Big C Extra food court like school dinners experience

scubascuba3

Haha...I didn't quite  see it as that bad.... when I have had a bite to eat there I usually brought it from Big-CX, mostly the bakery. Couple of places nearby to get a good coffee to go with it. It is often pretty busy and with locals, usually a good indication the food is either good or cheap. 

Perhaps the proximity to Arrunothai and a few famous places there?

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not interested in the free water, walked past it, no cups...

duck and some green vegetable on rice slop

55 baht

Klang

Glad to get out of there, a lot of riff raff

I never ate the food there after the first couple times. It was always a meatless dish. Only a coffee from the stand or an ice cream cone from DQ or KFC. The ice cream cones are 20 baht. The coffee is 35 baht I think.

It does not seem like a place many would aspire to retire to. Hopefully, I'm just passing through. For others, it's God's waiting room.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Gods waiting room.

Full of teeth pickers and old men with their sandals off.

Place makes me sick.

I can't sit in these places. The people just give off low class vibes.

You will if you need cheap eats. You will also get used to living at pattaya pad and shuffling in to the food court. You can't eat at 7-11 every day.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Last time I had anything to eat a Big C food court was probably in Chiang Mai.  It wasn't the food I was mainly after tho. 

You could get beer there, not sure if they still do that.  And if you were really thirsty they had beer towers too. 

Haven't been into Big C for about 5 years! 

I went there 20 years ago with my brother and his wife. She and I polished off a beer tower in a grocery store, what a laugh. After 3 days we were driven out of CM by the smoke. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I haven't been for years, went today, school dinner atmosphere, dirty falang new arrivals everywhere, food was like slop, glad i moved on years ago

In the good old days, Chang draft was on offer as well. Probably had to stop for obvious reasons.

9 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I do a weekly shop at Big C Extra. I roll my shopping cart into the food court and grab a quick meal before going home. The atmosphere there is relaxed and pleasant. The food is normal fare for a typical food court. The sellers are lovely and friendly. It is not overcrowded and everyone keeps to themselves. yet this pr**k comes on here suggesting that the "Falang" are dirty and riff-raff. Who does he think he is?

It's a bit nicer in the evening, 7-9pm or so, less crowded. 

Edited by JimTripper
  • Agree 1