If you are lonely and desperate why not find a gf at the local hardware store?

11 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

the odds of success are lower here than back home.

I think its true if one is looking in Pattaya or Phuket central. 

But if one moves to a normal regional non tourist thai city and lives there. Then I disagree with your statement. 

12 minutes ago, advancebooking said:
12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Nobody ever tried to kill me in London ........ but a Thai tried to kill me in Chiang Mai.

why, what happened?

For no reason whatsoever...    a Thai University Lecturer rear ended BritMan while on his motorcycle stopped at the traffic lights....  

His injuries sounded quite horrific and he was very lucky to survive...  BritMan stated that once the police had caught up with the Thai guy he'd admitted to 'running into him' deliberately.... 

... Its is there that the full story gets a little unclear...    Brit stated that his bag may have 'brushed' the Thai Man's vehicle before the 'attempted murder'..... 

A shocking story and it highlights how vulnerable we are when out on a motorcycle....   be careful out there....

Perhaps some people really are triggered into a Murderous rage so easily as we often see in the media...

... or perhaps there is more that Brit will not admit to as in his thread on the 'event' there were numerous questions left ignored and unanswered... 

Edited by richard_smith237

Somewhat related.  On one of my firsteeting with a thai GF prospect we ended up in the mattress area of a mall store.   I'm always interested in comparing prices.   And so many hard mattresses at hotels and home stays.   

We ended up acting like a couple shopping for  a mattress and got full sales service from an otherwise bored sales staff girl.   It was a great ice breaker     in bed within an hour of meeting a cute professional thai gal.   On FB I could see this date did find and marry a farang.  One of the sweet ones I found  during my search but passed on.   One of the did I make mistake ones. 

Mike has the measure of it, but I wouldn't assume all those 'bored' looking girls in HomePro are single. Very unlikely, or at least unlikely to not have love interests. They are mostly about commissions there and are big on cust service. Don't forget that Thais are supremely polite in that type of setup and it is easy to assume the attention you get is 100% genuine and that you could rock-on in short order.

Having said that, this is still one of the best places for getting hooked up. Forgetting P4P tourist areas for a bit, regards 'genuine' girls here, it is all about first appearances... same anywhere I guess, but esp in Asia! Don't worry about age, but being clean and well attired is an absolute must. You might not need Thai, but having nice shoes (especially), along with a collar and smile can work wonders.

Dunno the full story, but a guy in the above scenario strolling into a store here looking for action would have a markedly different success rate if he walked in with t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops compared with slacks, shirt and shiny shoes. You are halfway there without saying anything.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've found generally men are less 'users' than women.

Uh-huh.

Tales of HomePro blind-hoping:

When I lived in Bible-land, USA, During the tortuous courting of some godly fattie, guys would be expected to do stuff like change the oil in their car, or cut down trees. This, for someone they barely knew. They were trying to show their Christian Leadership bona fides, but I believe the correct description would be: Chump.

My wife's ex-husband went over to "help" paint a hottie's den, only to find himself painting alone after she painted about a foot and a half of trim and wandered off to text to her friends. Another friend of mine drove a minor rock singer around town and painted her toe nails. And he wasn't even a fetishist, which I could totally respect. He was just a chump.

I recall a Youtube where a cute woman went on Facebook (or whatever it was) and said she needed her car dug out from the snow after a blizzard. She got multiple offers, and one lucky chump showed up and did it for her. Fair play tho, she did provide him with a coffee from the gas station and a donut. When he was done. Hug? No.

Meanwhile, plenty of tik toks about women going to a HomePro in search of a REAL man, only to whimsically come up empty. There is this believe that men are just hanging around like noble knights, looking for a M'Lady to serve.

I have a female friend who complained that no man was leaping up from his airplane seat to help her put her carry-on in the overhead compartment. What kind of infant can't do this? What was in her carry-on, an anvil?

It's completely acceptable to view men as drone-utilities. A lot of blather on Reddit about "high value men".

It's not OK to view women as sex-givers.  But sometimes, f they didn't have sex to offer, they'd have nothing. 

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Is expecting to still have sex with your woman 2x a week (after living together for a few months) really unrealistic?

The two women in my life both thought it was unrealistic for me to still want sex after they trapped me. I guess they didn't realise I was prepared to lose almost everything to get away from them.

5 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

Uh-huh.

Tales of HomePro blind-hoping:

When I lived in Bible-land, USA, During the tortuous courting of some godly fattie, guys would be expected to do stuff like change the oil in their car, or cut down trees. This, for someone they barely knew. They were trying to show their Christian Leadership bona fides, but I believe the correct description would be: Chump.

My wife's ex-husband went over to "help" paint a hottie's den, only to find himself painting alone after she painted about a foot and a half of trim and wandered off to text to her friends. Another friend of mine drove a minor rock singer around town and painted her toe nails. And he wasn't even a fetishist, which I could totally respect. He was just a chump.

I recall a Youtube where a cute woman went on Facebook (or whatever it was) and said she needed her car dug out from the snow after a blizzard. She got multiple offers, and one lucky chump showed up and did it for her. Fair play tho, she did provide him with a coffee from the gas station and a donut. When he was done. Hug? No.

Meanwhile, plenty of tik toks about women going to a HomePro in search of a REAL man, only to whimsically come up empty. There is this believe that men are just hanging around like noble knights, looking for a M'Lady to serve.

I have a female friend who complained that no man was leaping up from his airplane seat to help her put her carry-on in the overhead compartment. What kind of infant can't do this? What was in her carry-on, an anvil?

It's completely acceptable to view men as drone-utilities. A lot of blather on Reddit about "high value men".

It's not OK to view women as sex-givers.  But sometimes, f they didn't have sex to offer, they'd have nothing. 

LOL. You can add me to the chump's list. A few of the really classic ones: the "girlfriend" that got me to fix her car for her, knowing she was going to dump me before I fixed it, I did change a girl's engine oil, and she wasn't even a girl friend, I also fixed a girl I knew at work's car door, and neither of them offered me a cup of coffee or a donut for doing it.

I was the sort to help out if someone needed help, but when I fixed a car broken down in the literal "middle of nowhere" ( and before mobile phones to call the AA ) the car full of people didn't offer me even a couple of bucks for my time in the dirt under the car fixing it.

Nevertheless I still went on to the ultimate disaster of marrying someone that was always a taker and never a giver ( they are always great till after they hook the sucker though ), and even though I wired up not one, but two of the family's houses, they repaid me by stealing everything they could get their hands on.

Takes a while to hammer the reality in though and just last year I helped out a neighbour by selling him something he was supposed to pay me off in weekly instalments, but did he pay, not a chance- the con artists are always great people till they've taken the mark for what they want. Karma got him though, he killed himself by driving badly on a motorbike and I got my unpaid for property back. It's unusual for karma to get the bad guys though.

It's not OK to view women as sex-givers.  

Why not? What else do they have to offer? Anyway, in my experience they only use sex to get what they want, so IMO it's OK to get what we want in return.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. You can add me to the chump's list. A few of the really classic ones: the "girlfriend" that got me to fix her car for her, knowing she was going to dump me before I fixed it, I did change a girl's engine oil, and she wasn't even a girl friend, I also fixed a girl I knew at work's car door, and neither of them offered me a cup of coffee or a donut for doing it.

I was the sort to help out if someone needed help, but when I fixed a car broken down in the literal "middle of nowhere" ( and before mobile phones to call the AA ) the car full of people didn't offer me even a couple of bucks for my time in the dirt under the car fixing it.

Nevertheless I still went on to the ultimate disaster of marrying someone that was always a taker and never a giver ( they are always great till after they hook the sucker though ), and even though I wired up not one, but two of the family's houses, they repaid me by stealing everything they could get their hands on.

Takes a while to hammer the reality in though and just last year I helped out a neighbour by selling him something he was supposed to pay me off in weekly instalments, but did he pay, not a chance- the con artists are always great people till they've taken the mark for what they want. Karma got him though, he killed himself by driving badly on a motorbike and I got my unpaid for property back. It's unusual for karma to get the bad guys though.

It's not OK to view women as sex-givers.  

Why not? What else do they have to offer? Anyway, in my experience they only use sex to get what they want, so IMO it's OK to get what we want in return.

You're not being a chump if you help anyone, especially women, out when they are in need. Looking to get something in return isn't helping but looking for something as payment in return. I've changed probably over 20 tires for people, mostly women, on the road and just walked away when they said thanks, and many of these were good looking women. I didn't expect anything besides a thank you for helping them when they didn't have anyone else around.

If you are always nice to people, including women, you will get noticed. I once gave a girl, very pretty, a ride when she was hitchhiking in New Jersey. You could tell she was very wary the whole ride to her house,, but when we arrived there, she gave me her phone number without asking. I'm sure there was attraction but she didn't trust me at first, thinking I could be a weirdo.

I will still always help anyone I can that needs it. It's just common courtesy, and you might save a life if you get to them before some predator comes along. That's always been my thinking.

As far as what a woman has to offer, with your bad two experiences you shouldn't get so jaded. The next one could be the right one. I have been burned a few times, especially with women I had children with, but I'll never give up because I know there are good women out there. What does a woman have to offer? A good one offers a companion to grow old with, to share good times with, someone to love and care for you, especially when you're sick. Someone to laugh with, to make love to, have a family with and share those times. Someone that knows your thinking before you do. This is why I'm still hopeful, because they are out there, but if you think they're all bad, you'll never let the right one in when she comes around.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Most relationships end that way, or continue although they have failed. A successful relationship continues because of exactly what I said. There isn't any argument over this. Millions of people stay in miserable relationships for one reason or another. Usually children or financial, but fear of the unknown is another. I had children with a few of these women so that's not a failure, even though our relationship didn't work. People part for many reasons, and if two can't see a future together, it wasn't a failure if it ends but necessary so they can go on and find one better suited for each. You can spend a lot of good time with someone but need to part because of many reasons. This doesn't mean it failed but just ended for positive reasons. I had almost 100 girlfriends and we all parted ways because our future plans weren't the same. Failure or success? Every relationship you've ever had failed if you look at it that way.Are you better off now than before? If yes, then those relationships you had led to this one, and if this one is a success, you've succeeded, at least for now.

One thing is having good and bad experiences and grow to become what you are today without regrets, or constantly complain about previous women in life, and how bad their where, and have no whats so ever self-conscious.

So many woman haters on this forum, who found their way to Thailand because they did not succeed in their own country, and they still have no idea where it went wrong, and why. Some continued to do the same mistakes here, and still blaim the women for being thebad ones. 

And of course since they failed big time, everyone else on this forum did to.

Not once I have I complained about women on this forum, not previously western women or thai women, because I know it is all up to me and my choices I make for good and bad. 

When I first found a woman in Thailand, she was to good to let go, so therefor for my first time in life I stayed, and semi retired. 

Also first time I lived one place more than 4 years same place because of travelling for sport and work. Also first time I had a relationship lasting more than 4 years. 

Long distance relationships have never been my thing.

Everything is about timing, being there, have learned from previously mistakes, grow,  and that takes some interest, as well at the same time, understand life can change, and new plans have to be made. 

Women wants to be seen every day, appreciated every day and also especially thai women, that you pay respect for her and her family. 

If you do not respect her family, do not get involved, it will kill your relationship. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If woman are available, there is usually a reason as to why they are available 

Yeh - one of them being they aint married and they dont like (and/or sick of) the khrapp Thai men put women through.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hummin said:

One thing is having good and bad experiences and grow to become what you are today without regrets, or constantly complain about previous women in life, and how bad their where, and have no whats so ever self-conscious.

So many woman haters on this forum, who found their way to Thailand because they did not succeed in their own country, and they still have no idea where it went wrong, and why. Some continued to do the same mistakes here, and still blaim the women for being thebad ones. 

And of course since they failed big time, everyone else on this forum did to.

Not once I have I complained about women on this forum, not previously western women or thai women, because I know it is all up to me and my choices I make for good and bad. 

When I first found a woman in Thailand, she was to good to let go, so therefor for my first time in life I stayed, and semi retired. 

Also first time I lived one place more than 4 years same place because of travelling for sport and work. Also first time I had a relationship lasting more than 4 years. 

Long distance relationships have never been my thing.

Everything is about timing, being there, have learned from previously mistakes, grow,  and that takes some interest, as well at the same time, understand life can change, and new plans have to be made. 

Women wants to be seen every day, appreciated every day and also especially thai women, that you pay respect for her and her family. 

If you do not respect her family, do not get involved, it will kill your relationship. 

Total BS - sounds like a woke teenager/female - but not in an English country - obviously. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Total BS - sounds like a woke teenager/female - but not in an English country - obviously. 

😉

Woke, and a teenager girl now, 👏

Must say, good argumentation, but have to agree, some of the biggest sluts I met, was from uk

• Sad 1

On 4/16/2024 at 12:21 PM, Will B Good said:

Yes....how the hell do they make a profit?...... never seen more than half a dozen cars in the car park.... and walking around they are deserted.

yeah and its odd how HP is many a Thai stockbrokers research dept. darling . Like we say here at the beach side on the East coast - many large new luxurious resorts, few people = ''laundly''.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/17/2024 at 8:42 PM, advancebooking said:

I think its true if one is looking in Pattaya or Phuket central. 

But if one moves to a normal regional non tourist thai city and lives there. Then I disagree with your statement. 

no so in Surathani. i get to chat up and am always welcomed in Thai, by half doz. of the women at Sizzlers, Home Pro also. It's just a matter of treating them, one on one like a human being. Most are single and say they do not want a Thai boyfriend or husband.

• Agree 1

On 4/18/2024 at 7:11 AM, Hummin said:

Not worshiping women doesn't equate to hating them.

As for here, we're all paying for their company, even if you want to claim you aren't.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, paddypower said:

no so in Surathani. i get to chat up and am always welcomed in Thai, by half doz. of the women at Sizzlers, Home Pro also. It's just a matter of treating them, one on one like a human being. Most are single and say they do not want a Thai boyfriend or husband.

The art of knowing thai women, is, 

They will say whatever they think you would like to hear! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Not worshiping women doesn't equate to hating them.

As for here, we're all paying for their company, even if you claim you aren't.

Well, Im a man, Im a care taker, and do what is necessary to have a good life. I take care of her, she take care of me. Simple as that! If thats mean you can simplifie it to be something dirty, I could not care less. 

8 years relationship, doesnt come easy, but if it was only the money, I believe I would had the feeling by now. As said, we both working for it, and so far so good

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Isn't that a good thing?

Well, If you think so, why not

I prefer girls who manage to express themselves, and not only say things they really do not mean. 

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

8 years relationship, doesnt come easy, but if it was only the money, I believe I would had the feeling by now. As said, we both w

Not that big a boast as I've been in my current transactional relationship for 15 years and we have a 12yo son.

Here's a nice video explaining how 'romantic love' is purely transactional ...

Obviously the guy falls at the last fence by failing to realise that to women no deal is final.

Edited by BritManToo

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, If you think so, why not

I prefer girls who manage to express themselves, and not only say things they really do not mean. 

No woman says what she means, every word spoken to a man is in an attempt to manipulate him.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not that big a boast as I've been in my current transactional relationship for 15 years and we have a 12yo son.

Here's a nice video explaining how 'romantic love' is purely transactional ...

Obviously the guy falls at the last fence by failing to realise that to women no deal is final.

And? 

I thought I said, we both benefit from each other, so I see no controversy about my posts. There have to be a balance, and especially when we have a farm together all in her name, she and her parents have to contribute, and when me and my wife travelling more than 6 months a year, everything is covered without me spending all my savings on them. 

Im going to be the first who pack my bags and leave, if I feel Im going to be taken for a ride. And I think most miss out on that one, because they invested to much feelings, and money, and therefor do not see a way out. Thats a problem for many expats in Asia. 

I still have a life at my orign country. 

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No woman says what she means, every word spoken to a man is in an attempt to manipulate him.

A woman says alot, and if you listen, you would know, 

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

And?

Let's agree (for the sake of discussion) I'm a complete piece of poop, especially where women are concerned. My LTRs were 30 years (4 kids), and 15 years (1 kid).

and you (as a complete caring sharing compassionate person) have barely managed 8 years in your nearly finished lifetime.

where is the logic in your posts?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1