British tourist found dead in drain following pub crawl on notorious 'Death Island'

webfact

i have read on another FB page that the girlfriend has gone to Australia, which seems odd, given the circumstances and reporting of their 10 year relationship etc, i can only assume there has been misreporting somewhere down the line. 

5 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

101 ways to die on death Island 

1. Get completely bladdered drinking buckets of alcohol and suffer a resultant, self-inflicted accident.

2. Shagging, pissed, on the beach in the early hours and bump into the wrong people.

What are the other 99 ways?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

The last big file is +/- ten years back and two Burmese workers were thrown into the slammer and left to rot. That case created a huge collateral damage to tourism and image of Thailand as the only acceptable verdict should have read "mistrial". The two boys, if ever pardoned, will be psychologically damaged for life.

Two Burmese men were convicted, there were no "boys" involved in that case, as a result of which millions of foreign visitors continued to return to Thailand and Koh Tao.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, helloagain said:

It's not called death island for nothing.  I think that's 12 deaths now.

Hmmmmm, isn't New Zealand an island? (Two actually, North & South)..... So how many in total have died on NZ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps Namsod, the monster son of the headman of Sairee Beach is back. He appeared to have been banished, after his serial killing became international news, after the deaths of Hanna and David. Always felt bad for those innocent Burmese lads who were framed for that crime. 

The reality is, when you have amassed a fortune into the hundreds of millions of dollars, from illegal land sales, you are above the law. Any and all laws.

Dark Tao. Visit at your own peril. 

According to a UK journalist his Facebook page reported that he is back on Koh Tao. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Hmmmmm, isn't New Zealand an island? (Two actually, North & South)..... So how many in total have died on NZ?

the rules in Thailand are very lax, i very much doubt people can get as wasted in NZ as they can here, i certainly couldn't in AUS., also KT is tiny, the amount of tourist is 1000's per week, unfortunately some will get in trouble through alcohol and misadventure , like this guy did.

Edited by frank83628
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, ryandb said:

Because it's Tao it'll be suspicious but could be as simple as fell and hit head on a curb while drunk

So where is his phone and how did he get stuffed down a drain? Its almost like he was mugged, died abd they hid the body...hmmm.

Or its suicide according to the RTP.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps Namsod, the monster son of the headman of Sairee Beach is back. He appeared to have been banished, after his serial killing became international news, after the deaths of Hanna and David. Always felt bad for those innocent Burmese lads who were framed for that crime. 

urp

The reality is, when you have amassed a fortune into the hundreds of millions of dollars, from illegal land sales, you are above the law. Any and all laws.

Dark Tao. Visit at your own peril. 

It's a very popular place. I'm surprised more don't die there with the excess boozing and nitrous oxide inhalations.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ricardo99 said:

So where is his phone and how did he get stuffed down a drain? Its almost like he was mugged, died abd they hid the body...hmmm.

Or its suicide according to the RTP.

he wasn't stuffed in anywhere, it is an open stormwater drain, quite a large one too, that is an over active imagination on your part!! there is nothing official to say he even had a phone with him for it to be missing.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paul1804 said:

Another omonous Koh Tao death with possibly unusual circumstances

What was "ominous" and "unusual" about  about a drunk being found dead the morning after a night of buckets of alcohol and no reported suspicious circumstances?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, paul1804 said:

Koh Tao is rather alarming given that some years ago they sent a Police commander to take over investigations due to other unresolved fatalities and he was shot dead at the pier on arrival.

Can you enlarge on that...or provide something that links to it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Safe to assume that the girlfriend had to negotiate the terms of the financial deal with The Mirror that published her story.

I very much doubt that indeed 

I wouldn't, if I were you, that's how the red tops work, they all pay for salacious or intriguing stories.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

nothing has been kept under wraps, it was reported on 2 days after it happened, there was already a thread about it here, it's between the family and embassy and respect should be given to them until the autopsy is done or investigation concluded.

I disagree with you there.  There's a public interest in knowing whether there's an active murderer running around Koh Tao.  They may not solve the case in a month, but they know whether there was foul play by now.

47 minutes ago, Ricardo99 said:

So where is his phone and how did he get stuffed down a drain?

People lose phones easily, and all the time, especially when they're off their heads.  Where did it say that he was "stuffed down a drain"?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because, over the years. many millions have been there and got home safely without one hint of a problem, perhaps.

the island has been extremely busy since before Christmas, 10's of thousands of people come n gone. this is the only death i've heard of in that time, well, there have been numerous motorbike deaths mostly alcohol related.  and lots of emergency evacuations to samui hospital,.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

I disagree with you there.  There's a public interest in knowing whether there's an active murderer running around Koh Tao.  They may not solve the case in a month, but they know whether there was foul play by now.

there isn't, you shouldn't believe everything you read !

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

the island has been extremely busy since before Christmas, 10's of thousands of people come n gone. this is the only death i've heard of in that time, well, there have been numerous motorbike deaths mostly alcohol related.  and lots of emergency evacuations to samui hospital,.

I know.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Generally, I get suspicious when they withhold details like cause of death and autopsy results.  Even a preliminary report of any injuries they found. 

Where has it been reported that the police are "withholding" anything? 

4 hours ago, Olmate said:

Guess its my take on it Ozzie, free cuntry u know! 

Nothing to do with it being a free country, it's all about the type of person you are... simple, easy, hope it's not hard for you to understand.