If you are lonely and desperate why not find a gf at the local hardware store?

16 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

My suspicion is the OP is misreading nervous giggly laughter at his goofy antics as her being receptive to going out on a date. OK, OK, call me Mr. Negative, but here's why I'm a little skeptical.

The woman is probably working 6 days a week, meaning scheduling dates isn't going to be a walk in the park. Also if she's working there's a good chance she's either married, been married, or has kids she has to support. Young kids are going to further eat into her free time.

Chances are the entire staff in whatever department she works in, if not the entire store, is going to hear about your romantic overture, and if you actually go out on a date, how it went down, so every time you go back to buy an extension cord be prepared for the knowing looks, and being pointed at and whispered about. 

If both she and you live near her place of employment, then there's the scuttlebutt issue about her being perceived as skanking around with an older foreign guy, basically getting accused of turning tricks.

Should also mention that I've encountered a few "pros" (not prostitutes) working in retail stores. Women who have made it a regular side hustle dating customers. Fees to compensate her for time off from work, baby sitting fees, maybe chaperone fees for someone to accompany her on the first date or two, followed up by dinner at the most expensive restaurant in town, the evening ending with a peck on the cheek and a declination to go out on a second date due to lack of time away from work. Rinse and repeat.

I'll admit I've seen some pretty cute girls working in hardware stores. Not sure if all of them have particularly scintillating  personalities, but some are quite cute and seem down to earth. By all means give it a shot, but take it slow.

It is a fine line between being nice and funny to be a creepy man. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, rwill said:

A lot of them get commissions.  That's why they often go up to the register with you and scan their company badge.

Really? 

I thought they want to regale me with their song..

“ Mai Mee, Mai Mee “

Like the chorus in a Greek tragedy

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You must be incredibly handsome and have such raw sexuality that random women just have to come and make goo goo eyes at you.

I shopped at Thai supermarkets ( there are only Thai supermarkets in Thailand ) a lot and no Thai woman ever rushed over to help me decide which brand of baked beans was better.

What people missing, is the innocent joking and flirting part, that really doesnt mean much more than a little brake and refreshment of the daily boring routines. 

Same when I worked as a security, I got alot of attention from women and gay men. Some never understand the innocent pat of these interactions that is just a time breaker if you can say so.

Women who are chasing westerns, and go with westerns, have an agenda, and as others have said here, most thai women wants a thai man, and I said most not all. 

18 hours ago, advancebooking said:

I was recently at the latter shopping for a bathtub. I asked the girl, aged in late 20s, if I could take my shoes off and get in. After I got in, she smiled at me and I said to her 'come in and join me'.

When younger my mates pull line was " Will you have a bath with me? I will take the tap end" This would certainly break the ice with a girl and was quite successful.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

They normally show me something completely unrelated to what I need, maybe that is not the tool I have a use for.  :whistling:

I went into Home Pro and asked the cute gal if she could give my tool a wrench....she maced me.....

I then went to hotel and asked the cutie at reception for her #...she said it was 0.

distraught i went for breakfast and told the sexy waitress ill have the quickie..she slapped me--my friend says..no dummy its says "quiche"....

• Sad 3

Last time I was in homepro with my wife one of the female staff came up to us and started talking to my wife .

After she walked off my wife said the woman asked her if I was her husband and she said yes . Then she said the woman told her I was no good as she seen me in a bar talking to another woman 🤔

Luckily my wife knew the woman I was talking to and it was a bar I go to all the time 😀

• Confused 1

I actually don’t like the store environment as much as I like the markets. Early mornings I grab a basket and head to the market for tomatoes and cucumber and there are always several attractive ladies coming in and out. I just walk real slow and compare melons while I’m at it.

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I don't like how they insist on surrounding  me in packs of 3-6 when I don't need help

If you ask about stock of some item it is always two weeks

Never tomorrow or two days. Maybe they cute but probably are Thai fembots

Mai mee Mai mee, like a broken record

I hate it too. 'Can I help You? Well No because you will not understand the next question. Wears me out. Do Home is bad. They have no clue what's in the aisle where they work, and always have to run off an find the only person in the store who knows where things are. Then you wait.

One would think that the owners of these stores would require the staff to all eventually learn the names of what is in the aisle they work in. Would that be too difficult?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, advancebooking said:

There are armies of single, bored and desperate girls at hardware stores such as HomePro, ThaiWatsu etc across Thailand. 

I was recently at the latter shopping for a bathtub. I asked the girl, aged in late 20s, if I could take my shoes off and get in. After I got in, she smiled at me and I said to her 'come in and join me'. I thought to myself if I were desperate and dateless I would probably pull this girl. She could be mine. 

In Homepro I noticed groups of girls standing around bored as hell. Home ceramic and SCG have normal staffing models and thus one will not succeed there. 

If you are not into P4P girls at the local bar why not go to a hardware store and find some loven? I think even someone with no friends (Bob) might be able to get lucky. 

cheers. 

" Come in and join me " ........... Did she ?

• Confused 1

There are armies of single, bored and desperate girls at hardware stores such as HomePro, ThaiWatsu etc across Thailand. 

I was recently at the latter shopping for a bathtub. I asked the girl, aged in late 20s, if I could take my shoes off and get in. After I got in, she smiled at me and I said to her 'come in and join me'. I thought to myself if I were desperate and dateless I would probably pull this girl. She could be mine. 

In Homepro I noticed groups of girls standing around bored as hell. Home ceramic and SCG have normal staffing models and thus one will not succeed there. 

If you are not into P4P girls at the local bar why not go to a hardware store and find some loven? I think even someone with no friends (Bob) might be able to get lucky. 

cheers. 

P4P   ? pay for play?

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

It isn't rarely. It happens all the time. More of course with locals because they outnumber us. Even though it's about foreigners, not all crimes against us are reported on the news. It's usually in Bangkok or beach areas that get the most news. Tourists are killed here every year, and that's not rare either.

I disagree.

cheers. 

All depends what you're looking for. Anyway you would have to pay for a short fling. Makes it really a difference how you call it? Pay for sex? Buy a prostitute? Use the power of your money? Or what else do those girls see in you? An very old (ugly) horny bastard?

Tell me?🙏

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

All depends what you're looking for. Anyway you would have to pay for a short fling. Makes it really a difference how you call it? Pay for sex? Buy a prostitute? Use the power of your money? Or what else do those girls see in you? An very old (ugly) horny bastard?

Tell me?🙏

you can choose to be fair and square play the p4p, or pick girls for fun, convince them you are a good guy, and dump them whenever you feel for it!

What is worse in your opinion morally ? 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

wow, really, sooo impressive

your friend you say? 

Yes it was and she actually moved in with him. Had a beautiful daughter, but sadly a large amount owing on her credit card. I think she made it to the six month mark, before he was single again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

you can choose to be fair and square play the p4p, or pick girls for fun, convince them you are a good guy, and dump them whenever you feel for it!

What is worse in your opinion morally ? 

Everything is worse what you post. No respect at all. I hope many will talk about you in the way you talk about young women and will dump you to the garbage bin. 🥴

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've found generally men are less 'users' than women.

A nice woman has no problem keeping a man.

(Definition of nice ......... one that doesn't shout, treats you well, has sex with you frequently and doesn't keep asking for money)

I guess we see it differently, and knowing your story, I understand your point of view, but still I my eyes, I see many broken girls turning bad because of to many promises, used and abused.

Equal for both sexes is unrealistic expectations and lack of understanding for each other.. Some manage to learn the game, some just dont, they keep on doing the same mistakes and never lower their expectations to a standard that is human and both can live with.

The art of not pick an bad apple

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My misses says she likes a guy that doesn't beat her unconscious every week and has no problem paying all the bills.

All prostitutes will tell you that. But as a good pimp you're different?😳

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Everything is worse what you post. No respect at all. I hope many will talk about you in the way you talk about young women and will dump you to the garbage bin. 🥴

Explain