I've lost my desire to listen to music.

giddyup

Always been a music lover, had a big collection of both CD's and vinyl before I left Australia 14 years ago. Until recently used to listen to free music on apps like Radio Paradise, Jango and Accu radio, but now, at nearly 82 I find I prefer peace and quiet. Nothing wrong with my hearing, it's just that music doesn't move me like it used to. Sad.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like food, don't partake in the same offering too often.

Once a month or less for the songs you love should keep them fresh.

Put on Rory Gallagher's 'Crest of a Wave' yesterday. That slide and voice still soar as they did back in the the early 70s 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 12:10 PM, giddyup said:

Always been a music lover, had a big collection of both CD's and vinyl before I left Australia 14 years ago. Until recently used to listen to free music on apps like Radio Paradise, Jango and Accu radio, but now, at nearly 82 I find I prefer peace and quiet. Nothing wrong with my hearing, it's just that music doesn't move me like it used to. Sad.

I prescribe a dose of Lamyai daily

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

but now, at nearly 82 I find I prefer peace and quiet.

I have Radio Caroline playing in the background.

Not sure I'm "listening" but it is there. 

Edited by VocalNeal

Replying to the OP:

a. I do not listen to the same music I did when I was younger. (Most is crappola when we return to it.)

b. I can identify with your loss of interest in music, since I experienced an almost complete loss of interest in reading novels (all fiction) 20 years ago. When the world is like ours is now, who needs fiction.....right?

c. So, anyway, I still love music, but I need more complex music to keep my brain occupied, and to stave off boredom.

I listen to this NYC station.

I love JS Bach due to the complexity of the music.

JS Bach wrote a lot of chamber music, baroque music, which I have always loved, and which seems even better as I age.

d. Therefore, search out baroque music.  And, try this link to listen to the NYC Radio Station that plays nothing but great music:

image.png.1d03eb5d3ea89cdddeb57d942cf469bb.png

image.png.91059f48b78db982c334774fb8c19e33.png

https://www.wqxr.org/

Novels today, IMHO, are getting more and more insipid and trashy, as years go buy.

Therefore, listen to this radio station while you concentrate on Non_Fiction, instead.

You cannot go wrong if you do.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Nothing wrong with my hearing, it's just that music doesn't move me like it used to. Sad.

Sometimes I feel the same way about movies.🤔

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2024 at 12:54 PM, proton said:

I prescribe a dose of Lamyai daily

Watch Japanese girl on phim heo mới

I have been following Thai music for a decade, and Lamyai is the finest performer I have ever witnessed, though I have only attended a dozen of her concerts. She is truly exceptional.

Edited by ingridguerci94

42 minutes ago, ingridguerci94 said:

I have been following Thai music for a decade, and Lamyai is the finest performer I have ever witnessed, though I have only attended a dozen of her concerts. She is truly exceptional.

I have only seen her 12 times, could not get into tawang deang on Thursday to see her, she's getting very popular. Cant fault her on anything, she's just about perfect all round. She's the best I have seen in 25 years. People love her manner, quite important for country singers. After concerts she often sits in her van while people line up for photos. Recently an organizer of the concert went right to the front of the line, she told him to line up like everyone else!

36 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

My choice is https://www.accuradio.com/

The feature Pick for me is the option I use.

The pople creating these selections will introduce you to a new listening pleasure.

Free  

Did I not say I have Accuradio?

On 4/24/2024 at 8:36 PM, VocalNeal said:

Sometimes I feel the same way about movies.🤔

I stopped listening to music as well, but I still watch movies (dramas) all day on smart TV.

Not me. I started learning how to play an instrument (wish I had done it when I was young).

I hope to learn multi instruments before I die (but maybe I'm being overly optimistic).

And I like singing. I may even take voice lessons.

I try to find singers that I can mimic (tone not too high-pitched). 

I knew a guy in high school who was imitating Robert Plant. Good luck with that. That's hard to emulate. 

And people who attempt that usually end up screeching.

I do a half-ass Richard Hawley. 

I ain't gonna sell tickets any time soon. But it's fun.

I like lyrics. It's basically playing with words.

the wind blows forward and the wind blows back

catch the first train smokin' and never look back