Bangkok bus passengers rally to save man’s life during seizure

snoop1130

49 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Did he actually stop breathing?  If not, chest-compressions are a bit risky.

There's so many red flags in this article it's kind of hard to process it.

Some people have seizures every day, sometimes multiple times each day, especially if they decide not to take their medication for one reason or another.

I can understand that those around them are scared but for the person who suffers from epilepsy / whatever it is that causes the seizures it's a day to day thing.

They don't need massaging or their chest pumping, those morons could have killed the poor guy.

Had they left him alone he may well have been ok after a bried period of recovery.

I had a friend who used to fall to the ground and bounce around for a minute or two every now and again while having a few beers, he had epilepsy, he just told us in advance that there's no need to do anything when it happens apart from make sure he doesn't bang his head into a wall while he's seizing......

Edited by ukrules
  • Sad 3

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The video, shared by the handle @double__aa, not only highlighted the prompt actions of the bus driver and the motorcycle rider but also underscored the importance of community spirit in times of crisis.

Well done to all concerned.. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

There's so many red flags in this article it's kind of hard to process it.

Some people have seizures every day, sometimes multiple times each day, especially if they decide not to take their medication for one reason or another.

I can understand that those around them are scared but for the person who suffers from epilepsy / whatever it is that causes the seizures it's a day to day thing.

They don't need massaging or their chest pumping, those morons could have killed the poor guy.

Had they left him alone he may well have been ok after a bried period of recovery.

I had a friend who used to fall to the ground and bounce around for a minute or two every now and again while having a few beers, he had epilepsy, he just told us in advance that there's no need to do anything when it happens apart from make sure he doesn't bang his head into a wall while he's seizing......

Morons? What an idiotic statement. They were trying to help. Maybe not experts on assisting those with a medical problem as you seem to be.😣

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Morons? What an idiotic statement. They were trying to help. Maybe not experts on assisting those with a medical problem as you seem to be.😣

Perhaps "moron" is a bit harsh, but I agree that there are many red flags. Even the title of the article is a red flag. You don't need to be an expert to know that you are not supposed to "massage" a person with a seizure, and you shouldn't do chest compressions unless they start breathing. It sounds like they could have done more harm than good. It could also be a case of poor reporting about his condition; maybe he did actually stop breathing.

Edited by sheldoncollier
  • Confused 1