Am looking for new dTac SIM - 30 Mbps - Unlimited download - 1 year

Hi, I currently have a 30 Mbps dTac SIM with unlimited download (bought last year from Lazada or Shopee).

It is the perfect SIM-card for me (I use my mobile as hotspot for my laptop, and can download at approx 20 Mbps and have no problems streaming HD-movies).

Unfortunately that SIM card will expire in 1 week (18 april), so I am looking for a new 1-year dTac unlimited download SIM. 

Since last year the prices of these unlimited download SIMs seem to have approx doubled, but the price is not the issue for me. 

When looking on Lazada and Shopee (those unlimited SIMs are only available when bought on-line) I see that the 15 Mbps SIMs are still available, but it looks like the 30 Mbps ones, are sold out or not available anymore. 

Note that on Lazada there are 4 semi-identical ads/offers for such a dTac 30 Mbps SIM.  But at approx 1050,- THB those offers are probably 'too good to be true' and it's of course a Big Red Flag that a Thailand dTac SIM would come from abroad... [ https://www.lazada.co.th/products/dtac-30-mbps-unlimited-sim-net-30mbps-1-12-30mbps-mobile2you-i5088939251.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.2.68315775KoSHyO ]

Also: as the search-engine on both Lazada and Shopee is not very good, maybe they don't show up in my search.

Would be grateful for any response/suggestions re the issue.

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 2

I had exactly the same issue. I reached out to mobile2you with Lazada messaging, they directed me to their line account. They said they no longer sell them on Lazada or Shoppee but I could buy direct from them for 2790 which is exactly what I did.  Quick delivery, a hour to register online with DTAC, I now have another year.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Unfortunately that SIM card will expire in 1 week (18 april), so I am looking for a new 1-year dTac unlimited download SIM. 

Some 1-year dTac cards does not have to expire, you can fill them up at a dTac shop for another year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Hi, I currently have a 30 Mbps dTac SIM with unlimited download (bought last year from Lazada or Shopee).

It is the perfect SIM-card for me (I use my mobile as hotspot for my laptop, and can download at approx 20 Mbps and have no problems streaming HD-movies).

Since last year the prices of these unlimited download SIMs seem to have approx doubled, but the price is not the issue for me. 

When looking on Lazada and Shopee (those unlimited SIMs are only available when bought on-line) I see that the 15 Mbps SIMs are still available, but it looks like the 30 Mbps ones, are sold out or not available anymore. 

Note that on Lazada there are 4 semi-identical ads/offers for such a dTac 30 Mbps SIM.  But at approx 1050,- THB those offers are probably 'too good to be true' and it's of course a Big Red Flag that a Thailand dTac SIM would come from abroad... [ https://www.lazada.co.th/products/dtac-30-mbps-unlimited-sim-net-30mbps-1-12-30mbps-mobile2you-i5088939251.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.2.68315775KoSHyO ]

Also: as the search-engine on both Lazada and Shopee is not very good, maybe they don't show up in my search.

Thanks in advance. 

Let us know if DTAC message you after it expires to offer you the same year deal

27 minutes ago, JayLeno said:

I bought one for 1,300 THB... I don't think it's too good to be true. You just get tons of SMS advertising (and sometimes calls).

This might sound a stupid question but if I put that SIM into my SIM router, rather than a phone/hotspot, would I still get the ads and SMSs?

PS;  For use with a desktop or laptop not connecting to a mobile!

Edited by scottiejohn
PS added.

8 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

This might sound a stupid question but if I put that SIM into my SIM router, rather than a phone/hotspot, would I still get the ads and SMSs?

From what I remember, the sms are received on the sim in the router.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

PS;  For use with a desktop or laptop not connecting to a mobile!

Just contact DTAC and get those advertising sms blocked, also you can block on your phone 

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just contact DTAC and get those advertising sms blocked, also you can block on your phone 

I am asking about using the SIM without any connection to a phone.  I.e.  putting the SIM in a sim router and using that to only connect to laptop/desktop?

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks in advance. 

The picture has "Melon Thai" as the vendor but if you check the advert, the actual vendor is "Sh***g F*" with estimated delivery date of 17-22 April, making me think it's coming from abroad. If you look at "real" Melon Thai adverts they are asking 2590 baht for a 15Mbps unlimited data 1 year sim, with estimated delivery date of 12-17 April.

That's a big red flag to me. I wouldn't buy it.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
typo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I am asking about using the SIM without any connection to a phone.  I.e.  putting the SIM in a sim router and using that to only connect to laptop/desktop?

No, you will not get any calls or SMS via your router SMS.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayLeno said:

I bought one for 1,300 THB... I don't think it's too good to be true. You just get tons of SMS advertising (and sometimes calls).

Interesting, can you provide a link please? I will need a new sim soon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

you also asked about getting ads and sms's or did you forget?

1 hour ago, sungod said:

I had exactly the same issue. I reached out to mobile2you with Lazada messaging, they directed me to their line account. They said they no longer sell them on Lazada or Shoppee but I could buy direct from them for 2790 which is exactly what I did.  Quick delivery, a hour to register online with DTAC, I now have another year.

Thanks, that's most probably what I will do.

But as scubascuba3 wrote, I will wait till it actually expires and see if they do offer me a continuation. 

Note: When my previous 30 Mbps SIM-card expired, I got a message allowing me to buy limited download packages on-line with short expiration date.  So I bought a 3-day package if I recall well, to bridge the time till my new SIM arrived.  

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you also asked about getting ads and sms's or did you forget?

George has now answered my question.

I assumed that people would realise that I did not  want SMS advertising or calls!

1 hour ago, lom said:

Some 1-year dTac cards does not have to expire, you can fill them up at a dTac shop for another year.

Thanks, it is indeed possible to keep the SIM alive by topping it up.  However, these top-ups are regular dTac subscription packages (with limited download) and are considerably more expensive on an annual basis. 

However if it would be possible to keep my SIM with same conditions (i.e. unlimited download at 30 Mbps speed) I would gladly do that. 

It would also avoid me having to inform all my contacts that my number has changed (which is a real pain and imo the main disadvantage of those 1 year SIMs). 

Anyone having done that?  

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks, it is indeed possible to keep the SIM alive by topping it up.  However, these top-ups are regular dTac subscription packages (with limited download) and are considerably more expensive on an annual basis. 

There have been multiple reports on here from those who have been invited to do an annual renewal at the same rate as they paid for the year just finished.  It's unclear (to me at least) how to know if a current package will qualify or not or if you'll have to go the route you're planning.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Some routers have the ability to send/receive/view SMSs from within their web interface.  You have to go looking for them though rather than being annoyed by their notifications.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, treetops said:

There have been multiple reports on here from those who have been invited to do an annual renewal at the same rate as they paid for the year just finished.  It's unclear (to me at least) how to know if a current package will qualify or not or if you'll have to go the route you're planning.

Thanks, but the rate for a 1-year extension of my current 30 Mbps unlimited download is not the issue.  I am gladly willing to pay double or even triple than the 1500,- THB I paid for my current 1-year SIM, as that would allow me to keep my present phone-number. 

I recall numerous posts from 2-3 years ago, where posters wrote that their dTac office did not provide the extension service at same conditions, and you could only keep your number when subscribing to a limited download package.  Hopefully that has changed. 

Edited by Red Phoenix

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Hopefully that has changed.

Certainly sounds like it, but possibly not for all packages.  Hopefully some of those who have renewed will come across this thread and outline what they experienced.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks, but the rate for a 1-year extension of my current 30 Mbps unlimited download is not the issue.  I am gladly willing to pay double or even triple than the 1500,- THB I paid for my current 1-year SIM, as that would allow me to keep my present phone-number. 

I recall numerous posts from 2-3 years ago, where posters wrote that their dTac office did not provide the extension service at same conditions, and you could only keep your number when subscribing to a limited download package.  Hopefully that has changed. 

you won't lose the phone number when the package expires, it will switch to PAYG, just top up so sim expiry is months ahead. DTAC app shows expiry of sim on front page

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you won't lose the phone number when the package expires, it will switch to PAYG, just top up so sim expiry is months ahead. DTAC app shows expiry of sim on front page

Thanks, but I do not see a link to the specific Sim Expiry Top Up option that I need on the dTac App. 

Looking for a 1-year 30 Mbps unlimited download extension of my current SIM-card.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks, but I do not see a link to the specific Sim Expiry Top Up option that I need on the dTac App. 

Looking for a 1-year 30 Mbps unlimited download extension of my current SIM-card.

you just top up using your banking app or i think you can still use the machines outside 7 Eleven or even inside may be ok.  10-20 baht a top up adds another month.

Also on the DTAC app select refill

Screenshot_2024-04-11-09-43-58-228_th.co.crie.tron2.android~2.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

you just top up using your banking app or i think you can still use the machines outside 7 Eleven or even inside may be ok.  10-20 baht a top up adds another month.

Also on the DTAC app select refill

It's worth a try, but it is very unlikely that a 10-20 THB top-up would provide me with continuation for a month of unlimited download at 30 Mbps speed once my current 1-year SIM's expiry date has arrived.  The top-up would keep the SIM phone-number alive and I could opt for one of their subscription packages, but very much doubt that a simple 10-20 THB  top-up would enable to continue my unlimited downloads/uploads at 30 Mbps speed.  

See also below my contact with dTac re options for my situation.

= = =

This morning I wrote a message to dTac Support on Facebook:

> Hi, I currently have a dTac 1-year 30 Mbps unlimited download SIM which I bought last year at Lazada/Shopee and which will expire soon. Is there an option to extend that SIM with another year with same specifications, i.e. 30 Mbps and unlimited download.
- Four hours later I received following response from dTac:
> Unfortunately, the promotion for 30 Mbps unlimited Internet is applicable with a new SIM only, and the promotion period already ended. 
dTac then wrote ... We have alternatives as follows: ... and provided three different options to extend my 1-year unlimited download SIM, but none of them at 30 Mbps.
* 1 Mbps = 1.926, - THB

* 4 Mbps = 2.675, - THB

* 10 Mbps = 3.745, - THB

= = =

23 hours ago, sungod said:

As it seems there is no way of extending the expiry date of my current 1-year 30 Mbps unlimited download SIM (only possible when opting for a pricy and low Mbps subscription), I will reach out as you recommended to Mobile2you and hope they still have these SIMs in stock.  

The change of number is a pain, but I don't want to settle for a 10 Mbps package at 3.745,- THB (see previous post) just in order to keep my number.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's worth a try, but it is very unlikely that a 10-20 THB top-up would provide me with continuation for a month of unlimited download at 30 Mbps speed once my current 1-year SIM's expiry date has arrived.  The top-up would keep the SIM phone-number alive and I could opt for one of their subscription packages, but very much doubt that a simple 10-20 THB  top-up would enable to continue my unlimited downloads/uploads at 30 Mbps speed.  

See also below my contact with dTac re options for my situation.

= = =

This morning I wrote a message to dTac Support on Facebook:

> Hi, I currently have a dTac 1-year 30 Mbps unlimited download SIM which I bought last year at Lazada/Shopee and which will expire soon. Is there an option to extend that SIM with another year with same specifications, i.e. 30 Mbps and unlimited download.
- Four hours later I received following response from dTac:
> Unfortunately, the promotion for 30 Mbps unlimited Internet is applicable with a new SIM only, and the promotion period already ended. 
dTac then wrote ... We have alternatives as follows: ... and provided three different options to extend my 1-year unlimited download SIM, but none of them at 30 Mbps.
* 1 Mbps = 1.926, - THB

* 4 Mbps = 2.675, - THB

* 10 Mbps = 3.745, - THB

= = =

of course a simple 10-20 baht top up won't extend the 30mbps deal, that's not the idea of it