Big Joke still laughing: Royal Thai Police delay investigation

webfact

The RTP does not exactly have a sterling record when it comes to investigating itself. These guys know that they're above the law and I don't expect the joke to be convicted, though I'm quite sure of his guilt.

When it comes to the RTP I think that it's always fair to say guilty by association, and guilty until proven innocent. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

At present, the 53 year old is serving in an inactive post, following orders from Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin, who also sidelined National Police Chief Torsak Sukvimol.

Prayuth was better.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I'm quite sure of his guilt.

Wow! I think you'll find that the investigating people will want to talk to you about your information & its sources ...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I still can't figure out why this internal fight, between Hapkarn and Sukvimol, over who gets the biggest slice of the take, has been allowed to bubble over into the public domain.

Normally a powerful arbiter would have brought both men in and settled things once and for all. Clearly, the PM isn't up to the task, and there may not be anyone powerful enough who wants to get involved.

The longer this goes on, especially if it doesn't result in charges, only further tarnishes the reputation of the RTP.  I think public respect for the police is polling at 15%.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Two issues require consideration. Firstly, an investigation into the allegations against Big Joke, which reportedly involves money laundering associated with the online gambling site, BNK Master. Secondly, a disciplinary charge that necessitates a committee review.

A 3rd consideration is if he is provoked he may open the lid an an even larger can of worms... that may be even more embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

I still can't figure out why this internal fight, between Hapkarn and Sukvimol, over who gets the biggest slice of the take, has been allowed to bubble over into the public domain.

Normally a powerful arbiter would have brought both men in and settled things once and for all. Clearly, the PM isn't up to the task, and there may not be anyone powerful enough who wants to get involved.

The longer this goes on, especially if it doesn't result in charges, only further tarnishes the reputation of the RTP.  I think public respect for the police is polling at 15%.

Rather generous of you. Put a decimal point between the 1 and the 5 and that would be more like it IMO.

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

How much further can tarnished be tarnished?

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In the meantime, yesterday, lawyer and activist Sittra Biabungkerd provided information regarding financial transactions connected to illegal businesses involving three police officers, including Pol. Gen. Torsak, to Move Forward Party leader Chaithawat Tulathon

What? This whole story is getting weirder by the day. Why would the head of the police of Thailand send money to the Move Forward party leader?

• Confused 1

He'll be retiring somewhere overseas with a nice little nest egg and a bunch of money to stay stum. Charges are brought and go through the mock justice system and that will be that. It's very interesting this one. I just hope the military and pollies have lot's of stuff on them bubble to the surface. Top cops are corrupt but the military top echelon are a grade above.

Edited by dinsdale

8 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Nothing that a few committees and subcommittees  won't cover up.

regards worgeordie

by the time that was organised, the parties to be investigated will probably be well retired, out to pasture and out of harm's way.