Kelly Clarkson gets emotional talking to Hillary Clinton about AZ’s abortion ban

Social Media

image.png

Kelly Clarkson became emotional while discussing Arizona's Supreme Court decision to uphold a 1864 abortion ban with Hillary Clinton on "The Kelly Clarkson Show." Clarkson shared her own experiences of pregnancy complications, expressing the profound difficulty she faced and questioning the cruelty of forcing others to endure similar hardships.

“I have been pregnant twice, hospitalized both times. I mean, literally I asked God … to just take me and my son in the hospital the second time, because I was like, it's the worst thing,” Clarkson said. “To make someone go through that? … You don't realize how hard it is.”

Clarkson's raw emotion underscored the deeply personal toll that restrictive abortion laws can have on individuals, particularly those facing life-threatening situations. She highlighted the injustice of denying access to abortion, especially in cases of rape or incest, describing it as "insane" and emphasizing the need to protect women's reproductive rights.

In response, Clinton echoed Clarkson's concerns, condemning the "cruelty" of such bans and criticizing their lack of exceptions for cases of rape or incest. She also pointed out the troubling history of the individual who authored the Arizona law, highlighting his multiple marriages and relationships with underage girls.

“The old law in Arizona is without exceptions,” Clinton explained. “The man who wrote that law was married, I think four times and one of his wives was 12, two of his wives were 15.”

Clarkson's pointed response reflected the frustration and disbelief felt by many in the face of such restrictive legislation. “I'm glad we're getting advice from an upstanding citizen of the community,” she remarked, underscoring the absurdity of taking moral guidance from individuals with questionable backgrounds.

The emotional exchange between Clarkson and Clinton shed light on the deeply personal and far-reaching implications of abortion bans, emphasizing the importance of protecting women's rights and access to reproductive healthcare. As the debate over abortion continues, voices like Clarkson's and Clinton's serve as powerful reminders of the human cost of restrictive legislation.

Source

Explainer-What's next after Arizona's highest court upheld an abortion ban?

image.png

Arizona's Supreme Court recently made a controversial decision, reviving a near-total abortion ban that dates back to the 19th century. Here's what you need to know about the conflict that could unfold as a result of this ruling:

What is the Law That Was Revived?

The law, enacted in 1864 before Arizona was even a state, prohibits all abortions except those necessary to save the mother's life. Notably, it lacks exceptions for cases of rape or incest and imposes a penalty of up to five years in prison for performing an abortion.

Did the Court's Ruling Leave Room for Further Challenges to the Law?

Yes. The Supreme Court's decision focused solely on whether the 19th-century law was repealed by a more recent 15-week abortion ban passed in 2022. It did not address the law's potential unconstitutionality on other grounds.

Who Might Enforce the Law?

While the law remains on the books, Democratic Attorney General Kristin Mayes and local prosecutors in populous areas like Maricopa County have declared they will not enforce it. Mayes has also asserted her authority to prevent any local prosecutor from pursuing abortion-related prosecutions. Governor Katie Hobbs, also a Democrat, has backed Mayes' stance with an executive order.

How Could the Law Next Be Challenged in Court?

The current situation could lead to further legal challenges. Planned Parenthood and Mayes' office could seek to block the law based on claims that it violates Arizonans' rights to liberty and privacy under the state constitution. The state Supreme Court has temporarily paused its decision to allow for such legal action.

What Other Options Do Abortion Rights Supporters Have?

Given the legal complexities, some believe that the most viable path forward for abortion rights supporters in Arizona is political rather than legal. Democratic lawmakers have attempted to repeal the ban legislatively, but faced opposition from the Republican majority. Additionally, organizers have gathered enough signatures to place a ballot measure before voters in November, aiming to establish a right to abortion. Similar efforts are underway in other states.

As the debate over abortion rights continues in Arizona, legal and political battles are likely to intensify, shaping the landscape of reproductive rights in the state for years to come.

Source

image.png

Where do all these shows featuring low to mediocre talent as hosts come from? Does America have a huge 51st state somewhere where they keep millions of aspiring low talent talk show hosts to fill in at 3am when no one watches? I never hear of any of them and suddenly they are a major news item....Ooooh Kelly Clarkson got emotional. Bit fat hairy deal. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess if they taught how a democracy works in a Constitution Republic in schools, instead of white people are evil and imaginary sex/genders, maybe people would realize, they can change things at the next election cycle ... IF that's what most wanted.

Apparently not ... as the ones they elected already to represent them, already voted for them.   Guess they didn't know who they really elected, IF they even voted.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 2

Just be sure to vote I’m thinking within 2 election cycles there will be enough democrats in office to undo the damage done by trumps republicans I hope the women folk keep this and other important issues front and center in the coming months 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1