Trans athletes should be allowed to play women's sports, South Carolina coach Dawn Staley

Social Media

On 4/8/2024 at 9:07 AM, JonnyF said:

Cisgender women? What a revolting term. :sick:  Why not just call them real women, since that is what they are.

Used plain simple "woman" no need for "real" when not real use trans woman, its  all rather stupid isnt it.

I might be on the wrong side of this issue, but here goes....

In 2023 there were 217 high school male sprinters in the US whose times were faster than the 2020 Women's Olympic 100 meter Gold Medal Winner. That is just in the US.

When I was sprinting in university, I could have qualified for the Olympics in the 100-meter.....albeit as a female. As a male, the officials would have been in my way on the track as I finished or already be setting up for the hurdles. "Oh wait! There's one more guy coming!"

I am not of the opinion that trans is a mental illness, as the human brain is wildly complex and can develop in different ways depending on a host of factors. Random chance should not be held against anyone, as they had no more control over their mental identity than one has over eye color or race. (I do think, however, that there is currently a fad element to the discussion, as pendulums do what pendulums do, sometimes swinging farther than reality dictates.)

I love competition. I love fair competition. It seems to me a bit unfair to women that a guy who can run 10.1 in the 100 meters---not good enough to be elite in the Men's Division---can undergo procedures that allow participation with women who are world class if they run 10.8

Here are the qualifying standards for the 2024 Paris Olympics, by gender.

https://olympics.com/en/news/athletics-paris-2024-entry-standards

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I am not of the opinion that trans is a mental illness, as the human brain is wildly complex and can develop in different ways depending on a host of factors.

A lot of the problem is  lumping in lgtbq+ whatever it  is  this  week, liking someone of the opposite  sex and wanting to be the opposite  sex are totally different things.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I might be on the wrong side of this issue, but here goes....

In 2023 there were 217 high school male sprinters in the US whose times were faster than the 2020 Women's Olympic 100 meter Gold Medal Winner. That is just in the US.

When I was sprinting in university, I could have qualified for the Olympics in the 100-meter.....albeit as a female. As a male, the officials would have been in my way on the track as I finished or already be setting up for the hurdles. "Oh wait! There's one more guy coming!"

I am not of the opinion that trans is a mental illness, as the human brain is wildly complex and can develop in different ways depending on a host of factors. Random chance should not be held against anyone, as they had no more control over their mental identity than one has over eye color or race. (I do think, however, that there is currently a fad element to the discussion, as pendulums do what pendulums do, sometimes swinging farther than reality dictates.)

I love competition. I love fair competition. It seems to me a bit unfair to women that a guy who can run 10.1 in the 100 meters---not good enough to be elite in the Men's Division---can undergo procedures that allow participation with women who are world class if they run 10.8

Here are the qualifying standards for the 2024 Paris Olympics, by gender.

https://olympics.com/en/news/athletics-paris-2024-entry-standards

So just add another category.

Job’s a good ‘un!

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 7:15 AM, JonnyF said:

Because no doubt the open categories would demand the same amount of prize money, media coverage etc. when in reality it would be a handful of transwomen that aren't good enough to compete in the men's category.

Events like Wimbledon have enough trouble getting through all the matches already, without pandering to the wishes of a tiny minority by introducing a third category. 

Plus then you'd have the likes of BBC Sport pushing trans sport like they do now with the WSL etc. Nothing worse than clicking on "Chelsea beat Man Utd" to find out they're actually talking about the women's game and the score was 12-0 including 3 own goals. 😃

Your views, outdated as they are, on women's football drags your comment down.

13 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Nah as a  sprog to 16yrs  old 100-200m +400m relay,  then table tennis daily .I did win a  prize for the most pegs on 1  hand  once at the fair, Uncle was  grass track champion for years  back in the 1950's 60's  Bill Evans, used to fly Lancasters  in the war

image.thumb.png.e6b8de1fd3c726cbc0e8163d65674e86.png

Bike looks like a Norton single.

3 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

A lot of the problem is  lumping in lgtbq+ whatever it  is  this  week, liking someone of the opposite  sex and wanting to be the opposite  sex are totally different things.

Yes. And most LGBQ people are getting pretty sick and tired of these trans activist crack pots damaging the gay communities hard earned respect. 

Genuine trans people we respect, but these social media woke clueless angry people are a disgrace. 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Used plain simple "woman" no need for "real" when not real use trans woman, its  all rather stupid isnt it.

Agree in principle. 

But if you just use "woman", you get all the "trans women are women" garbage. 

9 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

No, it isn't. 

Even grass roots level sport involves making a profit.

I’ve organized dozens of Amateur cycle racing events and a handful events that were listed in the National Cycling Calendar.

Non made a profit or were required to make a profit.

A brief reading on the matter of government funding to grass roots sports will give you a clue, however ass roots sports is not a profit enterprise.

12 minutes ago, James105 said:

How many categories though?  There are 72 genders according to https://www.medicinenet.com/what_are_the_72_other_genders/article.htm.   Is it fair (for example) for someone who is "Esspigender" to compete against "Genderblanks"?  Have any studies been carried out on this? 

So 72 categories is probably too many, so maybe (and just thinking aloud here) the categories should be based on the immutable biological sex of the individual - of which there are 2. 

As many as turn up.

I doubt it will be every 72.

But of course feel free to exclude anyone from sports, even if we are told excluding people isn’t a thing.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As many as turn up.

I doubt it will be every 72.

But of course feel free to exclude anyone from sports, even if we are told excluding people isn’t a thing.

Nice bit of pearl clutching there, but if the categories were just based on biological sex and there were 2 of them, who exactly is being "excluded" here?  If we take another example from the list, the "Deliciagender", are you suggesting that person does not have a biological sex and would be excluded on that basis? 

Just now, James105 said:

Nice bit of pearl clutching there, but if the categories were just based on biological sex and there were 2 of them, who exactly is being "excluded" here?  If we take another example from the list, the "Deliciagender", are you suggesting that person does not have a biological sex and would be excluded on that basis? 

Says angry guy auto stroking the culture war grievances he’s been fed.

As a fit healthy man, I could identify as being disabled and go abd win at the paralympics.  Or, identify as a kid and go win all the medals at a school sports day.. 

How about I enter my pet greyhound in the 200 meters race as he identifies as a human? 

Where does it end? 

How about having mens and womens sports seperste as they are now, and simply add a third gender class. Trans can compete together against other trans.

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A brief reading on the matter of government funding to grass roots sports will give you a clue, however ass roots sports is not a profit enterprise.

Ass roots sports? I could certainly "get behind" women's involvement in that...😃

Most elite sports revolve around money. Obviously organizing one of your cycles round the park for the local WI group would probably only require costs to be covered. 

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ass roots sports? I could certainly "get behind" women's involvement in that...😃

Most elite sports revolve around money. Obviously organizing one of your cycles round the park for the local WI group would probably only require costs to be covered. 

Never organized any cycle events around any parks.

I did race around Greenwich Park on two occasions, races there were included in National league.

I doubt they made money either.

Elite sport is a tiny fraction of all old port (the term elite is a clue).

Edited by Chomper Higgot

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Never organized any cycle events around any parks.

I did race around Greenwich Park on two occasions, races there were included in National league.

I doubt they made money either.

Elite sport is a tiny fraction of all old port (the term elite is a clue).

Greenwich Park... Lovely. Many a lazy day spent there with Uni friends having a cheeky joint, and only a short walk to The Princess of Wales overlooking the common.

It really depends what you call Elite sport. I would classify it as either Pro or Amateur. Pro sport focuses on profit, the clue is in the name. However, I wouldn't support biological men competing against women in amateur sport either. We need to encourage a level playing field for girls and women, not send them out onto a Rugby field on a Sunday morning with a bloke with an identity crisis that is likely to injure them due to the disparity in physical strength (and possible psychological issues).