I have already said I will be posting a picture of the departure gate.

I hope that this will suffice.

Stay tuned.

bob.

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

you don't do 90 reports then?

what do you call that?

bob.

Did mine 2 days ago ,email back today ,all of 10 mins work on the PC ,

they are very good now , send email when it's time to report,send email

when they receive the report, and finally an email when it's done and I

print out the notification  ...simple

regards worgeordie

• Agree 1

Just now, worgeordie said:

Did mine 2 days ago ,email back today ,all of 10 mins work on the PC ,

they are very good now , send email when it's time to report,send email

when they receive the report, and finally an email when it's done and I

print out the notification  ...simple

regards worgeordie

not the point though is it!

bob.

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I have already said I will be posting a picture of the departure gate.

I hope that this will suffice.

Stay tuned.

bob.

Would prefer the exit stamp in you PP as ultimate proof pls.

Thanks.

Just now, PJ71 said:

Would prefer the exit stamp in you PP as ultimate proof pls.

Thanks.

sorry, no can do.

departure gate pic or nothing.

beggars can't be choosers! 

bob.

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

sorry, no can do.

departure gate pic or nothing.

beggars can't be choosers! 

bob.

no can do coz it's another one of your total BS stories.....

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

I have been here for decades mate.

The honeymoon period lasted 2 years for me.

Then I met mrs. smith so I decided to stay even longer.

had I not met her I probably would have moved on long ago.

but I have now come to the end of my tether,

my flights are booked and I am taking a positive step in the right direction (i think).

I am sick of being treated less than human by the system and Thais in general.

enough is enough.

bob.

Two things.

I was visiting or living in Thailand for over 3 decades and the honeymoon never ended. I guess one either loves it or should leave. No amount of official BS would have kept me away had I been able to get the pension there. In the end it was NZ official BS that made me leave.

Two

I wish my country was less welcoming to certain ethnic immigrants. If it was we might have a better country.

I think Thailand is spot on not allowing rich farangs to buy land, else they might turn it into the same <deleted> <deleted> they left behind when they moved to LOS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

If it was we might have a better country.

Thailand isn't better than ANY western country by any metric. 

All it has got going for it is the food and the weather.

Can get decent food and weather in Spain.

bob.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

Believe what you want.

That's your prerogative.

bob.

Well, based on your track record it appears you're a compulsive liar so yeah, i'd like evidence.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Two things.

I was visiting or living in Thailand for over 3 decades and the honeymoon never ended. I guess one either loves it or should leave. No amount of official BS would have kept me away had I been able to get the pension there. In the end it was NZ official BS that made me leave.

Two

I wish my country was less welcoming to certain ethnic immigrants. If it was we might have a better country.

I think Thailand is spot on not allowing rich farangs to buy land, else they might turn it into the same <deleted> <deleted> they left behind when they moved to LOS.

You sound a tad angy.

Try weed, it'll help with that.

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

Well, based on your track record it appears you're a compulsive liar so yeah, i'd like evidence.

I have told you, the departure gate pic shall be posted. 

I am truly sorry if that isn't enough for you but it's the best I am willing to do!

bob.

It's a big world, Bob, but life is short.  For some people---maybe this fits you---it's best not to get wedded to one place for the duration. Too much out there to experience.

Thailand has its good points, as well as its bad. So does everywhere else. Stay while the good outweighs the bad, and depart for greener pastures or new horizons when the bad takes center stage.

I passed through Thailand dozens and dozens of times over the years, and eventually chose to make it home for a while. Having lived in many countries, I know how to fit in and accept whatever idiosyncrasies might exist, while trying to focus on the positive. We each have our own likes and dislikes, and each of us comes with some level of patience, though this can vary widely from person to person.

Many foreigners come here, fall into a relationship, and marry. Good for them. I've had relationships here, but none that could go the distance. I accept our differences, and know I would eventually be bored to tears. Likely she would be, too. We're all embedded in the culture of our upbringing, and for me the gap is just too wide. I have no faith, and could never stay long term with someone whose life revolves around superstition and---my opinion only---willful ignorance of the world, the Universe, history, etc. Family, Tiktok and Facebook does not a life make, at least not the life I want. Some guys come here seeking little more than sex and a housekeeper, and good for them, if they're happy. I can do my own chores, sex is pretty easy, but I also want stimulating conversation, and that in the home, not with mates in a bar. For the time being, however, Thailand is pleasant enough and entertaining. When that ends, I will find the next stop, as you are (maybe) now doing.

I know you throw curveballs, but I suspect you actually do have sufficient wealth to go where you want when you want. It seems to be time for you to do that. The next stop might get old eventually, but wealth allows you to move on as you wish. There is always something new and exciting to explore. Time to go find it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Thailand isn't better than ANY western country by any metric. 

All it has got going for it is the food and the weather.

Can get decent food and weather in Spain.

bob.

LOL. It's got feminine women Bob. Western women stopped being feminine years ago. They apparently think having a lot of sex is being feminine, but it's not.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Two things.

Two

It is great if you have the right attitude.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. It's got feminine women Bob. Western women stopped being feminine years ago. They apparently think having a lot of sex is being feminine, but it's not.

...you sound like you have been burned by a western woman in the past, a common trait amongst older expats in Thailand.

Care to share?

bob.

Edited by bob smith

27 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

no can do coz it's another one of your total BS stories.....

Exactly.

Q - how do you know the floor is level ?

A - The BS is running out both of Bobs ears.

10 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

It's a big world, Bob, but life is short.  For some people---maybe this fits you---it's best not to get wedded to one place for the duration. Too much out there to experience.

Thailand has its good points, as well as its bad. So does everywhere else. Stay while the good outweighs the bad, and depart for greener pastures or new horizons when the bad takes center stage.

I passed through Thailand dozens and dozens of times over the years, and eventually chose to make it home for a while. Having lived in many countries, I know how to fit in and accept whatever idiosyncrasies might exist, while trying to focus on the positive. We each have our own likes and dislikes, and each of us comes with some level of patience, though this can vary widely from person to person.

Many foreigners come here, fall into a relationship, and marry. Good for them. I've had relationships here, but none that could go the distance. I accept our differences, and know I would eventually be bored to tears. Likely she would be, too. We're all embedded in the culture of our upbringing, and for me the gap is just too wide. I have no faith, and could never stay long term with someone whose life revolves around superstition and---my opinion only---willful ignorance of the world, the Universe, history, etc. Family, Tiktok and Facebook does not a life make, at least not the life I want. Some guys come here seeking little more than sex and a housekeeper, and good for them, if they're happy. I can do my own chores, sex is pretty easy, but I also want stimulating conversation, and that in the home, not with mates in a bar. For the time being, however, Thailand is pleasant enough and entertaining. When that ends, I will find the next stop, as you are (maybe) now doing.

I know you throw curveballs, but I suspect you actually do have sufficient wealth to go where you want when you want. It seems to be time for you to do that. The next stop might get old eventually, but wealth allows you to move on as you wish. There is always something new and exciting to explore. Time to go find it.

Excellent post mate!

Me and Thailand have just grown apart.

Plain and simple really.

Plus, I do miss those western women!

bob.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I left the US about 6 years ago, and it still had feminine women everywhere , so I don't know where you're getting this from. Have you been there? Or any other western country for a long enough time to see this? Some men are repulsed by women who are strong. To them this isn't feminine, as if they have to act subservient to be feminine. I've know women who were very strong and independent, and they were surely very feminine.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I left the US about 6 years ago, and it still had feminine women everywhere , so I don't know where you're getting this from. Have you been there? Or any other western country for a long enough time to see this? Some men are repulsed by women who are strong. To them this isn't feminine, as if they have to act subservient to be feminine. I've know women who were very strong and independent, and they were surely very feminine.

I'm repulsed by women weighing more then 50kg!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

...you sound like you have been burned by a western woman in the past, a common trait amongst older expats in Thailand.

Care to share?

bob.

Yeah, I was just another stupid man that got suckered by a western woman. I admit it- I was an idiot to believe her lies. I didn't have a western girl friend EVER, after her- didn't trust any of them. Wasn't going to get fooled again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yeah, I was just another stupid man that got suckered by a western woman. I admit it- I was an idiot to believe her lies. I didn't have a western girl friend EVER, after her- didn't trust any of them. Wasn't going to get fooled again.

So you thought that you'd go to Thailand and get a Thai girlfriend, because they were honest , trustworthy  and never told lies ?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Players don't have that same problem, to be honest you sound like a bit of a schmuck. 

condolences.

bob.

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So you thought that you'd go to Thailand and get a Thai girlfriend, because they were honest , trustworthy  and never told lies ?

I know right.

comical.

bob.