Finnish Man Arrested in Patong for Drunk Driving

webfact

On 4/8/2024 at 1:13 AM, Gottfrid said:

No, it´s not. They are doing checks in tourist areas to protect the tourists as they do not want them dead in the news. Also, when doing checks in tourist areas like Patong, Pattaya and so on, the most common to catch are foreigners.

So why don't we see news stories about Thai drink drivers then?

Its quite clear to me that its high season for publicising wrong doings by foreigners and there's a ready audience of Thai 'netizens' waiting to spread these stories all over social media.

2 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

So why don't we see news stories about Thai drink drivers then?

If you read nd think, my post kind of already clarifies that.

They need to start arresting speeders who tailgate people at less than a meter. It’s so insane you see these people on the road and they get a meter behind the guy in front of them. They get out in front and go on to do the exact same thing to the next guy 10 seconds later. They are just in a constant state of car accident inducing behavior because they are sick. They have mental problems. Seriosuly think about it: if you cannot stand to be behind and driver, ever, you must go faster than every other car on the road, there is something seriously wrong with you. Worse than drunk drivers imo and I bet if you calculated the stats speeders cause many more accidents

On 4/8/2024 at 9:26 AM, IamNoone88 said:

.114? I expected a Fin to do much better than. He is almost tea total at that rate.

They kept him in lock up for the night and in the morning gave him breakfast.

A Vodka and a cigarette.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

That is what the sign says. Not me, Thai authourties

Another fvcking stupid post from the drunk driver condoner!

What sign and what does it say?

I suggest you follow what I posted!

Do not drink and drive!

No matter what your interpretation of a (an imaginary) sign is!

PS;  I suggest you also stop drinking and posting dangerous drivel!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Do not drink and drive!

The sign in the photo says เมา ฃับ ซ้าๆ "Drunk drive slowly".

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

The sign in the photo says เมา ฃับ ซ้าๆ "Drunk drive slowly".

I don't care what the sign says!

Only an idiot drives their car with them intending to drink and subsequently drive home!

There are lots of safe transport options for both the intoxicated (now) non driver and the rest of the population!

There is no reason and no excuse to drink and drive!

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I don't care what the sign says!

Only an idiot drives their car with them intending to drink and subsequently drive home!

There are lots of safe transport options for both the intoxicated (now) non driver and the rest of the population!

There is no reason and no excuse to drink and drive!

You accused another poster of being a "drunk driver condoner", but all he did was post a picture of a roadside sign and its English translation.

Edited by chickenslegs
Removed an apostrophe. It's its idiot!
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

You accused another poster of being a "drunk driver condoner", but all he did was post a picture of a roadside sign and its English translation.

I suggest you read the two separate posts from two separate posters regarding the stupid sign and collate my responses in your mind!

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Do not drink and drive!

I don't drink and drive, this is a real sign.

https://pantip.com/topic/39523253

On 4/8/2024 at 7:31 AM, Gottfrid said:

Seems that you are just too deep into the bitter thoughts of how much Thailand is chasing the foreigners, that you lost clear vision.

I'm not sure whether my post quite fits in with what's going on, however the quote above does lead into what I'm going to say........ 

Without a doubt, the police are very lax on pulling up Thai motorbike drivers, especially those that don't have a helmet, and I have witnessed this on so many occasions that I've lost count. In fact on one occasion two Thai guys, without crash helmets, were waiting at traffic lights when a couple of the BIB pulled up alongside of them and completely ignored them, when it would have been so easy to take them to the side of the road and fine them, and this is not an isolated occasion by any means.

Fast forward to today when I was travelling in my car towards Phuket town with my Thai daughter and her mother and there was a traffic stop with police pulling over just about every motorcycle and one of them came up to my drivers side window looked at me and beckoned me over to the side, whilst other Thai drivers were waived on through.

The policeman asked for my international driving permit, and was surprised when I gave him two Thai driving licences, so he let me go. The two Thai ladies in my car had a bit of a chuckle and were discussing the fact that the police were looking out for foreigners and were checking all foreigners driving through the checkpoint, and what surprised me was their next comment, inasmuch as, "it's always been like this" and the reason it would appear is that foreigners are an easy touch for a fine, whereas Thai drivers, especially motorbike drivers, would be almost a waste of time.

I most certainly am not advocating driving whilst under the influence, on any vehicle on the road, which is why I get motorbike taxis to and from the town centre.

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

I suggest you read the two separate posts from two separate posters regarding the stupid sign and collate my responses in your mind!

There are no other posts regarding the sign. Just yours, mine, and @PoorSucker who posted the photo.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 5:37 AM, ChipButty said:
On 4/8/2024 at 4:32 AM, EVENKEEL said:

10K should have handled it. Note to self......when drinking and driving carry some cash.

More like 40,000 baht in Phuket

30,000 in Chiang Mai

I thought it excessive but ... 😆 ...  not a friend.