Transgender judge seeks leave to intervene in UK court case over legal definition of ‘woman

Social Media

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm puzzled about the "rights" that refers to. If a gender has "rights" what "rights" do I as a male person have that are different from the "rights" of a female person? Are not the "rights" of humans applicable to both genders? Strange then that I lived so many years and never realised I had any "rights" at all, other than the "right" to pay taxes and be discriminated against in a divorce.

I’ll explain it simply to see if you can understand.

A man has the same rights as a woman, for example the same rights to address a court of law. 

Refer your first post above.

Denying someone that right because they are transgender would be an example of denying transgender rights. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

JK Rowling is such a legend, standing up for real women's rights.

Scotland on the other hand has become a parody. Their latest nonsense is "The Hate Monster" creation by Police Scotland. Truly embarrassing. 😄

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/24201997.police-stereotyping-young-working-class-men-hate-crime-campaign/

What happened to impartiality? Having this judge involved in a case on trans issues would be like having a Democrat judge involved in prosecuting Trump. Oh, wait a minute...

How is any of that remotely relevant to topic under discussion?

Read up on amicus curiae.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How is any of that remotely relevant to topic under discussion?

Well JK Rowling was mentioned in the OP and I was offering my opinion on her as a legend for women's rights in a thread about the definition of a woman. 

Secondly, the whole thread is about the judge intervening and I was offering my opinion on his intervention. 

So on the whole, pretty relevant I'd say. 😄

Edited by JonnyF
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 2

7 hours ago, Social Media said:

The group challenges whether transgender women should be considered under the legal definition of "woman" in the legislation aimed at promoting gender balance on public boards.

So if they win then they could reduce the number of legacy women and replace them with "modern women" for "balance"?  This feels like a potential win for the Patriarchy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

The trans movement has been an absolute disaster for women's rights, it's put the movement back decades.

It's ironic how the Wokeists support the right of men to trample on women's rights, ruin women's sport etc. by simply donning a dress and some lipstick. Reminds me of how they support the intolerance shown by certain minority groups in the name of diversity.

Dylan Mulvaney for example, mocks women with his grotesque parody of womanhood, and they love him for it. 😄

Dylan Mulvaney might not be your cup of tea, but then taking a Freudian view, your overt expression of disgust together with your posting history of anti transgender ranting might suggest otherwise.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 6:35 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

By filing an ‘amicus curiae brief’ with the court.

Completely consistent with over 800 years of common law jurisprudence.

That can be the way in but that may still not be appropriate for this case. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 6:06 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

The question of whether they can live like the opposite gender is a different matter

I am intrigued. How does one live like the opposite sex? 

Sex is biological? Gender is just a word. 

Edited by VocalNeal