Major police operation underway reports of 'multiple stabbings' at shopping centre Sydney

Social Media

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It is indeed shocking.

It seems Australia, like the UK, too is failing to deal with the crisis of mental health problems on society.

I'm in Sydney right now, easy to go mental when you see the grocery prices and the rents.

Tent cities and rising crime seems the likely future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, stevenl said:

Doesn't matter. Proton has concluded it was an Islamic terrorist, whatever is said by authorities or witnesses or what is shown on cctv will not change his opinion.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Any updates?

None will be given.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Thoughts are with our Australian brothers and sisters today. At least 5 killed while out shopping in a Sydney mall. Apparently a 9 month old baby was one of the stab victims. 

Looking at the video clips it seems highly likely the attacker was another follower of that peaceful religion. 

At least five killed and several in critical condition after Westfield shopping centre attack in Sydney

https://news.sky.com/story/major-police-operation-under-way-after-reports-of-multiple-stabbings-at-shopping-centre-in-sydney-13113923

This wasn't a terror attack, it was a white guy with mental health issues.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-68810428

A knife-wielding man who killed six people in a Sydney shopping centre before being shot dead has been identified by Australian police.

Joel Cauchi, 40, sent the crowded Westfield Bondi Junction complex into panic on Saturday when he began stabbing people with a long blade.

Five women and a man died. Several others, including a baby, were injured.

Authorities said the attack was most likely "related to the mental health" of Mr Cauchi.

Asked whether she believes he was targeting women, New South Wales Police Commissioner Karen Webb told reporters on Sunday it would be "an obvious line of inquiry".

But she added she would not describe the stabbings as an "act of terror", reiterating that police believed there was "no ideological motivation".

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, gearbox said:

I'm in Sydney right now, easy to go mental when you see the grocery prices and the rents.

Tent cities and rising crime seems the likely future.

Shop at Aldi 

You will find some things cheaper than Thailand 

Vitamins , sunscreen, kilos of apples oranges, hot water kettles ,  T shirts etc 

Edited by georgegeorgia

20 hours ago, simon43 said:

Let's wait for further details before we make assumptions.  Witnesses should be able to say whether he was shouting 'Allah' etc.

Facts and details spoil the stirring up of the hatred that some posters have.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Facts and details spoil the stirring up of the hatred that some posters have.

Well, I hate the knife man, whatever his reasons...........😝

17 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why do some people always quote bad stuff from the Bible in these situations?

How often do we see women being stoned, honour killings, terrorist attacks etc. in the 21st century carried out in the name of Christianity? 

This is about a present danger, not one from hundreds or thousands of years ago. 

Probably for the same reasons that people quote the Koran and Mohammed from 1,400 years ago.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Shop at Aldi 

You will find some things cheaper than Thailand 

Vitamins , sunscreen, kilos of apples oranges, hot water kettles ,  T shirts etc 

I do all my shopping at Aldis I just spend 90 AUD per fortnight including wine 

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s a few that have well and truly blown their cover in this thread.

Never had a cover.

Not seen anything yet to change my opinion, except maybe for that case, however I kinda still have doubts about the identity.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

What? Who? I live in a different time where most terrorist attacks are now done by Muslims and terrorist attacks by Whites are unusual.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/unusual

Brandon Russell? The Base? Anders Behring Breivik? John Timothy Earnest? Patrick Crusius?

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

What? Who? I live in a different time where most terrorist attacks are now done by Muslims and terrorist attacks by Whites are unusual.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/unusual

1 minute ago, AreYouGerman said:

So? Recent terrorist attack.

And no, there are no confusing messages here.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

So, was it a terrorist attack now or not? I am getting confusing messages.

The names I quoted; Brandon Russell, The Base,  Anders Behring Breivik, John Timothy Earnest, Patrick Crusius, committed terrorist attacks, yes.

They are all white.

5 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

So it wasn't a terrorist attack. Okay, yeah. It would be unusual for a White guy to do a terrorist attack.

It depends in which country. In the U.S. it's mainly by white guys. In Europe it's mainly by Islamic terrorists (with some notable exceptions).

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

The names I quoted; Brandon Russell, The Base,  Anders Behring Breivik, John Timothy Earnest, Patrick Crusius, committed terrorist attacks, yes.

They are all white.

For me the case is closed as it stands. White guys usually don't commit any terrorism and especially not outside their country in a Muslim country. Some random name don't change that (some of the people you named got prison terms for hanging up posters, not committing murder).

"According to Fondapol, a French think tank, between 1979 and May 2021, at least 48,035 Islamist terrorist attacks took place worldwide, causing the deaths of at least 210,138 people."

• Confused 2