I have enjoyed my time in Thailand, but...

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

If you would read what I write you would see that I said I understand what makes a paragraph. Maybe I really don't care to separate my thoughts into smaller paragraphs. Maybe you can't understand when I write a long paragraph. A smart person doesn't assume what others know. That would be a poor education on your part. You are wasting your time asking me to put things into paragraphs. Why are you bothering? Just to troll? That's arrogance and childish. Arguing just for the sake of. If you could comprehend what I've been writing, you could see I'm educated. Many others use long paragraphs here, and I can understand every word. Again, it's on you.

I just posted a link explaining it. You should educate yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

bob, the thought of you leaving is very sad news. is there anything we can do to dissuade you to stay? i am all ears and am willing to help to do whatever it takes to prevent your planned departure. 🥲

"Persuade" or "dissuade"?   

Your comment is a contradiction...

"...to dissuade you to stay".

"...to prevent your planned departure".

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

You've told us where you're going, which I'll give you credit for. Curious whether you anticipate working once you return to Texas? I ask because you talked about your daughter's education, and starting over from scratch. Not sure how old you are, but unless you're still able to work, won't your standard of living be taking a pretty big hit? Just curious, wish you the best with your relocation plans.

67 now in good health, and I have a few jobs I can do there. One is working with a family member making decks and gazebos. I'll need the extra income as things have have increased in price.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

67 now in good health, and I have a few jobs I can do there. One is working with a family member making decks and gazebos. I'll need the extra income as things have have increased in price.

I'm 67 now

Just 1 have

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Dolf said:

I'm 67 now

Just 1 have

Correcting others typos shows both a lack of restraint and an inferiority complex brought on by either a narcissistic personality disorder, an insecurity associated with a need to always be right, or jealousy , in your case maybe, because you cannot comprehend a long paragraph. It comes from a fear of being wrong. You assume what others know, and make comments trying to act superior. You aren't, although you'll never admit this.Most of your comments are one sentence long, and are just there for the sake of arguing. You go off topic, not really caring what the topic is, but having a want to again, correct others you either disagree with, or can't fathom what they are talking about. Google pedantic and see if it fits.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Correcting others typos shows both a lack of restraint and an inferiority complex brought on by either a narcissistic personality disorder, an insecurity associated with a need to always be right, or jealousy , in your case maybe, because you cannot comprehend a long paragraph. It comes from a fear of being wrong. You assume what others know, and make comments trying to act superior. You aren't, although you'll never admit this.Most of your comments are one sentence long, and are just there for the sake of arguing. You go off topic, not really caring what the topic is, but having a want to again, correct others you either disagree with, or can't fathom what they are talking about.

It shows I like to help people. You need help. You are miserable and trapped in Isaan.

It is never too late to learn and at age 67 you have stopped learning and won't admit when you are wrong.

People who are happiest in Thailand speak Thai, are flexible and willing to put their ego aside to adapt to the new culture.

I would suggest you go home and stay there. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Dolf said:

People who are happiest in Thailand speak Thai, are flexible and willing to put their ego aside to adapt to the new culture.

I do all of that and more and still hate the place.

bob.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

Nothing.

I haven't been 'happy' here for over 10 years.

bob.

Sorry to hear that .

Happiness lies deep within YOU .

Just have to find it . If you are not happy now , it is probably because of all the things that annoy you here ...

But , in every country there will be some things that are not right ...

To be happy in life you have to

! , be independent ( financially as well ) , of other people ... do your own thing discreetly , without making big waves ...

2. Find a place with not too many people around . Try to enjoy every day , just ignore what prevents you from that ...

3. Find out what you really like and define what is valuable to you in life . And don't want too much .

The times they are a changin' ...

It is not like it once was anymore , nowhere .

You can only adapt , not change that .

Anyway , good luck to you , may you find true happiness ... ( not on the bottom of the bottle ...)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

It shows I like to help people. You need help. You are miserable and trapped in Isaan.

It is never too late to learn and at age 67 you have stopped learning and won't admit when you are wrong.

I would suggest you go home and stay there. 

No, it really shows your need to try and control. You are condescending because of a lack of self esteem, trying to make up for this by correcting others who are making minor and intentional mistakes. It doesn't matter how long my paragraphs are, as you and only a couple of others have ever said anything about it. What you are doing is not helping but rude, and it seems you don't know or were never taught the difference. Thinking I don't want to make smaller paragraphs because I don't know how is not helping anyone here. You are constantly being brought out on your one line mockery. Correcting an obvious typo just to make yourself feel superior doesn't work. Narcissists aren't superior. They were taught at a young age to control, by either neglect, abuse or being spoiled. I know full well it's never too late to learn. That's why I read daily, much of which is about human behavior, why others act the way they do. The last 35 years actually have been spent in this endeavor, mainly to help others who are suffering with depression and how to be a better mate. Guessing that people who speak Thai are much happier is saying you know all the farangs here , what they think, and that they are happy. You only know a tiny percentage, and if they are your friends, I'm suspicious of their thinking also. I always admit  when I am wrong but this time it\'s all on you. Your need to constantly correct others and straying from the topic makes you a troll. One with a fragile ego that has a constant need to be fed. If this paragraph is too long for you to understand, try reading one sentence at a time. Replying is showing everyone your real motives.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I don't blame him, as I'm leaving as soon as I can get re-established back in Texas with my daughter. Thailand isn't a bad place but some people and things have made it unlivable. 

But USA, and Texas, are just great places? Or maybe not?

RNWPC-3.jpg?w=1280

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

No, it really shows your need to try and control. You are condescending because of a lack of self esteem, trying to make up for this by correcting others who are making minor and intentional mistakes. It doesn't matter how long my paragraphs are, as you and only a couple of others have ever said anything about it. What you are doing is not helping but rude, and it seems you don't know or were never taught the difference. Thinking I don't want to make smaller paragraphs because I don't know how is not helping anyone here. You are constantly being brought out on your one line mockery. Correcting an obvious typo just to make yourself feel superior doesn't work. Narcissists aren't superior. They were taught at a young age to control, by either neglect, abuse or being spoiled. I know full well it's never too late to learn. That's why I read daily, much of which is about human behavior, why others act the way they do. The last 35 years actually have been spent in this endeavor, mainly to help others who are suffering with depression and how to be a better mate. Guessing that people who speak Thai are much happier is saying you know all the farangs here , what they think, and that they are happy. You only know a tiny percentage, and if they are your friends, I'm suspicious of their thinking also. I always admit  when I am wrong but this time it\'s all on you. Your need to constantly correct others and straying from the topic makes you a troll. One with a fragile ego that has a constant need to be fed. If this paragraph is too long for you to understand, try reading one sentence at a time. Replying is showing everyone your real motives.

You sound very miserable. No wonder your Thai experiment failed.

• Love It 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

RNWPC-3.jpg?w=1280

The US has all anyone needs, no matter their preferences, at least as far as hobbies, sports, outdoor activities, beaches, mountains, lakes, forests and dining are concerned. You can find a younger wife in Asian countries easier, but if you have enough money, as some do, you'll always be followed by gold diggers no matter where you hang your hat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

1. You don't like to help people, you like to take the p_ss out of people.

2. You, at 48, do not know everything, even with your brush-cutting degree.

3. Wrong, Many farangy's do not go out of their way to learn Thai, it makes no difference to one's happiness, you are guessing again.

4. We suggest you go home and stay there, the brush there, needs your expertise..:cowboy:

All 4 points were wrong. Another miserable farang who can't speak Thai. But you have no money to leave. That's why you use cheap Chinese parts to fix cars.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

I have been here for decades mate.

The honeymoon period lasted 2 years for me.

Then I met mrs. smith so I decided to stay even longer.

had I not met her I probably would have moved on long ago.

but I have now come to the end of my tether,

my flights are booked and I am taking a positive step in the right direction (i think).

I am sick of being treated less than human by the system and Thais in general.

enough is enough.

bob.

see ya.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

The US has all anyone needs, no matter their preferences, at least as far as hobbies, sports, outdoor activities, beaches, mountains, lakes, forests and dining are concerned. You can find a younger wife in Asian countries easier, but if you have enough money, as some do, you'll always be followed by gold diggers no matter where you hang your hat.

If the US was amazing you would never have left. You are full of bs.

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

great post mate!

I really appreciate your input.

Many here think I am a troll. That couldn't be further from the truth. I am just a very disgruntled expat that has been in Thailand way too long and is ready for a new challenge. I am not going home, I am moving on to (hopefully) greener pastures. Only time will tell if that is the case, but one thing is for sure - I have given Thailand my best shot and now it is someone else's turn...

I am cashing in my chips, taking my money and running off into the sunset.

bob.

once you've cashed your chips will that be enough for the bus from Pattaya to Survanabhumi?

I've a spare 10 baht if you need it, let me know....

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

You sound very miserable. No wonder your Thai experiment failed.

Assuming again. Better to take a walk and forget about this forum. You aren't adding anything besides negativity and trolling. If you really want to help, don't reply. Having a daughter I love isn't a failed experiment . It brought a smart, beautiful little girl in the world that is my responsibility to show a safe, teaching environment, just like i did with my other children back home. She's the only reason I'm still in a place that looks at women as inferior slaves. This I will teach her is wrong behavior. Maybe you don't have any children so cannot understand this. I not miserable but am missing what makes me happy. Many farangs here aren't happy but stay because it's cheaper than their own country or they can get younger women easier. All of tis gets old eventually, as we all do. Better to be in a place you're comfortable in.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

The US has all anyone needs, no matter their preferences

Do they have any competent politicians over there?

And just in case they have them, do they have people who vote for competent people?

abf6e3ddd8f39b4a67743e04e6cc214844-marjo

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dolf said:

If the US was amazing you would never have left. You are full of bs.

I left because my ex didn't want to move there. Now she does. She wanted to stay near her family,most of whom don't care about each other. The US has everything Thailand has and much better, with more freedom. I don't lie nor exaggerate. You assume.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

All 4 points were wrong. Another miserable farang who can't speak Thai. But you have no money to leave. That's why you use cheap Chinese parts to fix cars.

This is the type of post we are used to from you, has absolutely no content except having a dig at a member, it is your trait, sadly it seems the forum needs a dip-stick for the clicks.......🥴

"Cheap Chinese parts to fix cars", hmmm, now I think I did mention something about your mental health.........:whistling:............:cowboy:

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

RNWPC-3.jpg?w=1280

i'd still rather be hangin out with them than a bunch of two faced thais.

bob.