Recommend window (sandblasted glass) replacement company

samtam

My kitchen window which was newly installed in 2020 had some paint dripping on it during the repainting of the condo. The outside is sandblasted, and the company cleaned with turpentine, so that now when it rains it leaves streaks.

Need to replace glass (and frame).

Any replacements company in Bangkok that anyone can recommend?

KitchenWindow2.jpg.5d39da056e260f70d782dbf9cc0dd0a4.jpg

KitchenWindow1.jpg.8fe4e824885a927bdf7d1430808cfc2f.jpg

And attempting to clean:

KitchenWindow3.jpg.dda65dce2bd7957dcfc1dd4edf7f831d.jpg

I'm not sure I understand the OP's situation. 

If it were me, the first thing I'd be inclined to do is to pull the window out of the frame and turn the sandblasted side inward so it never rains on it.  And if you do splash anything on it, it's a simple cleanup job not not requiring the services of Spiderman. 

I'm also a fan of a frosted vinyl film instead of frosted (sandblasted) glass.  Again, on the inside.  So it's easy to scrape the old film off with a razor scraper every 5 years or so.  With the added benefit that you can get a different pattern and/or color film if you're feeling artistic.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Why do you need to replace the frame? sliding windows can be lifted out quite easily adjusting the rollers up. 

43 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm not sure I understand the OP's situation. 

If it were me, the first thing I'd be inclined to do is to pull the window out of the frame and turn the sandblasted side inward so it never rains on it.  And if you do splash anything on it, it's a simple cleanup job not not requiring the services of Spiderman. 

I'm also a fan of a frosted vinyl film instead of frosted (sandblasted) glass.  Again, on the inside.  So it's easy to scrape the old film off with a razor scraper every 5 years or so.  With the added benefit that you can get a different pattern and/or color film if you're feeling artistic.

In either situation I need a company in Bangkok that does one of these.

I actually like the mirrored effect of the shiny side on the inside, as it's how the other frosted glass pieces are in the kitchen.

And as it is sandblasted, the vinyl alternative doesn't arise.

Again, if anyone can recommend a window fitter in Bangkok, (even if to remove the pieces and to replace the glass), please let me know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, samtam said:

In either situation I need a company in Bangkok that does one of these.

I agree with that 100%, if only on the liability side.  Hate to read about a foreigner who dropped a pane of glass, killing someone walking below.

Thanks for the clarification.  It all makes sense now, and hopefully someone will chime in with a recommendation.

2 hours ago, samtam said:

My kitchen window which was newly installed in 2020 had some paint dripping on it during the repainting of the condo. The outside is sandblasted, and the company cleaned with turpentine, so that now when it rains it leaves streaks.

Need to replace glass (and frame).

No need to do that. Before going to all that bother you should try various other cleaning agents on the windows. The agents are, in general order of aggressiveness, pure alcohol (easily and cheaply available), acetone  (easily and cheaply available from pharmacies), AAA thinner, one of the other thinners for oil based paints . One of these is likely to clean the oily residue of the windows.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

No need to do that. Before going to all that bother you should try various other cleaning agents on the windows. The agents are, in general order of aggressiveness, pure alcohol (easily and cheaply available), acetone  (easily and cheaply available from pharmacies), AAA thinner, one of the other thinners for oil based paints . One of these is likely to clean the oily residue of the windows.

Thank you. I have passed the information on. They have certainly tried turps, washed with soap and water, window cleaner etc. This cleaned the window of it's paint, but after rain, streaking marks were left, which never happened previously.

8 minutes ago, samtam said:

Thank you. I have passed the information on. They have certainly tried turps, washed with soap and water, window cleaner etc. This cleaned the window of it's paint, but after rain, streaking marks were left, which never happened previously.

Turps is an oily solvent so is likely not to work well. Washing with soap and water or window cleaner is unlikely to be strong enough a degreaser so again is likely to be effective.

Bite the bullet and use a real degreaser as posted above.

The oil is captured by the frosted glass and needs proper degreasing. 

11 minutes ago, Elkski said:

May I ask what floor spiderman is dangling from?  Or more importantly how far down till the hard objects stop the acceleration? 

What’s the problem? The Japanese use the same system cleaning windows on their buildings and they are far higher than any Thai condo.

34 minutes ago, Elkski said:

May I ask what floor spiderman is dangling from?  Or more importantly how far down till the hard objects stop the acceleration? 

The roof is 38th...I'm not far below it.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Turps is an oily solvent so is likely not to work well. Washing with soap and water or window cleaner is unlikely to be strong enough a degreaser so again is likely to be effective.

Bite the bullet and use a real degreaser as posted above.

The oil is captured by the frosted glass and needs proper degreasing. 

The spidermen are still in situ, (well not as I write), but they will have a go tomorrow. They've already had several.