Phuket’s ‘Russian invasion’ – they’re here to stay

webfact

21 minutes ago, Tedly said:

How are they buying property? I thought foreigners could not buy land, or are they setting up corporations and buying with Thai people? 

Foreigners are allowed to own condos (up to 49% of a building can be owned by foreigners), and I believe they can also own a land lease. 

• Like 1

Since these are mostly young people who can't possibly claim that their income comes from a pension that's already been taxed, I hope the TRD is on the job and raking in billions of Baht in taxes from them.

Edited by Guderian
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Goat said:

Wow this forum is something else.

If a Brit actually does something wrong the apologists are out in force. He can kill a woman nd the excuses come spewing out.

But there is not even an incident reported here, it is just a completely racist thread to bitch about people from a certain country.

Rules applied differently.

A disgrace. 

I wont be posting again today.

It would be interesting to know what they say about other 'farang' tourists and expats in russian-speaking forums concerning Thailand (anyone?).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

I have no problems with Russian tourists staying in Phuket and Pattaya buying up the land houses businesses ect 😱

Just leave  Hua Hin and other areas in  South Thailand  alone for us retired old  Farangs to enjoy 😉 

Put your head in the sand

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

I have no problems with Russian tourists staying in Phuket and Pattaya buying up the land houses businesses ect 😱

Just leave  Hua Hin and other areas in  South Thailand  alone for us retired old  Farangs to enjoy 😉 

If the influx continues, and they do start taking over Hua Hin, you might experience a sudden change of opinion..

• Agree 1

This news report is based on the reporters observations at a shopping mall and hearsay. While yes, there's been a huge influx, I would like to see information based on evidence. Why not interview the Russian community?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, kaufmanski said:

This news report is based on the reporters observations at a shopping mall and hearsay. While yes, there's been a huge influx, I would like to see information based on evidence. Why not interview the Russian community?

I commented earlier already I disagree with the author.

• Haha 1

I have visited Russia and the people were not as described here.  I enjoyed my time spent in Russia as a tourist and believe what I have read here is USA Propaganda which is being used to back up their failures in the USA Foreign Policy as well as their failure in Economic Policy where Russia is doing well even with the USA boycotting most Russian products.  Of course not the ones that are in a shortage in the US.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, VBF said:

Good points there SM.

I haven't been to Phuket in a long time (and will probably never return) but the Russians I've met in Pattaya seem to be boorish, rude, with few social graces.

However, I've worked with Russians in the UK and they were charming, well- educated people.

I guess, like my fellow Brits, there are Russians and there are Russians. 🤔

Right and we need to tell the difference.

• Agree 1

Okay, time to see a few Russians who make a difference. One is my favourite Putin opponent, the very courageous Ekaterina Kotrikadze, journalist who lives in Ukraine.

• Thumbs Up 1