Foreigners among World Central Kitchen staff killed in Israeli strike

Braverman: Israel 'absolutely not' in breach of international law
Israel is "absolutely not" in breach of international humanitarian law, former home secretary Suella Braverman has said.

Ms Braverman, on a visit to the country, told the BBC the suggestion is "absurd" and "an insult to Israel".

She added: "The suggestion itself is absurd and, frankly, an insult to Israel who have been going above and beyond the necessary requirements to ensure that civilian casualties are limited, to ensure that aid is received onto the Gaza Strip and distributed.

"I have seen evidence myself, in terms of very up-to-date photographic evidence, of plentiful food packages and trucks of food, water and medicines getting to the people of Gaza."

https://news.sky.com/story/politics-latest-uk-politics-sunak-starmer-general-election-vote-labour-tories-speaker-sky-news-politics-hub-12593360?postid=7479501#liveblog-body

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The three-point announcement to ease aid flows into Gaza represents the most significant move by Israel since this conflict began six months ago.

It also starkly undermines Israel's own oft-repeated assertion that it has not blocked or impeded aid movement into Gaza.

It follows a call between President Joe Biden and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

https://news.sky.com/story/israels-decision-to-ease-aid-flows-into-gaza-is-an-incredibly-significant-move-13108130

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Former supreme court judges say UK arming Israel breaches international law | Israel-Gaza war | The Guardian

Suella Braverman is a bigot who was kicked out of the government for various violations. She is not a lawyer to make such stupid biased statement.

As per article above, three former supreme court justices, including the court’s former president Lady Hale, are among more than 600 lawyers, academics and retired senior judges warning that the UK government is breaching international law by continuing to arm Israel.

Suella Braverman is a bigot who was kicked out of the government for various violations. She is not a lawyer to make such stupid biased statement.

Actually she is also an excellent barrister (lawyer to you) and also served as  Attorney General for England and Wales and advocate general for Northern Ireland.

44 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

You lot always ungrateful and bite the hands that feed or even arm you.

Me ?

You mean me personally ?

What is that in reference to ?

When have I been "ungrateful and bite the hand that feeds me " ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually she is also an excellent barrister (lawyer to you) and also served as  Attorney General for England and Wales and advocate general for Northern Ireland.

Suella Braverman has been sacked as home secretary, after she defied No 10 over an article accusing the Metropolitan Police of bias in the policing of protests.

Mrs Braverman was accused of stoking tension ahead of protests in London.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-67401753

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Suella Braverman has been sacked as home secretary, after she defied No 10 over an article accusing the Metropolitan Police of bias in the policing of protests.

Off topic. What's that got to do with the post I was replying to saying she was not a lawyer? Nothing. She is a lawyer and was the Attorney General before also

29 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Suella was removed from her post after she stated that the UK police are strict when the Right wing marches , but are soft when the Left wing marches .

Her claim was that the UK Police are biased towards the Left wing marchers 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Suella was removed from her post after she stated that the UK police are strict when the Right wing marches , but are soft when the Left wing marches .

She was sacked, yes?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

'Things have gone far too far' - Former foreign secretary Jack Straw | Israel-Hamas War
Jack Straw tells Sir Trevor Phillips that he supports a halt to arms exports to Israel because 'I think things have gone far too far'. He goes on to say that 'there isn't in my view any doubt at all that Israel is breaching international law'

https://news.sky.com/video/things-have-gone-far-too-far-former-foreign-secretary-jack-straw-israel-hamas-war-13107962

Jack Straw, he's got history re Hamas right?

Jack Straw hints he was sacked for wanting Hamas talks

Former British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw has hinted that his removal may have been down to a willingness to talk to Hamas.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/11/19/jack-straw-hints-he-was-sacked-for-wanting-hamas-talks

9 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

She was sacked, yes?

What is the difference between being "sacked" and being  "removed from their post" .

(There is another poster on here who keeps saying "No, you're wrong" and just says the same thing again just using different words)

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What is the difference between being "sacked" and being  "removed from their post" .

(There is another poster on here who keeps saying "No, you're wrong" and just says the same thing again just using different words)

So she was removed from her post as Home Secretary, yes?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

You seem to be trying to pick an argument about which word to use .

Either word can be used . 

Both words mean the same thing .

The UK has had six Home sectaries in six years , the person employed as H.S changed regularly  

• Like 1

Regardless of who did what, who started it, who retaliated, who didn't look before firing, etc....the aid workers entered a war zone. People die in war zones. 

The headline make people dying in war zones out to be a shock. It's not.

46 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

39 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

37 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

She was sacked, yes?

24 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

20 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The UK has had six Home sectaries in six years , the person employed as H.S changed regularly  

You said, "I seem to be trying to pick an argument", really?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

You said, "I seem to be trying to pick an argument", really?

Yes , you are trying to pick an argument about what word to use , when both words mean the same thing .

("Sacked" is British slang and I try not to use British slang words when communicating as some people will not know what the slang word means )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Israel had a lot of the worlds sympathy and understanding after the October 7th massacre.

Their government has squandered it by what they have done since and are now becoming a pariah state across the world. Even President Biden has seemingly given them a stern warning/rebuke in the last day or so.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-68738452?src_origin=BBCS_BBC

When you pizz off you largest supporter, either you are on a course to self destruction (which IMHO, Israel is on under Netanyahu) or your leadership is certifiably crazy and needs replacing now.

When your leadership sanctions political assassinations such as killing an Iranian general in a 3rd country. you have to understand that there will be a payback coming sooner or later.

When your leadership authorises assassinations of innocent civilians such as the 7 staff of the of the WCK you know that your country is in deep trouble.

When fewer and fewer people worldwide don't believe any propaganda put out by your government or its military, you know your country is in big trouble.

When hundreds of thousands of protestors in countries world wide including Israel itself, go on the streets to protest, you know your country is in big trouble.

I call B.S. The River to the Sea brigade were protesting immediately after October 7, many celebrating it, well before there was any response from Israel.

Anyway, it's been obvious to me from the start that this was the Hamas plan. Bait Israel into a ferocious response, maximize their own civilian casualties, and take the win though P.R.

It worked better than they could have hoped for in their wildest dreams.

Yes Israel because they're still stuck with that horrible Netanyahu took the bait to a higher level than a more moderate Israeli leader would have done, but any Israeli leader would have responded as would any leader in any other country so attacked.

As far as your definitive conclusions about what how the food kitchen workers got targeted, those conclusions can't honestly be taken as fact at the moment. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Danny Australia said:

You are missing the point though. The WCK staff were literally hunted down from car to car over a period of time despite:

• Being in a declared noncombatant zone
  • Having had their exact movements, satellite coordinates and location communicated clearly to IDF
  • Clearly marked cars with WCK's large logo on the roofs and sides of all cars in the convoy. 
  • They called the IDF after first strike but were subsequently hit twice more.

The point is this was not an accident at all. 'People die in war zone' statement is just a smoke screen to justify a heinous cowardly attack which has zero justification or room for error.

Could you answer my question?

"Me ?

You mean me personally ?

What is that in reference to ?

When have I been "ungrateful and bite the hand that feeds me " ?"

55 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

F.Y.I.

On 29 April 2018, Amber Rudd resigned as Home Secretary after misleading the Home Affairs Select Committee on deportation targets.

Javid resigned as Chancellor during the February 2020 cabinet reshuffle after refusing a demand from Johnson and his chief adviser Dominic Cummings that he dismiss his advisers, and was succeeded by Rishi Sunak.

Pritti Patel was found to have breached the Ministerial Code in relation to incidents of bullying. Following the resignation of Johnson and subsequent election of Liz Truss as Prime Minister, Patel resigned as Home Secretary on 6 September 2022.

Suella Braverman was sacked by the prime minister because she sent an official document from her personal email to a fellow MP, in a serious breach of ministerial rules.

In October 2022, amid a government crisis, Truss appointed Shapps as Home Secretary, replacing Suella Braverman. His six-day tenure made Shapps the shortest-serving Home Secretary in British political history. 

Suella Braverman, 2nd term.

In Sunak's cabinet reshuffle on 13 November 2023, James Cleverly was appointed Home Secretary, succeeding Suella Braverman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Secretary#List_of_home_secretaries

Edited by Jeff the Chef
Added link.

5 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

On 29 April 2018, Amber Rudd resigned as Home Secretary after misleading the Home Affairs Select Committee on deportation targets.

Javid resigned as Chancellor during the February 2020 cabinet reshuffle after refusing a demand from Johnson and his chief adviser Dominic Cummings that he dismiss his advisers, and was succeeded by Rishi Sunak.

Pritti Patel was found to have breached the Ministerial Code in relation to incidents of bullying. Following the resignation of Johnson and subsequent election of Liz Truss as Prime Minister, Patel resigned as Home Secretary on 6 September 2022.

Suella Braverman was sacked by the prime minister because she sent an official document from her personal email to a fellow MP, in a serious breach of ministerial rules.

In October 2022, amid a government crisis, Truss appointed Shapps as Home Secretary, replacing Suella Braverman. His six-day tenure made Shapps the shortest-serving Home Secretary in British political history. 

In Sunak's cabinet reshuffle on 13 November 2023, James Cleverly was appointed Home Secretary, succeeding Suella Braverman.

Better to get back on topic , the post breaks numerous forum rules .

No link 

Only post first three sentences of articles . 

Off topic

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Better to get back on topic , the post breaks numerous forum rules .

No link 

Only post first three sentences of articles . 

Off topic

As I said, F.Y.I., added link.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

For years, Israel has been engaging in clandestine operations against Iran, targeting its leaders, scientists, infrastructure, and global interests.

Iran possesses the capability to decimate Israel within hours, yet they exhibit strategic restraint, focusing on their ultimate goal (The Nuclear Bomb). Their patience may soon bear fruit when they ultimately acquire nuclear capabilities.

While not necessarily fond of the Iranian regime as such, it's conceivable that they could become humanity's last resort in containing the region’s pariah state.

With Iran's inevitable imminent acquisition of nuclear deterrence, the once ferocious "mad dog" may well be tamed into a fluffy cat.

Your avatar, should it not say "Free Palastine of Hamas".................:intheclub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

F.Y.I.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Secretary#List_of_home_secretaries

Right , I posted that there were six Home Sectaries in six years and you posted back to me telling me the same thing ?

Was you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me ?

Seems odd that you would post the same thing in agreement with me , as I had already stated it .

Are you just still looking for an argument ?