Jail time to return for Cannabis players as PM describes the trade as a threat to Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, JackGats said:

He may be telling the French what the French want to hear. The French (a timorous lot with no balls nowadays alas) are "worried" about cannabis liberalisation in Germany too. The difference is, the German premier is not going to promise re-criminalisation on a French channel just so that the French give him kudos.

What we need is more major countries pulling the plug on prohibition so that prohibition countries feel increasingly isolated.

1 hour ago, ronster said:

Guess he didn't speak to any German politicians then 😄

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Meanwhile in Germany:

Cannabis users 'will have a new place within our society': Germany prepares to legalise home cultivation

Meanwhile in Germany today....

I guess it's all about planning, discussion, implementation.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Baba Naba said:

It's going to be a bitch trying to get that Genie back in the bottle if not impossible. The PM needs to do a little research on the benefits of cannabis, let alone the tax revenue!  But you can't fix stupid....

Its about the kids ! Kids gain access to it ! 

Thai Govt would have a difficult time in keeping weed out of young children's hands!  Example:The authorities cant even enforce a helmet law .

“Physical symptoms of cannabis use include restlessness or lethargy, abdominal pain, and severe nausea and vomiting while mental health issues are depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and behaviors, and severe aggressive behavior”.Apr 1, 2566 BE

https://he02.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/simedbull/article/view/260132#:~:text=Physical symptoms of cannabis use,behaviors%2C and severe aggressive behavior.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

Does this seem spineless? It was just me or is he like clueless? Who do you think is really pulling all the strings here TIT

It would seem, not the puffers that smell like a farmyard......😝

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I wish I kept track of all the posters on here who were constantly bashing the previous government and are now bashing this one, too. 

So what's your point?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

The legalisation of weed in Thailand was done much the same way all of their important decisions seem to be made. Which is of course, with no proper due diligence, no thought process about the implementation, no care given to timelines and how thigs will roll out.

Legal weed isn't the problem. The problem is the way everything is done there. There's no freaking plan! Everything is done in an off the cuff half-arsed way. The only wonder is that some things actually work.

Canada legalized weed. Where's the problems there? Crickets....it's called planning.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

I see recreational drugs, tobacco, now cannabis, as having young Thai men, some that are still kids, as main users.

They start early morning to come get their bottle of cannabis, hemp products, cigarette in the mouth, as these immature men need something like that to make them feel part of a crowds, and feel like men. And a lot of money is spent on these products. Just one seller close by here, bought a new Honda car, and a new motorbike as well.

Men that are already immature, not wanting to take responsibility for their actions, even responsibility for children that they father along.

Now the number of cannabis shops are on a course to surpass the number of 7-11 shops.

I do not see anything good coming out of that in Thailand.

Perhaps the government had good intentions at the onset of the liberalization of cannabis, and what they see makes them question their first decision...

Hm,...Not the same government.

8 hours ago, JackGats said:

He may be telling the French what the French want to hear. The French (a timorous lot with no balls nowadays alas) are "worried" about cannabis liberalisation in Germany too. The difference is, the German premier is not going to promise re-criminalisation on a French channel just so that the French give him kudos.

What we need is more major countries pulling the plug on prohibition so that prohibition countries feel increasingly isolated.

As of today I heard on the radio, it's legal in Germany ! and I hope it's not a April joke !?

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The world would be a better place without drugs.

But lets look at reality. What do you think will the above mentioned users do if cannabis is illegal? Will they just stop taking it or any other drugs? Or is it more likely that at least some of them will take illegal drugs?

There are lots of problems with illegal drugs, this is why they made some of them legal.

I’m in a mixed mind. I agree the world would be better without , and that there are a lot of problems with drugs. 
I honestly believe the legalization of cannabis was very badly thought out, and it sent a very bad message to the whole world !! The last few years ,IMO, has had a rise in a huge amount of thugs/ thieves/ dealers and crazies on big bikes. Thailand has the reputation that anything and everything goes. Where some western places like Amsterdam handles it properly and quite strictly, it still attracts people wanting a cannabis cafe. Added to the age old reputation for prostitution, Thailand is now considered a drugs haven. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

“Physical symptoms of cannabis use include restlessness or lethargy, abdominal pain, and severe nausea and vomiting while mental health issues are depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and behaviors, and severe aggressive behavior”.Apr 1, 2566 BE

https://he02.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/simedbull/article/view/260132#:~:text=Physical symptoms of cannabis use,behaviors%2C and severe aggressive behavior.

I tried smoking it a few times in the UK when I was younger and also in Nigeria, and I couldn't see what other people saw in it because it either made me very hungry, sleepy and sometimes giggly. Not something I took to at all.

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Yep.Thaksin is behind  the scene but so is the army and police. Much more money to be put into pockets if dope becomes illegal again. Yabba will spike and the pockets of the generals, cops and judges will start filling up faster. Just like the good ol' days.

Exactly D...Thats whats in the future. The BIB want it illegal for more backhanders.So obvious!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Seriously, the cat is out of the bag, and it will be impossible to put it back in. No black market, means no corruption. How many people are getting rich off of the illegal beer industry? Exactly! Regulate it, tax it, and use the tax dollars to help the people of Thailand. They can start with the dangerous and ugly communication wires that don Thailand like lights on a Christmas tree. Roads and litter could also use some attention. And lets not forget smokey season. Yeah, bad cannabis, bad, very bad.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Baba Naba said:

It's going to be a bitch trying to get that Genie back in the bottle if not impossible. The PM needs to do a little research on the benefits of cannabis, let alone the tax revenue!  But you can't fix stupid....

It's impossible to put the genie back into the bottle. Thailand already created a weed/CBD culture. People who understand and like these products will not accept the end of this industry. I belive that at the end what will happen is that most shops will be linked to Thai traditional doctors nearby who can write prescriptions for medical usage for anyone.

You just claim that you are suffering from some misterious headaches...That's it.

• Agree 1