Trans athletes should be allowed to play women's sports, South Carolina coach Dawn Staley

Social Media

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's not as easy as that. Can you imagine if the Olympics had 3 categories instead of 2 for every event? It would drag on for an extra 8 days. If they wanted separate categories for trans men as well as trans women that's an extra 16 days.

For what? To appease a tiny minority who are already able to compete against people the same sex as them. 

Storm in a tea cup, I doubt very much there would be enough transgender athletes in any sport to comprise an Olympic competition.

But don’t let that stop you getting angry over something that is very likely never going to happen.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Social Media said:

principles of inclusivity and equality, advocating for equal opportunities for all athletes

Except the female athletes, who would have unequal opportunities and have their inclusion limited... 🙄

Perhaps I should explain quickly while I have time to edit, since someone is apparently confused by the above.

If people with male bodies are allowed to compete in women's' sports, they have an advantage over people with female bodies.  This means the opportunities of those people with female bodies, as well as their inclusion within the sport, is not equal to that of the people with male bodies, as, with their advantage, they will dominate the people with female bodies, scoring more, having control of the ball for longer, progressing further, and so on.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Just add a category for transgender.

And make them compete in the Paralympics.

But seriously, if I was competing would they put me in a special category if I was suffering from some mental illness?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think I’m one of those that agrees sport should be open to anyone who wants to take part.

For once I am in complete agreement with you.  The mens competition is already fully open to men who dress up as women, but for the sake of "inclusivity" the mens competition can be re-branded to "open" where anyone can compete, even legacy women who are bigger, faster, stronger than actual men that you refer to.   The women's competition remains open to only women. 

Such a simple solution that pleases everybody*

*except for mediocre male athletes who have no chance of winning anything when competing against fellow males.

• Sad 1

Just now, James105 said:

For once I am in complete agreement with you.  The mens competition is already fully open to men who dress up as women, but for the sake of "inclusivity" the mens competition can be re-branded to "open" where anyone can compete, even legacy women who are bigger, faster, stronger than actual men that you refer to.   The women's competition remains open to only women. 

Such a simple solution that pleases everybody*

*except for mediocre male athletes who have no chance of winning anything when competing against fellow males.

Or just add a few more activities and save all the flush faced bulging vein outrage.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Or just add a few more activities and save all the flush faced bulging vein outrage.

What outrage?  Has somebody been on the sauce already?  Open and womens categories are all that is needed.   There are only 2 sexes so there only needs to be 2 categories.  It obviously cannot be based on "gender" as last time I looked there is an unknown amount of genders and there could be more than 100 now.   So it has to be based on sex but for inclusivity sake (which I'm sure is something you salivate about) we call one of the categories open.   Problem solved.  

26 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes good idea,let Mike Tyson grow a set of titties and let him box against women!

Do you see how ridiculous this is?

Don't think there are any trans men in men's sports, as they know they can't compete or win, so why bother.   Trans women in women's sport will dominate, or should.  If not, they're really losers.

Men go trans woman, so they can win, since they can't in men's sports.  That seems to be a bit obvious.  Since they've repeatedly lost so many time in men's sports.

I won 1st place by beating a girl half my size  ...  how does that boost your ego.   Aside from stealing product endorsements they, the real women deserved.

Worse than that scumbag. lance armstrong and his tactics for couple decades.

Sporting bodies (high school, college, Olympics) have existing rules regarding gender participation.

I'm surprised that so many here seem to think we can't manage athletics or restrooms.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/wisconsin-governor-vetoes-transgender-high-school-athletics-ban-rcna146060

WIAAtransgenderpolicy.pdf

https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2022/1/27/transgender-participation-policy.aspx

I am trying off the top of my head to think of any sports where men and women could compete together at an elite level and not have the women be wiped out. Archery perhaps? Shooting? Bowling? 

The problem happens when money or opportunities enter the picture. Women lose both to greedy and conscience-free men who don't have what it takes to win in their own lane.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I am trying off the top of my head to think of any sports where men and women could compete together at an elite level and not have the women be wiped out. Archery perhaps? Shooting? Bowling? 

The problem happens when money or opportunities enter the picture. Women lose both to greedy and conscience-free men who don't have what it takes to win in their own lane.

darts or sweing

19 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Do we have a verifiable transcript, because I see absolutely nothing wrong with this statement:

We need the actual question and the full response.

It's available... google would help you... what an asinine post.

12 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Sporting bodies (high school, college, Olympics) have existing rules regarding gender participation.

I'm surprised that so many here seem to think we can't manage athletics or restrooms.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/wisconsin-governor-vetoes-transgender-high-school-athletics-ban-rcna146060

WIAAtransgenderpolicy.pdf

https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2022/1/27/transgender-participation-policy.aspx

The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) banned transgender athletes from competing in women’s sports on Monday.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, jvs said:

Yes good idea,let Mike Tyson grow a set of titties and let him box against women!

Do you see how ridiculous this is?

Don't need implants, just have to say you're a woman now.  Compete, win, get the product endorsement.  

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) banned transgender athletes from competing in women’s sports on Monday.

And this is the way it should be. Sports governing bodies making the rules.

The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics announced a policy Monday that all but bans transgender athletes from competing in women's sports at its 241 mostly small colleges across the country.

The NAIA Council of Presidents approved the policy in a 20-0 vote at its annual convention in Kansas City, Missouri. The NAIA, which oversees some 83,000 athletes competing in more than 25 sports, is believed to be the first college sports organization to take such a step.

https://www.npr.org/2024/04/08/1243548261/naia-transgender-athlete-sports-ban

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps tge limit of your own sporting experience.

Nah as a  sprog to 16yrs  old 100-200m +400m relay,  then table tennis daily .I did win a  prize for the most pegs on 1  hand  once at the fair, Uncle was  grass track champion for years  back in the 1950's 60's  Bill Evans, used to fly Lancasters  in the war

image.thumb.png.e6b8de1fd3c726cbc0e8163d65674e86.png

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Chess

10 hours ago, frank83628 said:

darts or sweing

Actually men are better at darts (and many other non physical sports) due to concentration levels (single tasking), spatial awareness, judgement of distance etc.

https://www.mdx.ac.uk/news/2023/02/linda-duffy-darts-psychology#:~:text=ex-darts pro-,Men are 'better at throwing sports due to concentration skills,academic and ex-darts pro&text=Men are often better than,one darts player turned psychologist.

Men and Women are just different. Physically, Psychologically etc. That's why sports have been separated since the beginning of sports. Progressives always want to change things, even if it's for the worse. They seem to be taking race relations back about 5 decades at the moment with Critical Race Theory and Identity Politics. 

Back to sports that could be mixed sex, perhaps they could introduce a sport which involves multi tasking mundane jobs? Or possibly some kind of 48 hour endurance arguing contest? Women could probably dominate that 😃.

• Haha 2